Tambling is a dud

Remove this Banner Ad

He was no way near our worst today or in general. I thought he was okay again today, is improving.

Sorry Sante, but he was garbage today.

I think his biggest problem is confidence, he needs to toughen up and stop being a princess, ducking his head looking up for a free kicks when he gets tackled, still gets pushed off the ball too easily. He just needs to take one in the head and keep on playing, that would increase his respect.

When he backs himself and tries to kick the ball 40+ meters then he looks good. Unfortunately he doesnt do it enough.

I would seriously be considering sending him back to Coburg for atleast 2 weeks.

Sorry Sante, but he was garbage today.

I think his biggest problem is confidence, he needs to toughen up and stop being a princess, ducking his head looking up for a free kicks when he gets tackled, still gets pushed off the ball too easily. He just needs to take one in the head and keep on playing, that would increase his respect.

When he backs himself and tries to kick the ball 40+ meters then he looks good. Unfortunately he doesnt do it enough.

I would seriously be considering sending him back to Coburg for atleast 2 weeks.

Needs to find a left foot, hold his tackles and not try and take on three guys all the time.

I reckon guys slipping over costs us three goals today

Needs to find a left foot, hold his tackles and not try and take on three guys all the time.

I reckon guys slipping over costs us three goals today

He also needs to stop fumbling the ball when he decides to take someone on, thats what kills him.

Richard Fumbling :thumbsdown:

i am absolutely sick and tired of watching this bloke who has obvious talent (but will never live up to it) put in insipid performance after insipid performance week in week out...wallace said he was going to start axing players no matter who they are...i reckon he should start with tambling...todays performance from tambling was nothing short of disgracefull. He was never prepared to run hard to and from contests and around the ground which saw many collingwood attacks come from free men in the middle.

I know that i'll probably cop it from a lot from you blokes but it is painfully true that the bloke isnt and will never be any good.

I think he is poorly coached, and dosent really recieve alot of protection. Players like Foley are great because they get their own ball, but this is not tamblings style he is a fast reciever and the richmond players should try and feed him running past with a handball as much as possible.

I just don't think they look to feed him enough.

I think he is poorly coached, and dosent really recieve alot of protection. Players like Foley are great because they get their own ball, but this is not tamblings style he is a fast reciever and the richmond players should try and feed him running past with a handball as much as possible.

I just don't think they look to feed him enough.

He is poorly coached and is a very average footballer....not much more to say then that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a trade would benefit both parties, he needs a change, however I don't think Richmonds back room staff would be able to swallow their pride.

He wasnt the worst, and hes not the problem. That goal from far out restored a bit of faith in me for him, i still think he can make an impact at this level. One thing i have noticed about him, is when he tries to evade, or say fake out someone, hes so god damn predictable! he gets nearly tackled everytime! to much going on inside that head. In fact that applies to his whole running game, hes very quick he just runs to the wrong places, he somehow needs to clear his mind, though the sight of buudy slotting one from outside fifty on a tough angle dont help...

He wasnt the worst, and hes not the problem. That goal from far out restored a bit of faith in me for him, i still think he can make an impact at this level. One thing i have noticed about him, is when he tries to evade, or say fake out someone, hes so god damn predictable! he gets nearly tackled everytime! to much going on inside that head. In fact that applies to his whole running game, hes very quick he just runs to the wrong places, he somehow needs to clear his mind, though the sight of buudy slotting one from outside fifty on a tough angle dont help...

Archibald that is filth why you defending the bludger? Did you not see him being lazy in the 3rd quater when Newman was running out of the 50 and he was under pressure and Tambo just Bludged, causing the lack of option- that turned into a turned over, that turned in to a Collingwood goal (Schwarz highlighted it)! DISGRACEFUL!

Archibald that is filth why you defending the bludger? Did you not see him being lazy in the 3rd quater when Newman was running out of the 50 and he was under pressure and Tambo just Bludged, causing the lack of option- that turned into a turned over, that turned in to a Collingwood goal (Schwarz highlighted it)! DISGRACEFUL!

