taking the next step

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alot seem content with the year. I am not.

Obviously the finals wins were great, but you have to keep in mind we gave the bombers a 6 goal start and nearly gave up the same against the cats in the final 10 mins of the game.

the fixture afforded to us required a better finish than the resulting 6thplaced finish(my opinion).

I have suggested trading out thomas, relaxing boomers game time by move of sub every 1-2 weeks (maybe even rested every 3-4 weeks), and trialling black down in key position defense.

Now I hear ppl shooting down talks of harry o (whom I think would suit us down to a tee) whilst talking up bringing in liam jones (wtf).

question to everyone, what needs to happen (players in/out, gamestyle, player transitioning) for us to move from pretenders to contenders?

Obviously the finals wins were great, but you have to keep in mind we gave the bombers a 6 goal start and nearly gave up the same against the cats in the final 10 mins of the game.

the fixture afforded to us required a better finish than the resulting 6thplaced finish(my opinion).

I have suggested trading out thomas, relaxing boomers game time by move of sub every 1-2 weeks (maybe even rested every 3-4 weeks), and trialling black down in key position defense.

Now I hear ppl shooting down talks of harry o (whom I think would suit us down to a tee) whilst talking up bringing in liam jones (wtf).

question to everyone, what needs to happen (players in/out, gamestyle, player transitioning) for us to move from pretenders to contenders?

Trading out Thomas - Dumb. Has kicked 100 odd goals in his last 2 seasons and is hitting his prime at just 27 years of age. Would quite possibly be the stupidest trade in NMFC history if it went ahead.

Boomer is fitter than anyone on the list, cops the tag weekly and still performs at an elite level. Should we bench Cunnington for 2.5 quarters as well because his tank isnt quite there? Boomer started his career as a small forward and will end it there as well. Opposition coaches would love Boomer on the pine for most of the game!

Aaron Black has no where near the size to play KPD. He is slightly bigger than Nat Fyfe ffs! Just needs to recapture form/get over injury and will be a troubling forward.

Harry O looks like he is fast, but runs on the spot with high knees before kicking it long to a 3 on 1. Is a complete * stick as well that will bring individuality into a what looks like to be a united locker room. Why doesnt the 11th placed Collingwood Football Club want this bell end again? Thats right, because he is a bell end.

Trading out Thomas - Dumb. Has kicked 100 odd goals in his last 2 seasons and is hitting his prime at just 27 years of age. Would quite possibly be the stupidest trade in NMFC history if it went ahead.

Boomer is fitter than anyone on the list, cops the tag weekly and still performs at an elite level. Should we bench Cunnington for 2.5 quarters as well because his tank isnt quite there? Boomer started his career as a small forward and will end it there as well. Opposition coaches would love Boomer on the pine for most of the game!

Aaron Black has no where near the size to play KPD. He is slightly bigger than Nat Fyfe ffs! Just needs to recapture form/get over injury and will be a troubling forward.

Harry O looks like he is fast, but runs on the spot with high knees before kicking it long to a 3 on 1. Is a complete **** stick as well that will bring individuality into a what looks like to be a united locker room. Why doesnt the 11th placed Collingwood Football Club want this bell end again? Thats right, because he is a bell end.
Appreciate your review champ but clearly you missed the question I posed.
P.s if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. #thinkaboutit

