Unofficial Preview Sydney v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy was a pretty good warm up.

We worked through his rampage. We'll just have to do the sane for Gawn.

Gawn will get 60 hitouts. We just need to shark it. It's the midfield group's mission, not just Sinclair's.

Melbourne will turn up looking to run us off our feet. We're ripe for the picking, very low scoring since the bye. If they can hurt us with quick, smart ball use into their f50 it'll be impossible for us to stop them getting at least 20 shots on goal. I don't see us getting that many considering for 3qtrs last night we couldn't get the ball out of our back end.

Melbourne will turn up looking to run us off our feet. We're ripe for the picking, very low scoring since the bye. If they can hurt us with quick, smart ball use into their f50 it'll be impossible for us to stop them getting at least 20 shots on goal. I don't see us getting that many considering for 3qtrs last night we couldn't get the ball out of our back end.
Umm, Collingwood had 21...who won?

This is all fair but I wouldn't say Melbourne are overly quick themselves. And they've not scored that heavily against top 8 sides this year, their big scoring games have come against the other ten sides. If we're on our game defensively all over the ground, we can and, I'd argue, should win this.

That’s ok, I’d be happy for that to occur if the other 21 won their roles. One ruckman is not gonna win this game if he’s got no help!

I dunno I think he’s single handedly beaten teams on a few occasions this year. He’s one of the best tap ruckman I’ve ever seen so we won’t break even there. But where we can maybe nullify him is around the ground. Gawn’s been playing that intercept role in defence since Lever went down. Maybe if we play like we did last time on the MCG where we had the ball coming in pretty fast, that might make it harder for Gawn to kill us around the ground.

I dunno I think he’s single handedly beaten teams on a few occasions this year. He’s one of the best tap ruckman I’ve ever seen so we won’t break even there. But where we can maybe nullify him is around the ground. Gawn’s been playing that intercept role in defence since Lever went down. Maybe if we play like we did last time on the MCG where we had the ball coming in pretty fast, that might make it harder for Gawn to kill us around the ground.
He has never single handedly beaten a team, nobody has!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see Dawson being dropped. They’ve been waiting impatiently to bring him in.

If there are changes I’d imagine it will be Hannebery for Robinson.

I am doubtful Rohan come straight back given he was dropped to the NEAFL when he injured his hand, but if he does I suspect it will be for a Ronke if injured or perhaps Hayward as he looks like he needs a rest to me.

Personally I wouldn’t make anymore than the first change. Feel a 75% Hannebery would offer more than a 100% Robinson.

So Hanners/Gaz for Robonson, Dawson I guess.
I seriously hope Dawson isn't in the outs this week. Thought he played very well for a 3rd gamer against the Pies and gives us something a bit different with his size and long left boot.

Robinson & Newman out I could handle.

It's the MCG so if we can score 55 points I'll consider that a moral victory.

Melbourne by plenty.

I don't think longmire will let the team let their defensive responsibilities slide to the point where we go all out in attack for 9 goals for the game.

Scraped home against the Pies seconds with no key defender and Buddy kicking nearly 60% of our score.

Hmmmm.

I do think our recent form leaves a bit to be desired.

Personally, I am packing lube for this game. But enough about my Sunday nights.....

Scraped home against the Pies seconds with no key defender and Buddy kicking nearly 60% of our score.

Hmmmm.

I do think our recent form leaves a bit to be desired.

Personally, I am packing lube for this game. But enough about my Sunday nights.....

I'll see you at ARQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back