Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Swans v Dogs Thurs July 13th 7:20pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Dogs by 7 -20

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing people say the Bulldogs have this amazingly talented list that's being wasted by Bevo but I don't see a heap of talent.

Sure there's the obvious talent like bont, naughton, libba, jamara, weightman and english but who else?
Daniel, Bailey Dale, Macrae, Richards, Darcy, Bailey Smith..... how much more do you want lol. They're stacked with talent.

Rayner is a no.1 draft pick and Smith's already well and truly surpassed your boy.

I couldn't give a toss about the Dogs losing, it's great for my mob because all these teams around us are not taking their opportunity.
Rayner's kicked more than 4X the goals than the dunce last two seasons, 40 v 9, and what ever extra disposals Smith's had he's pissed about every one them against the wall! Not even in the same ballpark bro.

Daniel, Bailey Dale, Macrae, Richards, Darcy, Bailey Smith..... how much more do you want lol. They're stacked with talent.

Agree on smith, forgot him but the rest are nothing special just stock standard afl players. Darcy just a kid so he doesn't count.

It's amazing that some Bulldogs supporters think it was the umpires tonight yet they think the 2016 Grand Final umpiring was fine. Weird.

Anyway I be frustrated as a Dogs supporter. They cant maintain or build on a lead. Their forward entries and decision making going forward was shocking.Fitness seems to be an issue. Coaching too.

So much talent. Should probably be in the top 4 but instead ( like every year) will stress out their fans just to try and scrape into finals in the last round.

Agree on smith, forgot him but the rest are nothing special just stock standard afl players. Darcy just a kid so he doesn't count.
Champaign comedy here.. Word around the kennel is Poulter's taking his spot from here on in.

Sorry but Top 4 sides donā€™t have turd like Rory Lobb in their side.
And yes Iā€™m aware big ā€œLobbsterā€ didnā€™t play today but his replacement was worse.

Horrid defence too.

Well, the good news for the AFL is they can save money on umpires match fees and go back to one field umpire per game next year. If you're gonna get it wrong anyway, you may as well get it wrong for a quarter of the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but Top 4 sides donā€™t have turd like Rory Lobb in their side.
And yes Iā€™m aware big ā€œLobbsterā€ didnā€™t play today but his replacement was worse.

Horrid defence too.

Bit harsh on the replacement he missed half the game with injury šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If Weightman isn't bagging goals, then they don't seem to have many small forwards who can hit the scoreboard. They rely heavily on blokes like Bontempelli or even English to kick goals from the midfield.

Last night, the Doggies' small forwards didn't even provide much of a contest. If Naughton or JUH didn't clunk the mark, the Swans just waltzed it out of D50 with ease.

If Weightman isn't bagging goals, then they don't seem to have many small forwards who can hit the scoreboard. They rely heavily on blokes like Bontempelli or even English to kick goals from the midfield.

Last night, the Doggies' small forwards didn't even provide much of a contest. If Naughton or JUH didn't clunk the mark, the Swans just waltzed it out of D50 with ease.

Been an ongoing issue for years. We don't have crumbing forwards. Bevo also pushes our half forwards into the midfield which leaves us outnumbered in our forward line more often than not.

Think the gameplan is pretty stale. We overuse the footy more than any other side and go wide/backwards far too much. Results in shallow entries and a flooded forwardline.

Been an ongoing issue for years. We don't have crumbing forwards. Bevo also pushes our half forwards into the midfield which leaves us outnumbered in our forward line more often than not.

Think the gameplan is pretty stale. We overuse the footy more than any other side and go wide/backwards far too much. Results in shallow entries and a flooded forwardline.
I felt pretty sorry for both Naughton and JUH.

Seemed to spend the whole night having the ball banged on top of their heads while they had 2-3 opponents on them

I thought West's game was excellent last night.
On the flip side I thought JUH had a horror night.

To me it just seemed that Sydney came up with a Plan B to stifle the Bulldogs mid-field and then the Bulldogs didn't have their own Plan B to counter what the swans did.

This. Think about all the times that the dogs have been on top in games and then the other team changes something and Bevo has no plan b. So frustrating as a supporter

Asking neutrals....how big is the gap between nick daicos and errol ?
I think itā€™s fairly large. Errol is a terrific player, but Daicos is something Iā€™ve personally never seen. Comparisons to Judd and Ablett are even weird because neither was doing this in their second season.

Back