Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the holier than thou attitude of you guys is a joke
I broke plenty of rules and let down plenty of people willfully when I was that age and learned from the consequences, but wasn't hung for it.
end of the day they were just two drunk blokes at a strip club who got into a scuffle. they didn't murder or rape anyone or even commit a crime
Just because you were a fool doesn't give license to others to be one. Also I don't believe that any of your rule breaking could of potentially cost an organisation millions or render one year of work completely useless.

Footballers are recruited on their footballing ability. What did the club expect with Stack? The poor kid had a very troubled upbringing, he is out of the team, single and stuck in a resort for 8 plus weeks. I do not know CCJ’s upbringing but he is young. This was bound to happen.
for Benny to say “oh but we educated them” that is the lowest order control and a cop out. These kids were recruited for their footballing ability and that is it. Club must provide far more support and harder controls. If they feel they cannot handle it, send them back to Melbourne. RFC set these kids up to fail. Make no mistake this is not CCJ and Sydney’s fault but the club and even the AFL. You cannot coop young athletes up like that.
For context read about the Olympics. It’s a complete rootathon and only goes for 2 weeks.

Footballers are recruited on their footballing ability. What did the club expect with Stack? The poor kid had a very troubled upbringing, he is out of the team, single and stuck in a resort for 8 plus weeks. I do not know CCJ’s upbringing but he is young. This was bound to happen.
for Benny to say “oh but we educated them” that is the lowest order control and a cop out. These kids were recruited for their footballing ability and that is it. Club must provide far more support and harder controls. If they feel they cannot handle it, send them back to Melbourne. RFC set these kids up to fail. Make no mistake this is not CCJ and Sydney’s fault but the club and even the AFL. You cannot coop young athletes up like that.
For context read about the Olympics. It’s a complete rootathon and only goes for 2 weeks.
Nope they recruit them on talent and character and provide them with the support when they walk into the club accordingly .
There is a behaviour aspect of being an AFL footballer .

Hahaha no mate I just think stacky is a Dan connors!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know about that. Dan had this flog "I will never grow up" vibe about him, Stack is troubled and a bit arrogant, but I think he will mature and turn it around.

Please don't bring gendered violence into this to try and give your point credence, it's trying to go down the victim blaming argument again and it holds no weight here. How about this, do you have more sympathy for a smoker or a non smoker who gets lung cancer? Probably the non smoker, doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for both but peoples choices affect the amount of sympathy you have. It's not a complex point.

Please don’t use a perfectly good metaphor because I say so....?? Lol what?
Your metaphor uses self harm as an example, which is voluntary. Gender aside, being assaulted by another human being ( an external force) is nobody’s fault and it’s a disgrace that people are shrugging it off as nothing just because they broke an AFL imposed rule.
Victim blaming plain and simple.

If anyone gets assaulted anywhere unprovoked then you would care. However, the level of shock or surprise would be different. Being in a workplace you do not expect to be assaulted (unless you work in security/military etc.), however being out on the town at night in a party town it is not that huge a stretch that some sh*t could go down at all.

To put it another way, it would be tragic if someone was killed by gunshot on Collins St as it would be equally tragic if someone was shot and killed at Omaha Beach in 44. The difference here is that in one instance you are not expecting trouble but in the other scenario you are expecting it

I don’t disagree with much of what you’ve said here to be honest. Basically you’ve said that the probability of bad things happened increases if you’re out at night. We all agree.

I refuse to accept however that just because they were out at 3.30am it’s at all acceptable to be assaulted. And my original point was merely that the mob were quick to defend Chol (because the perceived attacker was in Richmond colours) who the assumed to be a victim without asking him... and quick to sink the boot in on players who legitimately are the victims of an unprovoked attack.

For a minute let’s pretend there’s no pandemic. Ok so the players didn’t moronically put the league at risk and ignore an AFL enforced law. Is it so “risky” and dumb for 2 x 20 year olds to be out at night at 3.30am? What’s so weird about it? On a day off? I did this kind of thing for over a decade and Im sure nearly every AFL player does. The breaking the AFL covid rule is one thing. Being assaulted on a night out is another and I’m shocked how little attention it’s received. Just because people are mad about them breaking a rule, doesn’t mean they are open to be assaulted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest this sh*t is overhyped due to covid hysteria. Is a normal season we would be praising stack for defending Jones. And your get losers like whankley going , LOOK AT THE CULTURR ON AND OFF THE FIELD THEY PROTECT THEIR MATES OFF IT.

covid has f’ed many peoples year and lives this year, footballers aren't immune some aren't used to it and do things that they would.usually do but now it's wrong. Hence you get these rules being broken. Punish them yes. But stop the carry on of sackings , stripping of points etc. They are humans too.
I agree. Let's belt Wankley

yeah but, the guy could have bought COVID back into our club, and effectively ended our season, even killed people, let alone no premiership, potentially our window closed.

Non-covid world it's dumb kid stuff, I agree.

