Universal Love THANK YOU CHRIS JUDD - #CJUDD3VOTES

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear god! What on earth was that about?!
I'm sure I'll sleep better knowing what colour bra Bec wears when she jogs...
At first glance I thought maybe one of her children wrote that for a school project, but that would be an insult to the child's intelligence.

Anyway, the only thing I gleaned from that is that Juddy looks good enough to come back and play another four or five seasons, (Chris, not Bec)

Has anyone read it?

Im 3/4 through and am starting to see how some of Judds input might have had a strong impact on some of the moves made this off-season.

In particular where he describes one of his bigger lightbulb moments being to invest your coaching/advice giving time/efforts in the young guys with high motivation/effort but less talent rather than the super talented but lazy individuals.

You can't help but notice the disappointment in the way Juddy talks about his Carlton time in comparison to his time at West Coast. I think he had high hopes but they were slowly deflated, just like the supporter base. Hopefully we have turned the corner in terms of complacency, so the next time someone like Juddy walks through the doors, his time at the club doesn't leave him feeling a little flat.

You can't help but notice the disappointment in the way Juddy talks about his Carlton time in comparison to his time at West Coast. I think he had high hopes but they were slowly deflated, just like the supporter base. Hopefully we have turned the corner in terms of complacency, so the next time someone like Juddy walks through the doors, his time at the club doesn't leave him feeling a little flat.

If Judd is the inspiration behind Cripps, Murphy, Buckley, Docherty, Byrne and others getting the best out of themselves then his legacy lives on. If they influence one or two recruits each we have foundation for a successful club for the next decade.

If Judd is the inspiration behind Cripps, Murphy, Buckley, Docherty, Byrne and others getting the best out of themselves then his legacy lives on. If they influence one or two recruits each we have foundation for a successful club for the next decade.
Yeah, success breeds success. It would be a little unfair that the culture he was keen to see ingrained at Carlton actually started just after he retired. That's the way it goes though.

I enjoyed the book and further admired Chris Judd the footballer - his professionalism, dedication to his craft, philosophies on football, the way he adapted his game. Something definitely grated me about Chris Judd the person though.

He comes across very mild-mannered, robotic, and humourless and none of these are qualities I admire in an individual. He came across pretty condescending towards many of his former team-mates; particularly the erstwhile ones. He certainly imbues a one-mindedness about him that's hard to endear.

Strangely, I suppose, I actually enjoyed the West Coast section a little more and I don't think he delved into his time at Carlton as much as he could have. Perhaps he's still harbouring a little frustration and some disappointment at the perennial underachievement of the club.

I had a genuine laugh at the Adam Selwood "we don't do drugs" bit. Incredible subtext.

I enjoyed the book and further admired Chris Judd the footballer - his professionalism, dedication to his craft, philosophies on football, the way he adapted his game. Something definitely grated me about Chris Judd the person though.

He comes across very mild-mannered, robotic, and humourless and none of these are qualities I admire in an individual. He came across pretty condescending towards many of his former team-mates; particularly the erstwhile ones. He certainly imbues a one-mindedness about him that's hard to endear.

Strangely, I suppose, I actually enjoyed the West Coast section a little more and I don't think he delved into his time at Carlton as much as he could have. Perhaps he's still harbouring a little frustration and some disappointment at the perennial underachievement of the club.

I had a genuine laugh at the Adam Selwood "we don't do drugs" bit. Incredible subtext.

I didn't get any of that at all from the book, especially when you take into consideration his public persona. He seems to have a great sense of humour. He is a strict professional, and I think he values that trait in others, but I got more of a sense of frustration from him towards some of the other Carlton boys.

I didn't get any of that at all from the book, especially when you take into consideration his public persona. He seems to have a great sense of humour. He is a strict professional, and I think he values that trait in others, but I got more of a sense of frustration from him towards some of the other Carlton boys.

How did you gather that? He made a few small jokes, but he was't that funny. It's not in his makeup - and that's fine.

For the most part, he just didn't seem to enjoy himself while playing footy. He even comments during the book that he'd wished he'd spent more time taking it in and celebrating the minor victories rather than quantifying his whole journey through finals success.

How did you gather that? He made a few small jokes, but he was't that funny. It's not in his makeup - and that's fine.

For the most part, he just didn't seem to enjoy himself while playing footy. He even comments during the book that he'd wished he'd spent more time taking it in and celebrating the minor victories rather than quantifying his whole journey through finals success.

Not from the book, from his interviews etc.

Gary Ablett snr in 2007 called Judd's manager to pass on the message to Judd that he should not go to us as we were a basket case. :mad::mad:

He's legitimately an introvert.

With people like that outward expressions of enjoyment or even excitement are often locked up pretty tight for fear of being judged as cocky/arrogant etc.

I played against Juddy when we were both 16/17, and he was very much like what we've seen from our no.1 pick this season.

One of the things i like the most about Juddy is that he manages to participate while never getting caught up in the "footy culture" that surrounds clubs thesedays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back