Scandal Liam Jurrah back in jail (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2004
Why do you care?
Spare a thought for Martin Flanagan at this sad time

Former AFL player Liam Jurrah is in custody after allegedly breaking into a house and assaulting a woman with a machete in his Northern Territory hometown of Yuendumu.
Jurrah, 33, was last month charged with unlawful entry with intent to commit an offence and aggravated assault in relation to the August 2 incident at the troubled remote outback community.

The ex-Melbourne forward was refused bail when he appeared in Alice Springs Local Court before Judge Sarah McNamara on August 30, according to reports in The Australian.

He has been remanded in custody until his next court mention on October 13.

Maybe wait to hear his side first!
Very true, I mean she may have deserved it right?

There is a big enough body of work to show he should be in jail I reckon

I can't even fathom machete attacks. How is it not instantly fatal? Seems like if you're halfway trying, it's a pretty lethal weapon. What the hell is wrong with this guy though? Why does anybody need a machete? Once you're a machete guy, you're pretty much a psychotic murdering kind of guy.

Don't worry, I'm not expecting any answers to these questions, just find this all pretty mind-boggling.

I can't even fathom machete attacks. How is it not instantly fatal? Seems like if you're halfway trying, it's a pretty lethal weapon. What the hell is wrong with this guy though? Why does anybody need a machete? Once you're a machete guy, you're pretty much a psychotic murdering kind of guy.

Don't worry, I'm not expecting any answers to these questions, just find this all pretty mind-boggling.

Because in 99% of occasions, most people don’t have the courage of their convictions - Jarrah is one of many that feels he has to dispense justice...,but understands the consequences of killing someone.

A bunch of kids or a ice-monkey on the other hand - no concept of consequence and the pack mentality results in escalation.

The number of times I saw tradies squaring off with hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers.....but the worst result would be a punctured arm or leg....or a broken forearm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's something wrong with this bloke, but he wasn't helped by the bloke that was supposed to be looking after him in Melbourne - More interested in writing a book and going onto Demonland and Radio talking himself up than worrying about the transition to Melbourne. No winners in this story, but a few leeches that tried to cash in on a bloke that clearly has some serious issues.

There's something wrong with this bloke, but he wasn't helped by the bloke that was supposed to be looking after him in Melbourne - More interested in writing a book and going onto Demonland and Radio talking himself up than worrying about the transition to Melbourne. No winners in this story, but a few leeches that tried to cash in on a bloke that clearly has some serious issues.
His son is a gun. Hope he gets the support he needs.

Playing at Feds in Alice, He’s just like any of the other young fellas really. He would only 13 or 14 I think. Footy brings the best out in them. They forget about their troubles for a bit. They’re good at it so they feel confident and good about themselves. Im told he’s a nice kid around the club.

Playing at Feds in Alice, He’s just like any of the other young fellas really. He would only 13 or 14 I think. Footy brings the best out in them. They forget about their troubles for a bit. They’re good at it so they feel confident and good about themselves. Im told he’s a nice kid around the club.
You'd hope his dad hasn't been in tho picture too much. Not much of a role model.

it's just a flesh wound

a lot of people who use machetes are typically fuelled by cane sugar, it’s essentially dual-purpose tool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back