Veteran 10k Posts
Oct 1, 2001
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BH, SAS, BRFC, MVFC.
Hawks vs Roos.

Direct all your crap to me here pre-game and post-game.

Down at Tassie where the Hawks are generally very good due to the fact it's a big ground. This could decide 13th and 14th spot and hence pick 3 or 4 for each club.

I think our changes will be:

Out: Kane
In: Young

Murphy will come back in if fit.

Danger men HFC:
Williams: Kicked 8 at YP in round 1 and in some good form.

Midfield: Hodge, Mitchell, Crawford, Batemen, Sewell and Lewis all in some good touch.

Buddy: Capable of anything. I'd think Joel Perry would be a good body to match up on him...if he plays.

Danger men Roos:
Thommo: Carved us up last time and playing good footy. Croad has played backline the past 2 games so he'll probably get Thommo. Dawson played at Box Hill after an injury the week before.

Wells: Should love the open space at YP. Not sure who we'll play on him...

Shane Harvey: well... not so much but I still remember the day.

I'm keen to see McConnell and Swallow in person. This isn't a dig, but keep an eye on Grant Birchall who we got in the Hay deal - easily one of the most intelligent players we've had on our list in a long long time. Amazingly good.

I'm tipping us by about 20 considering this weeks results and the fact we love York Park.

mattyc2422 said:
Hawks vs Roos.

Direct all your crap to me here pre-game and post-game.

Down at Tassie where the Hawks are generally very good due to the fact it's a big ground. This could decide 13th and 14th spot and hence pick 3 or 4 for each club.

I think our changes will be:

Out: Kane
In: Young

Murphy will come back in if fit.

Danger men HFC:
Williams: Kicked 8 at YP in round 1 and in some good form.

Midfield: Hodge, Mitchell, Crawford, Batemen, Sewell and Lewis all in some good touch.

Buddy: Capable of anything. I'd think Joel Perry would be a good body to match up on him...if he plays.

Danger men Roos:
Thommo: Carved us up last time and playing good footy. Croad has played backline the past 2 games so he'll probably get Thommo. Dawson played at Box Hill after an injury the week before.

Wells: Should love the open space at YP. Not sure who we'll play on him...

Shane Harvey: well... not so much but I still remember the day.

I'm keen to see McConnell and Swallow in person. This isn't a dig, but keep an eye on Grant Birchall who we got in the Hay deal - easily one of the most intelligent players we've had on our list in a long long time. Amazingly good.

I'm tipping us by about 20 considering this weeks results and the fact we love York Park.
We're tanking. End of story.

mattyc2422 said:
Hawks vs Roos.
Twenty goals?, I'd be happy with a 10 goal loss.

mattyc2422 said:
This isn't a dig, but keep an eye on Grant Birchall who we got in the Hay deal - easily one of the most intelligent players we've had on our list in a long long time. Amazingly good.

Big fan of this guy, Gun to say the least.

I tip the hawks to win just because we've never played at Aurora. Only guy in our team that has played there is probably Hamish for Tassie in the VFL.

Expect a comfortable win for the Hawks and them to finish above us by these 4 points. (They got 4 games vs Essendon and Carlton, we only got 2 ;) )

Seriously though Hawks will get up due to knowledge of the ground and the fact that in the second half today it looks as if our guys had switched off for '06. Thommo looked as if he'd had enough.

Hopefully there will be a bit of a breeze up and Sav can launch some torps. About the only highlights we have to look forward to judging on today :(

Hawkk said:
They were also the same fans that were critical of us for thinking like that.

Hypocritcal.
You were happy to tank. We're resigned to tanking and not exactly thrilled about it. Massive difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back