Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Swans v Dogs Thurs July 13th 7:20pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Dogs by 7 -20

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This. Think about all the times that the dogs have been on top in games and then the other team changes something and Bevo has no plan b. So frustrating as a supporter
If it’s any consolation, that’s often been a complaint about us. Often said Horse doesn’t have a Plan B.

The umpiring on both sides was absolutely shocking, feels like the only way you get can get holding the ball paid is when the oppo player drags it in underneath you. Dropping the ball in all its forms is absolutely dead.

Well dropping the ball was never a stated free kick - incorrect disposal, but yes I agree Libbaaa. Your bloke is a very good player IMHO.
Its more the Rugby Union place the ball down for another player to come through and get it that frustrates me. Similarly Naughton's tackle on Rampe in the 3rd where Rampe had prior, Naughton tackles him and the ball spills up into the air yet the umpire calls play on. Rampe ended up tapping the ball on (and we kicked a goal 5 seconds later) but that is holding the ball.

Well dropping the ball was never a stated free kick - incorrect disposal, but yes I agree Libbaaa. Your bloke is a very good player IMHO.
Actually it was in the 60s and 70s.

In fact, it was the way a good tackle was rewarded.

Nowadays you have to smash the ball carrier into the ground.

The game has changed significantly because they got rid of ‘dropping the ball’.

It used to be simple- ball carrier had two choices when tackled - kick or handball. If you held onto the ball it was holding the ball, if you tried yo kick and missed, it was dropping the ball.

They’ve over complicated a very simple concept.

You made a grand final last year on the back of an umpiring mistake (Papley on Moore missed free kick resulting in last goal in a 1pt win).

Yep…and we’ve never ever ever had a bad run with the umps.

I suppose you think 8-22 is a reasonable free kick count, with 4 of the 8 frees for OOTF? That was the 2016 GF.

Look fwd to your team being rogered from behind by umpires at your next GF.

Then I’ll be a sanctimonious campaigner and tell you what an easy time you had getting there.

Last edited:
Heeney's really had a poor season by his standards.
$1 million per year, you would have expected at least another 35+ goals and some kind of dominance but he's so far off it.
Groin injury most of the year…poor pre-season - it shows, a bit like DangerWank last year.

Yeh nah, Dangerfield was performing to his annual salary at 27-28 years of age.

Heeney's just . . . . well, average at best.

Of course he is.

A bit like your IQ… 🙄😆😆

Last edited:
Gulden didn't contest a ball in the second half without being held. Papley kicked a goal after running 20m with his jumper being held, Amartey was tackled without the ball over the goal line. Yes the swans got away with holding. * me dead.

Buddy is still holding that doggies defenders jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh nah, Dangerfield was performing to his annual salary at 27-28 years of age.

Heeney's just . . . . well, average at best.

Been one of the most disappointing players in the league this year

Just imagine if Heeney showed up in only a couple of games, you may very well have pinched wins against the Saints & Cats and could be sitting in the eight.
Always next year to look forward to.

Dangerfield thinks the surf is his ally, but he has merely adopted the surf. Heeney was born into it, molded by it. He didn't see land until he was already a man.

And another thing……

Horses revelation on Papley’s ribs…. ery much explains the lack of fitness, durability and consistency - those in the media who’ve been chopping him…..LISTENING David King!

Yep…and we’ve never ever ever had a bad run with the umps.

I suppose you think 8-22 is a reasonable free kick count, with 4 of the 8 frees for OOTF? That was the 2016 GF.

Look fwd to your team being rogered from behind by umpires at your next GF.

Then I’ll be a sanctimonious campaigner and tell you what an easy time you had getting there.
OOTF isn't counted in the frees for column.

And another thing……

Horses revelation on Papley’s ribs…. ery much explains the lack of fitness, durability and consistency - those in the media who’ve been chopping him…..LISTENING David King!

Great coaching then to play a guy who isn't fit

OOTF isn't counted in the frees for column.
OK…fair enough 22/8.

Don’t misread this…not digging up old scars…..but when some deadshit points at the Swans as Umpires friends…..farkin GOOSE.

Great coaching then to play a guy who isn't fit
Well…I’ve never done it…but I understand it’s ‘possible’.

Explains the lack of outlput - he’s only just getting fit! 😆

OK…fair enough 22/8.

Don’t misread this…not digging up old scars…..but when some deadshit points at the Swans as Umpires friends…..farkin GOOSE.
Might want to check those numbers again, also.

Might want to check those numbers again, also.
My apologies - from the FoxFooty web site.

”Overall, the Western Bulldogs received 20 free kicks to the Swans’ eight. The differential of 12 was the biggest in a Grand Final since the three-umpire system was introduced in 1994.”

No tall defenders. Gardner battles but he's not a no 1 KPD.

Pretty sure English rucked that whole second half without a chop-out (Darcy injury). Amazing effort.
paper thin defense costing us another game. The loss of Jones has been a huge blow. JOD was playing well and covering some gaps down back until concussed and then we lost Darcy almost straight away, hes someone who can play back

Timmeeee is amazing.

Back