Movie Terminator 2: Judgement Day - THE GREATEST ACTION MOVIE OF ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, there are some elaborate and well-staged action sequences, but T2 is not a patch on the original.

The first film was a B-movie (in the best sense of the term), made on a low-ish budget with an aesthetic suitably limited and narrative logic that was full of holes, but happily kept things simple and avoided much scrutiny.

Most importantly, Arnie was a bad guy.

The sequel ran half an hour longer, had nearly 20 times the budget and, no longer able to sneak under the radar, was forced to fill screentime with endless blather explaining itself.

Its greatest cinematic crime - Arnie is a good guy.

The first film was lean and mean, the second bloated and indulgent.

Haven't bothered with the third.

Totally agree. The first film had eerie creepy remorseless and bleak qualities and a real edge, the second just showy and spectacular without the real tenson of the first.

And yes a "good" terminator doesn't work. And good computer effects are no substitute for a good story.

Pity more people haven't seen the Wages of Fear....

"cough" Cobra

Anyway T2 is an excellent movie,great action, comedy and pathos at the end. But agree with those that say that T1 was the best,lean mean and grim.

Also prefer Die Hard.

btw, Am i the only one that loved Terminator 3? I thought it was pretty good.

Yep, I went along expecting dross, and left thinking it was actually pretty good- not bad action scenes, some visually dazzling moments, and didn't take itself too seriously. Love the scene where Dr Silverman is discussing how he used to have delusions about seeing terminators but is cured now, and then bumps into Arnie in black, toting a minigun and a coffin of all things. :D Its rather a pity that Judgment day happened, because they could have have made T4 about the years of therapy that guy is going to need.

Re T2, I love that movie so much it hurts. Watch it every time its on ch10, and every time it still rocks hard.

So many great moments, so many awesome things about it.

Come on, no love for Action Jackson and Black Dog :p:D
weathersTHEN.jpg
3705.jpg

Nah seriously, cool thread. Arnie FTW!

One of my fav things is to have a booze and blow s**t up movie night with my mates. Our favourites that get trotted out again and again

1. Commando
2. T2
3. Die Hard 1
4. Raiders
5. Predator
6. Gladiator (I'm calling it action, the drama's just fancy window dressing for the blood and guts)
7. Saving Private Ryan
8. Rambo III

Again, most of these aren't for technical "excellence", just good bloke films.

Whoever said Matrix 2:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard Target with Van Damme was an A grade action flick.

Awesome concept and great performances.

An action movie can never go wrong with a South African bad guy. Especially this one.

chasse_a_l_homme_hard_target_1993_reference.jpg

"It appears your trophy is ripping us a new orifice"
Is that Ihmotep from The Mummy movies?

That is true. But Warrior and Van Damme both squandered their opportunities, while Hogan and Schwarzenegger went about their business with dignity. Well, as much dignity as steriod freak musclemen can get away with. But at least they didn't do s**t like this.

[youtube]cF4ZTcuhixc[/youtube]

Apologies for the bump....

They played Terminator 2 again last night, first time since March/April (from memory). They actually played the special edition (with Kyle Reese dream sequence, but other additions etc).... but left out the Future Coda ending :eek: (open for debate, the road travelling sequence is the better ending, but still would have liked to see the movie 'complete').

I thought it was strange, they were obviously using the old out dated tape version. Last time it was on, it was perfect widescreen, last night it was a crappy 4:3 source, that was stretched (but not quite enough to make it 'widescreen'). Should have just played it direct from the dvd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back