The 5+ goal second quarter lead, followed by the capitulation. The Neil Craig Special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in breaking news, the Crows have appointed a new coach for 2012.

Have the MOB nothing better to do than attempting to convince each other about the endless list of deficiencies of our former coach.

You haven't touched on how Neil Craig caused all our collision injuries. Don't hold back kids, feel free to perpetuate more of the myths.

I couldn't believe there could be so many football illiterates on this site but I now have a new theory. Many of the MOB were enjoying the moist warmth of puberty back in 97 and 98 and tasted the glorious release of our dual premierships. As members of Gen Y (we want it all and we want it now) they have become increasingly frustrated by the lack of fulfillment in the ensuing thirteen years. I hope for your sakes that we don't fail to deliver over the next 5 weeks or it could get ugly.

Anyway I better let you get back to your circle jerking.

Have the MOB nothing better to do than attempting to convince each other about the endless list of deficiencies of our former coach.

You haven't touched on how Neil Craig caused all our collision injuries. Don't hold back kids, feel free to perpetuate more of the myths.

I couldn't believe there could be so many football illiterates on this site but I now have a new theory. Many of the MOB were enjoying the moist warmth of puberty back in 97 and 98 and tasted the glorious release of our dual premierships. As members of Gen Y (we want it all and we want it now) they have become increasingly frustrated by the lack of fulfillment in the ensuing thirteen years. I hope for your sakes that we don't fail to deliver over the next 5 weeks or it could get ugly.

Surely you should be focusing more of your time to Melbourne seeing as you are employed there now. You were ok for a good few years but in the end it was time to move on, you resigned, so we don't need you here anymore.

Fast forward now to the game on Sunday night. How much of what happened in the final quarter was due to changes made by Sando? Any of it? Can anyone identify any changes he made - player moves, tactical changes implemented? The move of Wright to Rodan was vital, yes, but it happened much earlier - before Port's resurgence in the 3rd quarter.

Can I get you guys to clarify your position. It seems to me that everyone sees the issue as the second half of the third quarter, is that correct?

That's certainly where they caught up I do agree, but that wasn't the problem for mine.

The problem was in the first half of the third quarter. We dominated that. Yet we simply got no score. Then their midfield had control and they got numerous scores. If we'd have got 3 or 4 goals during our period of dominance there would have been nothing to talk about now, they would have lay down sooner and we'd have won by ten or 12 goals.

The midfield dominance ended after we finally managed to set up a reasonable goal scoring opportunity to Jacobs - who missed, then we dropped our heads for a bit - KEY problem - goal kicking - existed under Craig, still exists now (though signs are getting better I reckon).

The repeated forward entries for no scoreboard return - most dissappointing part was no good quality entries, how can other teams conjure a player in front of an opponent on a lead yet we struggle so badly with it??? KEY problem under Craig - problem now.

Its like our players dont get that sense of urgency, dont have a feel for the need to get the score, they dont get that desperation and step up a gear or take some on field leadership and just change something up for a few minutes when they feel things slipping (I swear that's cos they don't acknowledge it is slipping, its business as usual, stick to our structures, work harder and it will happen, that's a lack of feel for the game if you ask me)

Also if you want to see a side that has a perfect feel for the game i reckon the best going around is geelong and IMO thats a fair part of why they've been so good over the last few years.

FIGJAM do you carry this chip in your real life as well because I can understand why you would come him to communicate to people. We may be a Mob, but with your arrogance I imagine you are very much a loner.

Firstly you have no idea how old some of us are so cut the condescending bullshit.

Secondly your problem is you expect the supporters who found fault in Craig to sink the boots into Sando. The difference is one coach had been there for too long, he had his faults, he achieved no success and the club righly got rid of him, why don't you have a crack at the club if you have so much Craig love? Sando has been here for 5 minutes, so far he has made a lot of positive moves, the extra focus on tackling, physicality, contested ball, more freedom in the game plan, released the pressure valve and the players are responding positively which is what counts. Sure there may have been some selection queries but we are giving him a chance to work his way through it and develop as a coach.

Now what's worse, bumping an old thread to support a position you had back when Craig was coach, or starting repetitive threads where you are having a crack at a new coach and the supporters who wanted him gone? Remembering the club move Craig on and our position was vindicated.

Finally if you don't like this board, why post on it? Why not show your support for Craig on the Melbourne board and leave us alone?

I think the point AFGM is trying to make is that Craig received a lot of criticism for doing certain things - many of which remain completely unchanged under Sando. Sando escapes criticism for doing them because he's new, whereas Craig (who had been around for longer) was openly castigated. When viewed from a certain angle, there's a high level of hypocrisy at play.

That said, AFGM could definitely do with some lessons in tact & etiquette - and yes I am opening myself to pot/kettle/black type comments here.

I doubt there's anything secretive about it. You'd have to ask AFGM for a comprehensive membership list, but I think most of us have a fairly good idea of who he has in mind given the posting behaviour of these individuals over the last 12-18 months and their willingess & endless joy in dancing on the grave of our previous head coach.

I doubt there's anything secretive about it. You'd have to ask AFGM for a comprehensive membership list, but I think most of us have a fairly good idea of who he has in mind given the posting behaviour of these individuals over the last 12-18 months and their willingess & endless joy in dancing on the grave of our previous head coach.

