Sydney Swans vs. Melbourne (SCG) @7:20PM - AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

what dees haven’t beaten swans in like 8 years..? wow word? it’s about time they did and no doubt they must’ve been playing for their lives 100% good on em

Swans off the 5 day break just stopped. Not gonna happen for them in 2019. Does the SCG crowd seem more quiet these days? I mean even early against Adelaide and when winning against Dees the crowd doesn’t seem electric for some reason. Really poor at home last couple of years.

yeah mate everything about us this year seems to have softened up including our fans sif they at a funeral or somethin. PATHETIC

LOL so many salty people in here, A team wins a game and people get upset that there celebrating, I think just proves so many people have never played a team sport before or any sport for that matter.

Careful everyone. Melbourne will do another mean tweets banner next week if people aren't nice

A hard arsed and well deserved win to the dees. After seeing Sydney get kissed on the proverbial all night with Alir running into Petracca, Kennedy dropping it 3 times in Melb forwardline and Oliver getting "dustied" the Demons were by far deserved winners. Sydney still get a massive run with the Umps at the SCG like it was the mid 80s again

I thought the Aliir contact was fine, he had eyes for the ball and got his fist to it first, good call by the umps, play on!

I thought the Aliir contact was fine, he had eyes for the ball and got his fist to it first, good call by the umps, play on!
Agree, on replay it was an unbelievable play by Aliir

Nathan Jones: "Its a small step forward for us, but its nice to be in the winners circle"

BigFooty: HURDUR DRINKING BATH WATER
Melbourne: Sings song after win.

Bigfooty: dId mElBoUrNe OvErCeLeBrAtE?

Gutsy win on the road by an undermanned side looking down the barrel at 0-4 when 4 goals down in the 2nd quarter and with some terrible umpiring decisions costing us goals at both ends.

Hope we can back up against the Saints and then roll over an undermanned Tigers to get back to 3-3. Must win game next week.

Melksham is such a weak link for Melbourne. Was really good in the last half of 2018 - but he just looks like someone who expects to lose the contest.

The * are you on about? Kicked 32 goals and led the league in goal assists last year. One of the dumber posts on here.

The **** are you on about? Kicked 32 goals and led the league in goal assists last year. One of the dumber posts on here.
Reread it champ.
I said he was really good in the last half of 2018.
You responded by saying he was really good in 2018.

We're on the same page.

He looked totally lost in the first half last night and has done in the last couple of weeks. Disagree with that if you want.

Reread it champ.
I said he was really good in the last half of 2018.
You responded by saying he was really good in 2018.

We're on the same page.

He looked totally lost in the first half last night and has done in the last couple of weeks. Disagree with that if you want.

You said he was a weak link when he was arguably our most important player last year. Don't back peddle you ****ed up. You judged him off one game and you were wrong, it's ok.

Sometimes all it takes is a backs against the wall win, with a decimated squad, to reignite a season, think The Dees did that. Some impressive debutants, Big Maxy back to his best and Nathan Jones winding back the clock all added up to a pretty damn inspiring win.

You can stick a fork in the Swans for 2019 FYI, they are well and truly cooked like a Christmas Ham.

what dees haven’t beaten swans in like 8 years..? wow word? it’s about time they did and no doubt they must’ve been playing for their lives 100% good on em
Yeah but to be fair between 2011-2015 we didn't beat anybody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne: Sings song after win.

Bigfooty: dId mElBoUrNe OvErCeLeBrAtE?
You have form. The ott celebration at Optus late in the home amd away season. Only to return in September and be embarressed.

If you were playing anyone but Syd, Freo, St. Kilda or Carl last night you would be 0-4 with a performance like that.

You have form. The ott celebration at Optus late in the home amd away season. Only to return in September and be embarressed.

If you were playing anyone but Syd, Freo, St. Kilda or Carl last night you would be 0-4 with a performance like that.

making finals for the first time in 10 years isn't worthy of a little cheer? the prelim was absolutely embarrassing but was not impacted by 'overcelebrating'.

You mean the game where they confirmed their first finals berth in 12 years? Come on, dude.

Sometimes all it takes is a backs against the wall win, with a decimated squad, to reignite a season, think The Dees did that. Some impressive debutants, Big Maxy back to his best and Nathan Jones winding back the clock all added up to a pretty damn inspiring win.

You can stick a fork in the Swans for 2019 FYI, they are well and truly cooked like a Christmas Ham.

Yes tend to agree, the gain in confidence is as important as the win itself. We still have a way to go.

Was quietly confident in Melbourne until I saw the following stat:

Buddy Franklin has played Melbourne 15 times in his career.

His team is 15-0 in those matches.
TBH when I saw this post I thought I should change my tip to Melbourne :)

Put a cork in it cork, Dees had at least 5 players missing from their best 22, it w praiseworthy performance against a tea they hadn't beaten since Ruddy was PM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back