Not sure I agree with any of this. I, for one, didn't expect anything more than a 6th placed finish and a finals win at the start of the season so by definition I'm more than content with our season this year.
All the list management decisons you suggested would make us a significantly worse side. I know you posted it on the main trade board but i still can't believe any North fan apart from That's Wright would consider trading out our top goalkicker from last year and our second goalkicker from this year? Really? Boomers was our best player this year so for us to be a better team next year and not worse logic dictates that our best player must play doesn't it and not be sub every few weeks?
The idea that Black can play down back is ridiculous. Athletically, he's perfectly suited for that third tall role, he's quick, agile and generally pretty smart in his leading patterns. Not big enough pr good enough one-on-one to play down back, particularly on the big forwards.
As for Lumumba vs Jones, you really think we need a half-back flanker that is a disgusting kick of the football, not to mention an insufferable narcissist? Lumumba quite literally offers us nothing. If you want another HBF so Atley or LMac can play midfield well then Mullett comes in who's younger and a much better kick. Not too mention that McMillan didnt play a majority of the year Sam Wright finally started playing good footy off a HBF. Jones would add significantly more than Lumumba. He's only 23, the same age as Cunners and Basti and younger than Ziebell, he's a tall forward and they're usually harder to find than half-back flankers not to mention that he has got significant improvement left in him.

As for improving next year I think natural improvement will be where much of it comes from as well as guys who had injury plagued years this year playing full years of football. Obviously we need a bit of quality, but Lumumba is certainly not the answer. Going after Higgins is interesting, before his foot injuries he was regarded as one of the better young players in the game. Obviously he's not young anymore but 26 isn't exactly old and he has shown a fair amount of ability in the past.

Appreciate your review champ but clearly you missed the question I posed.
P.s if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. #thinkaboutit
I didnt miss anything, i just dismissed what you wrote because its rubbish.

We are actively seeking trades/free agents, we will utilise the draft(unless we trade the picks) etc Upgrade some rookies, give players like Froggy and Mason Wood more of a run. We dont need to do drastic things to improve, especially moves that could back fire big time.

Not sure I agree with any of this. I, for one, didn't expect anything more than a 6th placed finish and a finals win at the start of the season so by definition I'm more than content with our season this year.
All the list management decisons you suggested would make us a significantly worse side. I know you posted it on the main trade board but i still can't believe any North fan apart from That's Wright would consider trading out our top goalkicker from last year and our second goalkicker from this year? Really? Boomers was our best player this year so for us to be a better team next year and not worse logic dictates that our best player must play doesn't it and not be sub every few weeks?
The idea that Black can play down back is ridiculous. Athletically, he's perfectly suited for that third tall role, he's quick, agile and generally pretty smart in his leading patterns. Not big enough pr good enough one-on-one to play down back, particularly on the big forwards.
As for Lumumba vs Jones, you really think we need a half-back flanker that is a disgusting kick of the football, not to mention an insufferable narcissist? Lumumba quite literally offers us nothing. If you want another HBF so Atley or LMac can play midfield well then Mullett comes in who's younger and a much better kick. Not too mention that McMillan didnt play a majority of the year Sam Wright finally started playing good footy off a HBF. Jones would add significantly more than Lumumba. He's only 23, the same age as Cunners and Basti and younger than Ziebell, he's a tall forward and they're usually harder to find than half-back flankers not to mention that he has got significant improvement left in him.

As for improving next year I think natural improvement will be where much of it comes from as well as guys who had injury plagued years this year playing full years of football. Obviously we need a bit of quality, but Lumumba is certainly not the answer. Going after Higgins is interesting, before his foot injuries he was regarded as one of the better young players in the game. Obviously he's not young anymore but 26 isn't exactly old and he has shown a fair amount of ability in the past.
Liam jones Is older than both ziebell and cunnington

I didnt miss anything, i just dismissed what you wrote because its rubbish.

We are actively seeking trades/free agents, we will utilise the draft(unless we trade the picks) etc Upgrade some rookies, give players like Froggy and Mason Wood more of a run. We dont need to do drastic things to improve, especially moves that could back fire big time.
We lost by 70+ points to swans.
Ill ask again, what changes next year that changes this result! Wood and froggy? Good one barass

Liam jones Is older than both ziebell and cunnington
Liam Jones DOB: 24 February 1991
Ben Cunnington DOB: June 30 1991
Jack Ziebell DOB: February 28 1991

So technically he's a couple of days younger than Jack and a couple of months younger than Cunners but effectively the same age. I was wrong in saying he's younger than Ziebell but that's only because I thought Ziebell was a bit older than that.

