Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they charge him with something that doesn't exist?

Can the tribunal suspend come up with a 'new' charge?

Or are they asking the tribunal to see if this incident breaches any rule?

Without jurisdiction they are just opening themselves up to external legal challenge.

Go to court, get injunction, declare finding null and void, assert tribunal lacks competence to rule with a charge to assess

Calling it making it up as you go along is an insult to those making it up as you go along

Leigh Montagna: "Three ex-players (the tribunal) will make a decision that potentially changes the fabric of the game, which I think is wrong."

He doesn't think it warrants a suspension

David King does. Thinks more needs to be done to stamp out head injuries, concussion

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here or not but I think Mackay absolutely elected to bump and intended to hurt Clark. Not break his jaw, but hurt him. I think it would be completely appropriate if he got weeks.

However, to do it in this manner without even laying a charge is just amateur hour.

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here or not but I think Mackay absolutely elected to bump and intended to hurt Clark. Not break his jaw, but hurt him. I think it would be completely appropriate if he got weeks.

However, to do it in this manner without even laying a charge is just amateur hour.
IMO he was going after the ball had his arms out trying to gather the ball and it was really at the last split second when he turned his body to protect himself. At no point was he electing to bump for mine.

So how does the tribunal work with no charge? If they getthree ex players who think there is nothing in this, is it nice to meet you David lets head down the pub for a few not sure what we are doing here. Just a bonkers decision not to lay a charge.

Leigh Montagna: "Three ex-players (the tribunal) will make a decision that potentially changes the fabric of the game, which I think is wrong."

He doesn't think it warrants a suspension

David King does. Thinks more needs to be done to stamp out head injuries, concussion
David King also suggested Mackay should have not gone for the ball in the first place.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many voices does Michael Christian have echoing in his head? s**t job. Should not have taken it. Should just be the AFL citing players and then their QC arguing.

no i agree. he went the bump and was clumsy with it, and got clark flush on the jaw

David King said 3-4 matches.

I think 9 matches seems fair .
David King seems to have vastly different interpretations depending on whether you are Victorian or not.

Whenever its a non-Victorian it is time to "send a message".

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO he was going after the ball had his arms out trying to gather the ball and it was really at the last split second when he turned his body to protect himself. At no point was he electing to bump for mine.

So how does the tribunal work with no charge? If they getthree ex players who think there is nothing in this, is it nice to meet you David lets head down the pub for a few not sure what we are doing here. Just a bonkers decision not to lay a charge.
Exactly how I saw it. Hands down to collect the ball turned at the last minute to brace contact. If he intended to bump like others have suggested, then why were his hands down? If it were a legitimate bump surely the MRO could have graded it. Its just a 50/50 contest and unfortunately one player got injured.

I think you're in the minority.

Mackay hasn't chosen to brace for a bump. He still has his arms out for the ball.

Choosing to bump should be one ruling. Two players both going for the ball should be another.

Exactly how I saw it. Hands down to collect the ball turned at the last minute to brace contact. If he intended to bump like others have suggested, then why were his hands down? If it were a legitimate bump surely the MRO could have graded it. Its just a 50/50 contest and unfortunately one player got injured.
If we are going to start reporting people for the outcomes of 50/50 collisions, then we need to report both parties.

Yeah I'm the same. This one reminded me of the Cotchin one. Looking to hurt the player by going 'through' the ball to clean them up
The cotchin one was an absolute joke and is probably why the morons running this league currently find themselves in the pickle they are in right now.

from 2m out Cotchin has his right arm tucked in and it is clear that he was going for the bump..

9B55E3CF-51E6-4513-9B92-C00D3CD30618.jpeg 351916BD-062A-4DB1-8BA5-75CBD71A6798.jpeg
Cotchin, with arm tucked in, had clearly taken the “bump first, ball later” option and it resulted in Sheil being knocked out of the game.

But they ignored it.. and let him off. They laughably tried to claim he was going for the ball only..

now everything since has been them desperately trying to re-adjust back to a position whereby they are seen as being tough on incidents that result in head injuries..

the crows should take the cotchin vision to the tribunal and ask for a please explain because Mackay has his hands out and is going for the ball first and thus his actions and intentions are
far more innocent than Cotchins.

this current farcical situation is solely due to the league being run by complete and utter buffoons. Sucked in to the *in dicks for creating this flea riddled bed they now lie in.

You dont bump with both arms and hands out though do you.. when you go the bump you tuck your arm in to protect yourself and lead with your shoulder.

I understand how the tribunal looks at consequences first and actions second

I have argued why players will get time off based on the consequences - but there were always mitigating circumstances ie bad tackle - or the above Cotchin example.

Mackay is going for the ball without any intent to bump - it was a time and space collision that has left one player missing the rest of the season and 1 player having a new reputation as a hard man

It would be disappointing to see Mackay get games but I can certainly see that he would miss at least 1

...so stand back and let the opposition get the ball. 🤔

Well the issue is you can't go in hard if a player looks like winning the ball because you may bump each other and you'll get suspended. But then with the way holding the ball can be interpreted players won't want to pick up the ball and get tackled straight away so we may soon see a situation where the ball gets bounced to start a game and all players stand around looking at each other.

Well the issue is you can't go in hard if a player looks like winning the ball because you may bump each other and you'll get suspended. But then with the way holding the ball can be interpreted players won't want to pick up the ball and get tackled straight away so we may soon see a situation where the ball gets bounced to start a game and all players stand around looking at each other.
#AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back