• Van Demons

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • Devils

Votes: 270 85.4%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think to neutralise the North/South divide it should be caleed Team Tasmania. My choice would be Team Tasmania ( Tuna/ Mako / Thunde/, Tides/ Turtles/ Trouts thats the hard part.

to those people who seem to think Demons and Devils are too close and will cause confusion (conveniently forgetting that one is a religious figure while the other is a native animal) I would say Nah, have a look around.

As others have pointed out we already have Eagles and Hawks ; lions and tigers etc.

I will also point out that for 86 years between 1910 and 1996 the Canadian Football League had both the Ottawa Rough Riders and the Saskatchewan Roughriders competing against one another.

The Metropolitan Cup in Sydney Rugby League currently has both the Asquith Magpies and the Wentworthville Magpies (the Ourimbah Magpies having folded a few years ago)

I think people are smart enough to understand the difference between Demons and Devils, particularly when they will have significantly different colours, logos, mascots and branding.

The Convicts. With "We all live in a convict colony" as their song

And when Tassie inevitably get thrashed they can sing this post match as an alternate club song.

Sung to the tune of 'Only 19'

The 19th team

Mum and Dad and Denny saw us flogged at the MCG one day - it was a long march from junior's

A Perth match was next on our tour and it was me who hit it hard

We did Cricketers Arms, the Harlow in a pub crawl before we left

And Perth crowds lined the footpaths as we marched down the street

They threw heaps of cans and bottles that landed near our feet

And there's me in a Tassie jumper trying to look tough and mean

God help me - I was playing in the 19th team...

Last edited:
I think Devils or the Pirates would be good. But I like Raptors that sounds good too. The Tassie Raptors lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Tasmania we be in the team name as no other team does. And they won’t want the name to be divisive so perhaps Southern Spirit/Rangers/Cockatoos, whatever

I don’t think Tasmania we be in the team name as no other team does. And they won’t want the name to be divisive so perhaps Southern Spirit/Rangers/Cockatoos, whatever
Tasmania or Tasmanian will definitely be in the name the government actually stipulated it in the contract when they negotiated for a nbl license so would be the same for football I would think

Tasmania Devils is apparently trademarked by the AFL, so that would have to be the favorite.

I also quite like:
- Tasmania Tornadoes (as opposed to the Hobart Hurricanes)
- Tasmania Raiders (raiding the mainland)
- Tasmania Warriors (indigenous influence)
- Tasmania Copperheads (using something like the logo below, except with a bit of green added. Copperhead snakes along with tiger snakes are native to Tasmania)

Copperhead logo.png

Tasmania Devils is apparently trademarked by the AFL, so that would have to be the favorite.

I also quite like:
- Tasmania Tornadoes (as opposed to the Hobart Hurricanes)
- Tasmania Raiders (raiding the mainland)
- Tasmania Warriors (indigenous influence)
- Tasmania Copperheads (using something like the logo below, except with a bit of green added. Copperhead snakes along with tiger snakes are native to Tasmania)

View attachment 1219568

I like both warriors and raiders as nicknames, the raiding of the mainland idea is cool 👍
Don't mind copperheads as a nickname, and could lend itself to a cool logo - I guess my question is whether they are going to use a copper-y colour?

I've seen a few people suggest Tasmaniacs and I kinda like it...call them the Tassie Maniacs FC

Way back on page one someone suggested Tassie Mariners.

Got a nice ring to it?

Yep, but is that too similar to the Dockers?

Always loved the Tassie Mariners name.

Back