Universal Love THANK YOU CHRIS JUDD - #CJUDD3VOTES

Remove this Banner Ad

I vividly remember Judd choosing us, and only in recent times did I lose the unwavering belief that Judd would retire a Carlton premiership player. I am bitterly disappointed of the lack of on field success we had during Judd's career with us, but just so thankful he choose Carlton. I would have seen snippets of his brilliance in another team no doubt, but to be able to see a player of his caliber week in week out for the past 7+ seasons is something that does not come around often.

Was hoping my son could get a photo with you later this year as something I could treasure after your retirement, but the highlights reel and memories are a pretty decent consolation. All the best Juddy #THANK5

What's that?

ET878FZeupHaBFqHi3PoKQqk2B_T9PVg7qJJi-Wje0t-5GwkjLY3MmIFFs1IyYN8rjLOGtLWUw6M2KCoJDvS_IqABEB-f7MXzQpK6oGBbQ=w170-h214-nc

That's a ******* disgrace, Jatz. Do you really think JC would have even got to that ball against Geelong let alone nailed the goal? On his wrong foot? Think about your comparisons next time. FFS........

Everything of note has been said by others.

I echo them.

And my two bobs worth: 'legend' and 'leader' are perhaps more fitting words than 'champion'... there are many of those and you're a cut above.

Hats off to you C Judd. Thank you for serving our club with destinction.

Just watched the presser before bed as I knew I'd probably be a mess. Well, I'm an even bigger mess than I ever imagined! Literally crying after he got tearful in the end. He has seriously brought so much joy since coming to us. Can never ever thank him enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the news reached Perth already, Gav?
Yeah it has... 8:45am local.

Has been all about the "former west coast eagle champion" Chris Judd.

FFS... he left there 7.5 years ago... you would think that they would be over it by now!

What's left to say about his playing ability that hasn't been said already. Luca's piece on the club website summed it up perfectly for me though. Being of the same vintage Chris Judd is probably the last football hero that I will have, I marvelled at him as a school boy when he was at west coast and remember the day and where I was when he chose Carlton and the excitement that I felt after 6 years of pain.

Guys like murph and Gibbs and now Cripps are all slightly younger and in some cases much younger than me, while I get excited at what they do and what they will bring to the footy club the aura that Judd had for me is not and will never be there with any player that is now or is to follow.

That's the saddest thing for me about this retirement and sitting in the outer on Saturday that emptiness as he fell and left the arena was a bitter pill to swallow.

For me it goes in this order of heroes growing up as a kid into an adolescent/adult and the list goes - Kernahan, Bradley, Williams, Silvagni, Kouta, Judd. These 6 names make my heart skip a beat and I've been lucky enough to meet all of them at some stage or another some fleetingly and some for longer. A few of them I've met again in recent years including Judd and they all make you feel like a kid again. That's the purest feeling about footy -that childhood feeling - and for me the fact that I am now older and not ever going to idolise a player in that childhood vein ever again makes this retirement much more significant for me personally.

Chris Judd will hold a special place in my heart as the last Carlton hero that I "look up to", that school boy feeling that you get when as a kid you idolise a player and call their name in the back yard or school yard wishing it was your own one day!

Well played sir, you will be missed.

#thank5 #CJisJC #thelastofmyfootygods

feeling your pain. I vividly remember how i felt in 2007 when he announced he was leaving our club, and im sure its how all of you lot are feeling now.

Champion player, and i feel blessed to have watched so many of his games live :thumbsu:

What a great player and person. Juddy in a blues jumper just made me happy! Was a very sad day for me yesterday and didn't get much work done. He lifted the standards of the game in terms of midfielder prototype and clearance work. I hope our boys never forget how he prepared and worked his butt off to be the best he could be.

My take away from Juddy's retirement - two things.
First - I saw Oscar spear a pass to Juddy just prior to their photo session.
Second - Juddy said Oscar starts Aus kick next year

Long live the legend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back