Thank God Sandy is back calling the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching a SthMelb/Swans v Whoever game one Sun arvo in the 80's.
2 gangly ruckmen were contesting a boundary throw in..."Like 2 Praying Mantis making love!" was Sandy's description.

Struggled to take him seriously after that:D

He's a bit of Bill Lawry figure for mine. Drove me made for years but kind of enjoyed him in a laugh at him kind of way after many years of him refusing to go away.

He's been delicious.

Seven should've made him a caller instead of Hammer or Baz when the latest TV broadcast contract started at the beginning of 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been delicious.

Seven should've made him a caller instead of Hammer or Baz when the latest TV broadcast contract started at the beginning of 2012

Speaking of the Hammer, why was he calling on Monday? Massive game, why was that pillock behind the microphone? Where was Dennis? I can handle Brucey in small doses but Brucey and the Hammer, makes me grateful for the mute button.

I live for that day.

Plenty of times over the years here in Perf ive been at the pub with an Eagles or Freo game going on and they'll put the Essendon game on one TV in the corner with no sound.

I can watch a game with no sound at all. But I've never actually watched a game by myself at home. There's always someone with me in the room who wants sound on.

Over-rated is sound.

Speaking of the Hammer, why was he calling on Monday? Massive game, why was that pillock behind the microphone? Where was Dennis? I can handle Brucey in small doses but Brucey and the Hammer, makes me grateful for the mute button.
We are being 'conditioned' for retirement day of Dennis or Bruce. Romping has appeared a couple of times this year outside of his normal trading hours!

We are being 'conditioned' for retirement day of Dennis or Bruce. Romping has appeared a couple of times this year outside of his normal trading hours!
noticed this too - romping did the crows saints game a few weeks ago instead of dennis

just go away already rompingwins..

Quality ladder;

Dennis Commeti
Sandy Roberts
Bruce Macavaney
Huddo
BT (most entertaining call though...)
Derwayne
Basil
Matty Campbell
Romping
Eddie

Should be "AFL" commentators so they can move around stations to find the best combos.

I'd be amped for marquee games to have commetti/Sandy
The saturday arvo game to have Bruce/Huddo
The sat night be BT as usual...

and then have the rest basically whatever they like..

Derrwayne and Basil for the sh!tkicker fixture

Sandy
Huddo
(Daylight)
Dennis
Eddie (Eddie does know how to call games well, regardless of what you think of him personally)
Bruce
Campbell
(Daylight again)
Derwayne
BT
Rompingwins
Basil

Channel seven will be unlistenable when Bruce and Dennis retire.

Fox really should do their own coverage of some games, such as the Easter Monday game. Horrible that the Sunday game is now (Bruce or Dennis) and Rompingwins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back