Liam Jones DOB: 24 February 1991
Ben Cunnington DOB: June 30 1991
Jack Ziebell DOB: February 28 1991

So technically he's a couple of days younger than Jack and a couple of months younger than Cunners but effectively the same age. I was wrong in saying he's younger than Ziebell but that's only because I thought Ziebell was a bit older than that.
Does a come before b?

Would still offer a ridiculous amount more than Lumumba though.

Ill ask again, what changes next year that changes this result! Wood and froggy? Good one barass

I reckon trading Thomas is a good start and once he's gone we can look into moving on Goldy, Cunnington and Ziebell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon trading Thomas is a good start and once he's gone we can look into moving on Goldy, Cunnington and Ziebell.
We could probably package Cunners, Thomas Goldy and LMac and maybe get Lumumba and Robinson. May as well get Jake King out of retirement while we're at it. We'd be much better than 4th next year if that was the case.

lol

We might snag Waite, that should be at least 30-40 goals if he can stay on the park. Is also a great contested mark, can swing back if needed as well. I wouldnt mind making a trade for Jaksch for a KPD, or if Lachie Weller falls to us, snag him in the draft. Another preseason into all of our young blokes- Cunners, JZ, Black, Brown, Turner, Tippett etc etc should make us better. Better injury management, more experience running our game plan etc etc Froggy will be a gun and i reckon Wood is a good chance as well. They will push out blokes like Adams, Basti, Jacobs etc

We dont need to go silly on the list to get better. If we make top 4 next year and have a serious tilt in '16/'17 id say we are doing things the right way.

If you said, go out and get Malceski instead of Harry Headcase id be all over it.

Cool story bra, tell me the games I have missed that thomas has won off his own boot that makes him untouchable? Vs Carlton 2010.....

So that's the criteria,if you win games off your own boot you can stay and if you don't it's off you go.

Which players that win games of their own boot are we bringing in?

If you said, go out and get Malceski instead of Harry Headcase id be all over it.

Then we should go and make it happen... im advocating being ruthless.. * handing team record scores and record winning margins in finals and allowing contending teams to pick at our list to top up, whilst giving us nothing in * all in return. Or watching port run hawthorn to less then a kick whilst others sfellowing at our game and talking up the ferocious swans, then hearing scott he just wanted to let us play the fibal bc going defensive wouldnt have achieved anything. It makes me sick and hopes it makes everyone else involved at north melbourne just as sick!

Then we should go and make it happen... im advocating being ruthless.. **** handing team record scores and record winning margins in finals and allowing contending teams to pick at our list to top up, whilst giving us nothing in **** all in return. Or watching port run hawthorn to less then a kick whilst others sfellowing at our game and talking up the ferocious swans, then hearing scott he just wanted to let us play the fibal bc going defensive wouldnt have achieved anything. It makes me sick and hopes it makes everyone else involved at north melbourne just as sick!

Im all for improving but not being so ruthless that we trade a 50 goal a season forward. The only way that happens is if LT shags Mrs Scott.

Sydney are much more experienced, have a ton of finals experience compared to us as well. We just need to improve each season and keep getting games into future guns like Cunners, JZ, Brown, Black, Wood, Turner etc

Just thinking about this further and I'm not sure how Thomas stays.

Only 100 odd goals in the last 2 years, if he was any good this should be a yearly tally.
Only kicked multiple goals 26 times in last two years.
Played injured in the finals and didn't win any games off his own boot
Shows no passion towards the club.
Not really well liked by his teammates.
Opposition clubs pay him no attention as he's easily taken out of games.
We have players like Adams and Nahas that can step in and do the same job.

Get rid of

Scott has already come out and said we will be aggressive with trades and free agency . They are the experts. Leave it up to them. All we can do is trust them and hope for the best. Things can change very quickly. Look at Port. A complete basket case two years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back