Unofficial Preview Sydney v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the coveted Sunday 3 20 slot

A game on the G, interesting test for us, Melbourne are certainly very impressive at their best and attacking,

Worried about their speed on the wide open spaces, but can also see them cracking under the pressure

Jus kick to to bud

Hogan and Macdonald are excellent forwards who will take some stopping. I have a theory that if you get on top of Hogan early, you can go some way to stamping him out of the game. He seems a little fragile to me, like if he isn't having a big influence on the game he'll get down on himself and become passive.

Very slim imo

Will need to kick 15+ goals to win

There speed and midfield will be an issue for us and they are pretty sound playing group across the park atm

5+

15 goals? * how many will bud need 11?

Need to win this or beat the giants imo

Given GWS injuries today that may be the more winnable one. Melbourne can be flighty so it is no formality they win, although we will be massive underdogs. We will need to rove Gawn very well.....will be similar to last night hit outs and if we can break even w clearances we will have a chance. Pressure is all on Melbourne to secure their first finals birth for some time......may be to our advantage...but geez....3.20 Sunday..awful time slot for me I am involved in junior footy and that means I can’t get to the G .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just dont have the forwards to kick the goals. Buddy carried us last night but against a better defensive unit you would think he will struggle to have 10 scoring shots.

Sinclair tries hard but Grundy would be close to best on ground last night. Gawn will have a field day.

Good thing is the Swans will always have a crack and if the Dees are off their game and we can keep this to a 10 goal game we are a chance.

Just look at the scores kicked across the weekend we kicked the lowest score to win a game everyone else kicked over 100 or got close to it.

So we will need to contain Melbourne to around 10-11 goals to have a chance if they kick 15+ its goodbye.

Im really worried in the midfield and what Gawn will do to us :sick:

Just look at the scores kicked across the weekend we kicked the lowest score to win a game everyone else kicked over 100 or got close to it.

So we will need to contain Melbourne to around 10-11 goals to have a chance if they kick 15+ its goodbye.

Im really worried in the midfield and what Gawn will do to us :sick:

70, need to keep them to 70

Sydney 2 flags this century.
Melbourne 0

Yeah so we are better?

Based on nothing at all I’m tipping that Saturday is a turning point and Melbourne are soft, Sydney will win

- Quick ball movement, attack the corridor, avoid kicking down the wings we don’t want throw ins for obvious reasons.

- Rampe to take the kick ins, ball in his hands and McVeighs coming out of defence.

- Clear out the 50, Buddy one out, exploit Melbourne’s defence their weakest area and lack of quality tall defenders.

We play that defensive crap football like the second quarter against Collingwood it’s gonna be a bad loss. I recon if we play to those strengths above we’re a real chance. Even if we lose doing it atleast we had a crack and it would have been a more enjoyable game to watch rather than playing defensive and losing by 7 goals anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back