HAHA name me one player in this side who didnt have some effect resulting in a turnover and goal to collingwood? Face it none of the team has the skills to make us anywhere near threatening the good sides and we dont deliver WHEN IT MATTERS. Polak missing those two easy set shots is so much more frustrating than one or two Tambling errors.

HAHA name me one player in this side who didnt have some effect resulting in a turnover and goal to collingwood? Face it none of the team has the skills to make us anywhere near threatening the good sides and we dont deliver WHEN IT MATTERS. Polak missing those two easy set shots is so much more frustrating than one or two Tambling errors.

Don't try and defend him archibald by bringing other players into this:rolleyes:haha! Tambo is lazy lazy lazy and everybody in the football world can see this but you.!

Don't try and defend him archibald by bringing other players into this:rolleyes:haha! Tambo is lazy lazy lazy and everybody in the football world can see this but you.!

Thought newmo played a good game today..........:rolleyes: haha nah u got me he wasnt fabulous today, though that goal of his was classy and i just believe if he can get a bit of consistency he'll be ok, not a superstar like we all hoped and dreamt but can have an impact. Would be a superstar anywhere else though, we are deeply engrained in the depression here, and i just dont really understand it.

Thought newmo played a good game today..........:rolleyes: haha nah u got me he wasnt fabulous today, though that goal of his was classy and i just believe if he can get a bit of consistency he'll be ok, not a superstar like we all hoped and dreamt but can have an impact. Would be a superstar anywhere else though, we are deeply engrained in the depression here, and i just dont really understand it.

LOL hahaha deeply engrained in depression you reckon hahaha. Yes good point will be an alright player in the future...under a new coach, but no Buddylove:(

His pace is overrated, since he has built up it looks avg. Collingwood players were actually catching him when he was at full tilt. TBH he didn't have a bad one today, he had 4 clangers and somewhere near 20 disposals with the 1 goal.

I was at the game today and what i found pathetic was your coach, your one way running, 1 on 1 contested footy, entries into the forward 50 and your general disposal.

Its remarkable how much our paths have changed since 2004, Hawthorn has improved and built a skillfull and strong list while Richmond is still in the same place as 2004.

Something thing is very wrong down at Punt Road.

Ps. White looked good :thumbsu:

His pace is overrated, since he has built up it looks avg. Collingwood players were actually catching him when he was at full tilt. TBH he didn't have a bad one today, he had 4 clangers and somewhere near 20 disposals with the 1 goal.

I was at the game today and what i found pathetic was your coach, your one way running, 1 on 1 contested footy, entries into the forward 50 and your general disposal.

Its remarkable how much our paths have changed since 2004, Hawthorn has improved and built a skillfull and strong list while Richmond is still in the same place as 2004.

Something thing is very wrong down at Punt Road.

Ps. White looked good :thumbsu:

tambling has pace but precious little other tools in the bag...speed cuts it in Under age footy but at AFL level when everyone is quick, a player needs a few more tricks to be an elite player. Richie has hit the wall in his development Im not sure he will improve much from here which is a dissapointment, does happen though..Not every Top 4 draft pick stars

tambling has pace but precious little other tools in the bag...speed cuts it in Under age footy but at AFL level when everyone is quick, a player needs a few more tricks to be an elite player. Richie has hit the wall in his development Im not sure he will improve much from here which is a dissapointment, does happen though..Not every Top 4 draft pick stars

I'm not talking about his tricks, I thought Tambling was renowned for his pace ? If thats the case and what i have seen of him recently he doesn't have the ability to break away from a contest, unlike Foley or a Davey Rioli etc. when ever I see someone chasing him they just about close him down everytime.

Am i missing something here?

I'm not talking about his tricks, I thought Tambling was renowned for his pace ? If thats the case and what i have seen of him recently he doesn't have the ability to break away from a contest, unlike Foley or a Davey Rioli etc. when ever I see someone chasing him they just about close him down everytime.

Am i missing something here?

just an ordinary player in my books, doesnt work hard enough nor have the awareness needed in the contest, I actually reckon Matt white has more upside to his game

matt white hardly got the ball!

he only had one bit of good play, which i was very impressed by, but cmon its not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back