Preview Sydney v Essendon Marvel Sat Night 7:25, July 29, 2023, Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere , 37.8166° S, 144.9475° E

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the preview thread for last year's game against Essendon I had this to say:

Horse then dropped Clarke and from memory brought in Campbell, who wasn't really ready at the time (and who was subsequently dropped for Clarke the following week in the closest thing Horse will ever get to a "my bad guys".)

Hind went on to be arguably BOG. If it wasn't him, it was Merrett, who was being followed around by Rowbottom all day, to great effect. Merrett kicked a career-high three goals and got three Brownlow votes as our midfield got smashed.

Surely Horse will have learned on both fronts this time around. Clarke or Wicks to Hind. Mills or Parker to Merrett.
Hind is a serious contender for the Alex Sexton Award: spuds who have career best games every time they play us.

Clarke to tag him from the sub bench?

no
I'm not Victorian but it's a potato cake always has been , it's potato processed into a cake shape :)
it hasn't. Only in Melbourne. Outside of Melbourne it is called a Potato Fritter, Potato Scallop, Battered Potato there are more but I can't remember it all

I was hoping they wouldn't pick Hind.

He's the type that causes us problems.
Hind and Stringer always destroy us. At least one is out this time. But Hinds fleet of foot is dangerous. Need Wicks to shut that s**t down and get into his head.

Also surely Stephens gets the subs vest this time. He needs to play out the year to see if there is still something there or to increase his trade value if we’re done with him.

Let’s be honest. NSW and QLD people are exactly the same just less bogan sounding.
You could not be more wrong. To understand the evolution of each state you need to look at history. The reason people from Sydney sort of look down on the rest of us, even those from NSW, is because they consider themselves to have been here first. First settlers.

But of course there were people here 79,000 years before their ancestors invaded lol.

But Queenslanders. Wow are they a different breed. To understand Queensland you really have to understand that it is not a one big city and lots of small country towns. They have major regional centres. So, they are far more rural. does that mean they are more wayback. Well, Yep. News moves as slowly as the cattle on the Darling Downs. The ones up north have all gone Troppo and the ones down South are born with a board rope attached, which as soon as they are old enough is in turn attached to a board. They spend so much time in water it goes to their collective brain. Qld has one media, Murdoch. The highest rating program is Gogglebox. One farmer I know watched to Billboard on the side of the highway for a week because he was sure that every day he came out it was in a different spot. He sat all night with a shotgun in his lap trying to catch it moving. Queenslanders are still so worried about Daylight Saving fading the curtains and turning the milk sour they refuse to do it. They did try it in Sunshine Coast, Brisbane & Gold Coast but for the reason number one they discontinued it.

Great preview Kingy, one of the most entertaining ever! I mean who needs football facts and figures when we can discuss Apple TV and curried sausages?
BUT potato cakes WTF??? That's up there with those idiot Americans calling bread rolls biscuits!
or buns

no

it hasn't. Only in Melbourne. Outside of Melbourne it is called a Potato Fritter, Potato Scallop, Battered Potato there are more but I can't remember it all

Potato cake!
I can understand potato fritter as that makes sense , but scallop?? What the hell ?
How is there any resemblance to a scallop whatsoever??
I’ve lived in Qld for 20 years but will never accept that stupid name for this fish & chip shop delight!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potato cake!
I can understand potato fritter as that makes sense , but scallop?? What the hell ?
How is there any resemblance to a scallop whatsoever??
I’ve lived in Qld for 20 years but will never accept that stupid name for this fish & chip shop delight!!
Even when I lived in NSW I called them Potato Cakes. This argument is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back