As expected, nothing more than a figment of his imagination. I find it quite amusing that an individual would spend their life deliberately being tho odd one out and then accuse everyone else of being in a mob. Maybe some professional help is required here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The glorious (thanks AFGM) thing about the MOB accusations is that the real "MOB" actually existed on the other side of the fence, those who sycophantically and arrogantly stood idly by in the last two years (and who knows how much longer) defending the indefensible with Craig (in the face of insurmountable evidence), having pot shots at posters who dared to question, telling us everything was ok, as our club went rapidly down the gurgler.

Curiously, some of those posters seemed to either have disappeared, or changed their tune.

I'd suggest people of the same opinion aren't trying to convince each other of anything.

What I would suggest given the calls to 'shut up', 'move on', 'your being ridiculous', 'your being unfair', 'your wrong' that were made about their views for a number of years.. they are still trying to get some acknowledgement they were right.

you know - the kinda s**t you're doing alot of. (with a different set of theories and opinions)

I think the point AFGM is trying to make is that Craig received a lot of criticism for doing certain things - many of which remain completely unchanged under Sando. Sando escapes criticism for doing them because he's new, whereas Craig (who had been around for longer) was openly castigated. When viewed from a certain angle, there's a high level of hypocrisy at play.

That said, AFGM could definitely do with some lessons in tact & etiquette - and yes I am opening myself to pot/kettle/black type comments here.

No theirs not, because everyone deserves a certain period of time to put their program, beliefs and values in place. And even Neil was awarded this privileged.

However, 'time' is the factor in the equation.

If this time next year, Sando is doing the same sort of things and not getting result, you will hear a loud choir of disappointment becasue we will more than likly be getting the same sort of results.

Do you thing we were over Neil, or over getting negative results?

It would be unreasonable to expect anyone to bitch about what Neil was doing during the 05 or 06 season as he was winning and it was also a honeymoon period. I don't think the real bitching about what Neil was doing started until midway through the 2009 season. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to give sando some time before calling for his head.

The glorious (thanks AFGM) thing about the MOB accusations is that the real "MOB" actually existed on the other side of the fence, those who sycophantically and arrogantly stood idly by in the last two years (and who knows how much longer) defending the indefensible with Craig (in the face of insurmountable evidence), having pot shots at posters who dared to question, telling us everything was ok, as our club went rapidly down the gurgler.

Curiously, some of those posters seemed to either have disappeared, or changed their tune.

Quoted for truth.

I'd suggest people of the same opinion aren't trying to convince each other of anything.

What I would suggest given the calls to 'shut up', 'move on', 'your being ridiculous', 'your being unfair', 'your wrong' that were made about their views for a number of years.. they are still trying to get some acknowledgement they were right.

you know - the kinda s**t you're doing alot of. (with a different set of theories and opinions)

Isn't that 'narcissism' and the 'MOB" are not allowed to be narcissistic?

How dear we suggest someone was wrong after getting told to shut up et el. :rolleyes:

Another factor to consider touches on what Alex has said above.

The results, so far, are different to what Craigy was serving up the last few years. And we have very limited to no visibility of the totality of chagnes Sando may or may not have made.

This thread is about celebrating the refreshing change of outcomes in getting behind but still managing to fall over the line. Bit of craigy bashing in it.. but mainly coz of those who continue to argue things haven't change. if that goes away it's a quick celebration and looking forward.

I assure you AFGM I have every belief that those celebrating here as a MOB are still waiting to see the change where we don't have the lapse that puts us behind!

I am loving the new physicality and the way the boys stepped up in the last quarter against Port. I am cautious as three of our four wins have come against GC, GWS and Port.

I am concerned about our defence.

I am very glad we didn't go with this guy.

Mark-Neeld-shouting.jpg

More than happy to put up my hand and say that my perceptions of how he might go were DRASTICALLY wrong.

Well done selection panel for getting Sando and not Neeld... looking like a ripper choice at this point.

To be fair to neeld though.. he does have more of a basketcase environment to work in - and Sando hasn't yet been through the pressure cooker that Neeld has (next 5 weeks will be very interesting). And the director of sports performance at Melb.. how would he be to work with sheesh!!

As with most things - the truth is somewhere in the middle....

It turned into a complete s**t show with the board moving from discussions about the crows to every little discussion topic turning into the pro/anti craig debate.

Going to quote myself here, instead of re-hashing old ground with AFGM. The Craig losses were as psychological as they were mechanical and physical. Many, many petrol tickets were spent building up what was always JUST short of a matchwinning lead. It was an ongoing theme of his coaching.

^^^

Being so inffiecient with forward forays puts a tonne of pressure on the rare easy set shots we are able to generate. All of a sudden you "must" kick this goal - because we've had so much of the play.

The issue has nothing to do with selecting mentally soft players. The issue is we have coach who believes these kinds of demands on players have no effect on their mental performance.

It is absolutely demoralising to a playing group to dominate a half as much as we did last night, and still not have the game beyond doubt. It has happened once in every finals series he has coached since 2006.

Honestly Neil, give it up. Put us out of our misery.

To be fair that is how we've played this season. Just about every game including the nab.

We have alot of the play and get out to an early lead. It looks easy. We are very inaccurate, and then the goals dry up a bit. The other team gets on top. So far we have been able to get momentum back in time and win, but that probably says more about our opposition so far, than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back