Sorry, but the potential consequences of what they did was near-unforgivable, I'm done with both of them, they simply have no care for the health and well-being of their teammates.
Hard to bring covid into the club when there is barely any in qld mate. Youd have a better chance at banging Miranda kerr

I know I'm late to the party but I fail to see what the players did so wrong to cost them 10 games and tens of thousands of dollars? You would think they set fire to the strip club and killed a man the way the news covered this. They should replace TV journalists with parrots.
Seems extremely harsh on guys younger than 20.
To my understanding they did not break any of Queensland's laws because they had been in the state more than 14 days. They were the victims of an assault yet they're being blamed for the incident by the Queensland premier? The AFL claims they are imprisoning their employees to protect the league from covid? That's the official reason for the hubs right?
If covid is such a genuine threat in Queensland and this isn't about the AFL trying to control people then why are the finals being played there at all?

Of course young guys under 25 are going to do stupid things in a place like the Gold Coast, its called being young and having fun. The AFL knew this would happen because it is obvious. That, along with the extremely large sums of money clubs and individuals are forced to pay for these breaches that don't actually matter or hurt anyone, except maybe the premier at the state election. (If it wasn't reported nobody would know, obviously players leave hubs all the time).
You sold out your hard border for the AFL money Queensland so don't lie to your people and act surprised when you get the very thing you paid for. But the bigger question is. Why is the AFL seemingly extorting clubs and individuals of large sums of money by setting up a system that was guaranteed to raise it? Is the bank already putting on the pressure to repay that loan?
I hope after the grand final Richmond fight back against the AFL and defend their players after this. The Queensland government let these people in on the assumption that they would all detain themselves voluntarily for months? Why do they even care about player movement when the players have gone through the legally required quarantined incubation period?

Very weak from Queensland and the AFL to make an example out of two easy targets like this. Brooke Cotchin and Nathan Buckley did the exact same "offence" yet no suspension. Why is that? Because they're older? How does that make it better?
Remember when the AFL used to at least pretend to have integrity? The good old days when you still had some wisdom at the top. If they take premiership points from Richmond or any team this year for these so called breaches that means Gill writes the season instead of the football being played to determine it.

The AFL are a joke organisation that stand for nothing except "national expansion" which consists of compromising the draft year after year. It's been about 10 years yet no one seems to care about GWS or Gold Coast. I watched the 1972 grand final the other day and it seemed like players had better skills then in terms of confidence, initiative and goal kicking. If you transported the crowd from that game to today they'd be like what is this shit AND why on earth did i pay so much for it?

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with much of what you’ve said here to be honest. Basically you’ve said that the probability of bad things happened increases if you’re out at night. We all agree.

I refuse to accept however that just because they were out at 3.30am it’s at all acceptable to be assaulted. And my original point was merely that the mob were quick to defend Chol (because the perceived attacker was in Richmond colours) who the assumed to be a victim without asking him... and quick to sink the boot in on players who legitimately are the victims of an unprovoked attack.

For a minute let’s pretend there’s no pandemic. Ok so the players didn’t moronically put the league at risk and ignore an AFL enforced law. Is it so “risky” and dumb for 2 x 20 year olds to be out at night at 3.30am? What’s so weird about it? On a day off? I did this kind of thing for over a decade and Im sure nearly every AFL player does. The breaking the AFL covid rule is one thing. Being assaulted on a night out is another and I’m shocked how little attention it’s received. Just because people are mad about them breaking a rule, doesn’t mean they are open to be assaulted.
I agree that there should be a level of concern for the players who were attacked unprovoked. They were victims in an assault and that should be highlighted here as well. I agree that just because they broke the AFL COVID rules, that does not mean they are open to assaulted or shot or whatever.

To bring it back to the Chol thing, he was following the rules when he was "assaulted". The reason the narrative will never be sympathetic to Stack and CCJ is that;
1. They are footballers and the media loves to intentionally miss-characterise any negative interaction with the public (a football club could be feeding the homeless and if one person threw up within the next week the media would say that the club went out and poisoned people)
2. The prevailing view on people is that if you break the rules, then any negative consequences that come your way as a result is somehow morally justified. A club could have a no drinking rule and a player who has been attacked by the public would have been seen as deserving it due to having 1 beer.

Please don’t use a perfectly good metaphor because I say so....?? Lol what?
Your metaphor uses self harm as an example, which is voluntary. Gender aside, being assaulted by another human being ( an external force) is nobody’s fault and it’s a disgrace that people are shrugging it off as nothing just because they broke an AFL imposed rule.
Victim blaming plain and simple.

Lol deciding to go to the strippers and breaking AFL covid rules is also voluntary. **** me

Hard to bring covid into the club when there is barely any in qld mate. Youd have a better chance at banging Miranda kerr
I understand the hub is more to protect Qlanders from the footy players, but jeepers there have been minor outbreaks up there, and the consequences for our club if Stack and CCJ had brought it in...

As I said, in a normal year, put it down to youthful stupidity.

just the gravity of what could have happened.

I understand the hub is more to protect Qlanders from the footy players, but jeepers there have been minor outbreaks up there, and the consequences for our club if Stack and CCJ had brought it in...

As I said, in a normal year, put it down to youthful stupidity.

just the gravity of what could have happened.
As I mentioned previous , we re lucky that prick did accost them and it blew up coz if this had of been delayed , they may well have quarantined players that had been in contact with them , believe me they would have done it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back