Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 17 - Tigers v Swans Thurs July 6th 7:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-Sydney.png

15th v 13th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 17
RICHMOND V SYDNEY
THURSDAY JULY 6TH 7:20PM EST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

TIGERS

B: N.Balta, D.Grimes - C, T.Young
HB: D.Rioli, N.Vlastuin, N.Broad
C: K.McIntosh, T.Taranto, M.Pickett
HF: D.Prestia, L.Baker, J.Graham
F: J.Bauer, J.Riewoldt, D.Martin
FOLL: T.Nankervis, T.Cotchin, S.Bolton

I/C: S.Banks, J.Hopper, B.Miller, M.Rioli
EMG: H.Ralphsmith, J.Ross, J.Clarke, I.Soldo

In: D.Prestia, J.Bauer, D.Martin, S.Banks, M.Rioli
Out: N.Cumberland (Omitted), S.Ryan (Omitted), J.Clarke (Omitted), J.Ross (Omitted), J.Short (Injured), H.Ralphsmith (Sub)

SWANS
B: H.Cunningham, L.Melican, D.Rampe
HB: J.Lloyd, O.Florent, N.Blakey
C: E.Gulden, J.Rowbottom, B.Campbell
HF: H.McLean, L.McDonald, W.Hayward
F: I.Heeney, L.Franklin, T.Papley
FOLL: T.Hickey, L.Parker - C, C.Mills

I/C: T.McCartin, A.Sheldrick, R.Fox, J.McInerney
EMG: S.Wicks, A.Francis, L.McAndrew, Co.Warner

In: L.Franklin, T.McCartin
Out: J.Amartey (Managed), A.Francis (Omitted), R.Clarke (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Swans should be pretty comfortable winners here. Market odds have it flipped the wrong way.

I hope McQualter can drive a response and has the fortitude to make some selection calls. A few premiership players are warranted to see some VFL time ahead of some kids who have been in great recent form in the VFL.

Don't think we'll win, but I'd be comfortable with a much better performance and some team changes.

Swans ,if kicking straight woulda won last week by around 6 goals.
Richmond very disappointing with some big outs.

Debuting two new players in Bauer and Banks.

I am tipping the Tigers but deep in my head,I feel the Swans will win sigh.

They will be cursing the win that got away last week.

A mini final for both clubs.

Whoever loses is pretty much out for the season.

Richmond have the hardest draw of any team after the bye.

Cmon Tigers! Cmon Cmon!

Last edited:
Did you watch the game on Friday?
Swans first half Friday night with some semblance of accuracy gets that game done by minimum 6 goals. This week the calamity could continue and Tigers could produce a standard MCG effort and we get beat by 6 goals. Will tip us to continue our solid last few weeks and Tigers to be solid but hopefully win by 20 points.

Great to see Swans Academy product in Jakob Bauer making his debut for the Tigers. Has been playing good footy for the twos.

Sounds like the game will be played in classic mid winter conditions. A premium for players who are sure footed and clean with their hands.

Goal kicking accuracy will determine the outcome. Unhappily my mob has several players with chronic cases of the yips.

I tend to err on Richmond's shellacking at the hands of the Lions being a post bye aberration. Still Short is a massive loss and I dont understand how Richmond are $1.66 favourites considering the swans are hitting some good form. Genuine 50:50.

Great to see Swans Academy product in Jakob Bauer making his debut for the Tigers. Has been playing good footy for the twos.

Sounds like the game will be played in classic mid winter conditions. A premium for players who are sure footed and clean with their hands.

Goal kicking accuracy will determine the outcome. Unhappily my mob has several players with chronic cases of the yips.
We need him forward, kicked 3 goals in the last quarter including the match winner last week in the ressies.

As long as we don't play him back.... Which he's been going between back and forward in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Bauer, was a lovely call with his mum on the Richmond website. She’s obviously a swans fan and jokingly asked her son “I guess I can’t wear my swanny’s scarf at the game now?”

haha no mum, you are now a tiger!

Not sure how Tigers are suddenly favs because Dusty is back LOL

Swans love the G and will have some good numbers in the crowd

Huge game fot them

Back