The 2020 JUB JUB MEMORIAL Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mayo (Foxtel) has also announced they were going to put some Supercar races in front of their paywall. Effectively free to try and at attract subscribers.
Seven says NO.

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Mayo (Foxtel) has also announced they were going to put some Supercar races in front of their paywall. Effectively free to try and at attract subscribers.
Seven says NO.

Fair enough, 7 paid for FTA.

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Yes, no issue with that.
Very pissed though with Fox that they have folded on Bathurst, as well as the AFL GF.
Having 7’s interminable ad break and sickening cross promotion just kills it for me.
No way I’m watching Bathurst next year.
The business model for the sports coverage is a hangover from anti siphoning rules - think it still applies to Bathurst & GFs for both codes.
Afraid we are stuck with it or get up there.

Big Sauce 21

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes, no issue with that.
Very pissed though with Fox that they have folded on Bathurst, as well as the AFL GF.
Having 7’s interminable ad break and sickening cross promotion just kills it for me.
No way I’m watching Bathurst next year.
The ads are only the beginning. You wont even know who is who with their sh*t campaigner camera quality.

littlegg

Senior List
Aug 8, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
any news on how tickford get the 4th car for lee holdsworth? read that supercars don't want to give up the 2 entitlements? wouldn't racing be better with a top ten car then giving it to matt stone racing? seems strange ..

good to see tim slade land a full time drive even if its at the slowest team (cool drive)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEVO

Premium Platinum
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels
Very sad to hear about John Harvey, a greatly under appreciated driver and commentator. Played second fiddle to Brock most of his tintop career but was very capable and is a Bathurst winner. I grew up a Allan Moffat fan in the late 70's so I didn't like the Holdens and most of the Holden drivers, but I did like Harvey and Gricey.

RIP John.

Remove this Banner Ad