Society/Culture The Abortion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect that those, and there are many of them, mostly women, who hold the view that human life begins some time well before birth, will never stop trying to eradicate what they consider to be the mass killing of innocent children.

Sexually abusing a human is contemptible. Killing is worse.

Your lot blew it on abortion when you started boasting about the eradication of Downs Syndrome.
Why would I care for one second about what a droll catholic that thinks a wafer magically turns into the flesh and wine into blood of an old dead jew,which the you eat and drink whilst on your knees gleefully looking up at a priest!
Bukkake fans!

For the record I fully support the right of a woman under the current laws to make the decision whether or not to take responsibility for bringing a child into the world, that it is the woman's and in some case the prospective fathers, choice alone and no religious group or third party outside of the relationship other that the woman's medical carers has any right to an opinion at all.

I'm certainly pro-choice on the issue....Far be it for me or others to prescribe to people what is the right/wrong decision in their own lives & in their own circumstances.....No one else is privy to those facts more than the person/people deciding on the fate of their own life & body.....No one else's business I'd of thought.

I'm strongly anti-abortion if:

- you are aborting someone else's foetus against their will
- you are aborting your own foetus without the required medical training

Other than that it's not really my business as I don't have a uterus. But I will provide tacit support by not having an abortion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We literally do that constantly, and codify the resultant expectations and moral judgements in law.

So with regards abortion....that then takes us into infringement of foetal rights, which is a whole other kettle of fish.

Do foetus's have rights?....Rights are prefaced upon the existential notion of the individual....All types of cans & worms in that scenario.....Much unpacking required.

I tend to think that the law has it right in OZ ATM.

I'm worried about the kind of kiddies I'd produce lol

The issue isn't abortion, it's the morons that DO have kids.

Abortion, as they say, is a woman's choice.

However, by choosing to terminate a life, they forfeit any and all rights to make any moral judgements about men as a gender.

For the pro abortion people, if a man wants an abortion, is this ok? If he wants the abortion, and the woman doesn't, can he then be completely free from any upbringing costs etc.?

For the pro abortion people, if a man wants an abortion, is this ok? If he wants the abortion, and the woman doesn't, can he then be completely free from any upbringing costs etc.?

Nope.

Nope.

No one is “pro-abortion”. It’s pro-choice.

No one is “pro-abortion”. It’s pro-choice.

semantics

27973885_1609824015771600_1509887080899716118_n.jpg

Well he can't actually have the abortion but he can have the right to have an abortion.
He can be completely free from any upbringing costs etc if he uses effective birth control, something else the church has been loath to allow in it's medieval wisdom.
That opens up an entirely separate kettle of fish though in regard to children being a blessing from God and all.
Surely a God would not bless those who did not want or could not possibly raise a child knowing full well they would abort it.
A what of children conceived in rape?????
What is God thinking there???

He can be completely free from any upbringing costs etc if he uses effective birth control, something else the church has been loath to allow in it's medieval wisdom.

You can say the same for the female in defense of not permitting abortion...

If she can't effectively use birth control, why should she be able to opt-out of parenthood? What if the father wants to keep the child and the mother doesn't?

It's not a short and simple discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back