Preview Sydney v Essendon Marvel Sat Night 7:25, July 29, 2023, Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere , 37.8166° S, 144.9475° E

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is a joke . Why not just leave it at the TOC and then do the 1st decade followed by the 09 to 19 years .
SOME HAVE NFI

It's just a beer sponsor thing I guess

Just ignore it

Can't believe so called fans don't know some history !
Get over yourself Bedford, I may live and breath the Swans these days, but at some stage I actually had a life and as someone has already written, I never needed to pass a test to join up.
My God I don't even recognize half the names of the useless players we've drafted on whatever thread it is and I've been a member for 20 years.

Get over yourself Bedford, I may live and breath the Swans these days, but at some stage I actually had a life and as someone has already written, I never needed to pass a test to join up.
My God I don't even recognize half the names of the useless players we've drafted on whatever thread it is and I've been a member for 20 years.
Well said Jewels. There's little point getting frustrated over the choices of other fans. It's not like they picked Brandon Jack over Micky O in the forward pocket. They're all great Swans players so there's no real losers, and you also can't change how other fans feel. For example I will die on the hill that Heath Grundy was the best Swans defender I've ever seen in my lifetime, but I'm also acutely aware that there are players like Barry, Richards and Rampe (they sound like a songwriting team from the 1960s) who have long been fan favourites because they were/are also great. So there's just no point dwelling on it. It's supposed to be a fun thing to show how many great players the club has had over its history.

Do you know what doesn't have a gatekeeper?

Toasties.

There's no wrong way to make a toastie.
Had one yesterday. Butter on the outside, ham, cheese and wholegrain mustard in the middle. Crispy on the outside, gooey excellence in the middle.

I'm thinking of making one now for lunch with all this talk.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By Saturday it'll be 6,746 days since Essendon won a final.

By Sunday, you can safely add at least another 13 months to that figure.

I'm personally going to celebrate 6969 days since they won a final.

When they get to 10,000 days Essendon fans get to run onto Marvel stadium Buddy-style to "celebrate".

Never thought I’d say it but I feel a small amount of sympathy for Donnie fans. They had to put up with Sheedy for decades as a coach and while he got four Premierships he burnt through some fantastic lists. Since then the fans have had to put up with a heap more back stabbing than any other Club as well as the dab and jab era.

I must say I never enjoyed trekking out to Windy Hill in the 60s-80s and I truly despised them. BUT now I feel sorry for the fans but not the Club. By the same token I still despise Norf, Stains and CarlCrims and their respective fans.

When they get to 10,000 days Essendon fans get to run onto Marvel stadium Buddy-style to "celebrate".
With their luck the next finals win will be in Tassie against the SalmonFarmers* in their 3rd finals campaign, so probably not many fans there to celebrate either.

* AppleDevils, MountainHikers, TigerQuolls are other potentials.

Never thought I’d say it but I feel a small amount of sympathy for Donnie fans. They had to put up with Sheedy for decades as a coach and while he got four Premierships he burnt through some fantastic lists. Since then the fans have had to put up with a heap more back stabbing than any other Club as well as the dab and jab era.

I must say I never enjoyed trekking out to Windy Hill in the 60s-80s and I truly despised them. BUT now I feel sorry for the fans but not the Club. By the same token I still despise Norf, Stains and CarlCrims and their respective fans.
Yeah agree. I've got a son in law who's a bombers fan, wouldn't meet a nicer bloke, and his pain at their ongoing situation is palpable.

I'm a child.

To be fair though. I actually hope I never stop giggling at 69, 420 and those little penis drawings you see every where.

The alternative is depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back