Preview Sydney v Essendon Marvel Sat Night 7:25, July 29, 2023, Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere , 37.8166° S, 144.9475° E

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wright will be the biggest threat.
Fine mark when he gets an unimpeded run at the ball, but put body on him and block his run and his effectiveness drops significantly.
The other danger is when he gets up the ground and gets into space, because he can comfortably kick goals from 50 metres.

Sacrilege I know but I would have left Fox out and brought Francis in as that interceptor/blocker.
It would also mean not having to rely so much on Blakey in that role, who to a fair extent was taken out of the game by Freo last week.

Wicks to Hind would make sense.
Last time v Sydney, Hind had 682 metres gained (next best for them was Merrett 418). Picked up 8 coaches votes.
Neither Clarke (sub - not used) nor Wicks were in the team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, not at all ... if it's legitimate ... and i'm never gonna know
it's just hard to reconcile anything to do with barbie as being on side with feminism

I suppose that's the point isn't it? Rebranding the image for positive change rather than the old superficial issues associated with the doll.

That, I believe, is the big question that it quite knowingly raises.

Anyway, back to Saturday's game.

Err......

i barely venture out much these days ... and i don't watch many new movies
i'm quite grinch-like, but reclusive with it
but if there's a general recommendation ... and it comes on one of those streaming things, so i can watch from home ... bent ... then who knows ...

That, I believe, is the big question that it quite knowingly raises.

Anyway, back to Saturday's game.

Err......

if collingwood meet geelong in the grand final, i could pencil it in for that day, about 3pm-ish
although that seems far-fetched, seeing as only one of those teams can make it ... to play us

Fine mark when he gets an unimpeded run at the ball, but put body on him and block his run and his effectiveness drops significantly.
The other danger is when he gets up the ground and gets into space, because he can comfortably kick goals from 50 metres.

Sacrilege I know but I would have left Fox out and brought Francis in as that interceptor/blocker.
It would also mean not having to rely so much on Blakey in that role, who to a fair extent was taken out of the game by Freo last week.

Wicks to Hind would make sense.
Last time v Sydney, Hind had 682 metres gained (next best for them was Merrett 418). Picked up 8 coaches votes.
Neither Clarke (sub - not used) nor Wicks were in the team.
In the preview thread for last year's game against Essendon I had this to say:

Clarke to get a job on Hind. This annoying bloke is the kind who will tear us a new one despite being a meh player. He was damaging for the Bombers a few weeks back in their best game of the year and Clarke showed what he can do limiting Sinclair's impact.

Horse then dropped Clarke and from memory brought in Campbell, who wasn't really ready at the time (and who was subsequently dropped for Clarke the following week in the closest thing Horse will ever get to a "my bad guys".)

Hind went on to be arguably BOG. If it wasn't him, it was Merrett, who was being followed around by Rowbottom all day, to great effect. Merrett kicked a career-high three goals and got three Brownlow votes as our midfield got smashed.

Surely Horse will have learned on both fronts this time around. Clarke or Wicks to Hind. Mills or Parker to Merrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back