AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
adelaidecrows2.jpg
V
carlton-logo-1980.gif

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Sunday, July 10, 1.10pm AEST

It's Carltank in Melbourne....again. Its the SIXTH time the Bluebaggers haven't had to leave lovely Melbourne to make the 1hr flight across the border. The Crows are flying and the playing interstate hoodoo seems to be a thing of the past.

Personally its two years in a row the annual footy trip has selected Crows v Carlton...looking forward to a great weekend in Melbourne.

The Crows find themselves in a strange place again for the second week in a row-The MCG and another game that in their current form should be win number 7 in a row.

It's been in the news how much the Crows and Blues have individuals who have crossed over to the other.

We have Sauce, Eddie and Menzel, Teague and Campo.....they have Kerridge, Wright, Craigy and Triggy.

The Crows are in my humble opinion far, far ahead on this ledger, thou The Kedge and Mr Non Statistical have been playing well, but the side they left is playing even better.

Carlton have traded away all of their forward line and have this guy as their main avenue to goal....
Levi_Casboult_Carlton_630.jpg

V
Josh+Jenkins+-xDc1v6bNsbm.jpg
tom-lynch-of-the-crows-celebrates-a-goal-with-taylor-walker-during-picture-id528814836

Our forward line is impossible to keep quiet...JJ, Eddie and Tex are all in the top 10 goal kickers, Sir Charles the new speed demon of the AFL, 10 goal Tommy, Mitts McGovern and now the rejuvenated Pizzaboy Douglas keep the scoreboard ticking over at a fast rate of knots.

Our midfield is showing the loss of Voldemort hasn't been the doom and gloom predicted.
Rory Sloane is now starting to get the attention he deserves as a top line mid,
a2cf8e537371098e99291c55dde88940

Lyons is playing like every game is his last, Mrouch is showing up his older bro who has now strung two game together and looks ready to prove his worth, Thommo299 is ticking along safe in the knowledge that the mids are going to be ok when he decides to hang up the boots.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ror...l/news-story/f93a51049895e41273097c62b440456e

The back line lead by DT, who is having his best year since his Rising Star year, backed up by a brainsnapless Hartigan, young gun Jake the Snake Lever, the best little big man in Rory Laird, Mr Consistency Brown and the run and gun Smithers.

Both clubs have new coaches and have surprised most preseason pundits on what they could achieve in 2016.
Carlton was winning and everyone was going wow, then they remembered that they still need more picks and the wheels have fallen off in the past three weeks.
Pikey has made it seem like he has been in the main chair for much longer than 16 rounds. The man should be smiling, the club is moving as one, the players forged by the events of 2015, have all bought into his game plan and now the hardest part of the draw is behind them a top 4 berth is there for the taking. This in years past would be where the wheels would fall off...now I'm not so sure.
9293887028aaccc9adb158480e79679e

History
PAST FIVE TIMES

R10, 2015, Adelaide 14.15 (99) d Carlton 14.6 (90) at the MCG
R10, 2014, Carlton 12.9 (81) d Adelaide 10.16 (76) at the MCG
R5, 2013, Carlton 17.13 (115) d Adelaide 12.11 (83) at the MCG
R8, 2012, Adelaide 19.10 (124) d Carlton 8.7 (55) at Etihad Stadium
R5, 2011, Carlton 11.19 (85) d Adelaide 12.7 (79) at Etihad Stadium

Head to Head since 1991
Adelaide 16 Carlton 18

upload_2016-7-7_2-17-2.png

Last time we met....

A game that never reached any real heights...AFC did their best to lose, Juddy did his knee and got a standing ovation as he was carted off the G for the last time and JJ kicked 5.

My favourite memory from a Crows Blues game....

My least favourite...

Teams .....25 man squads named
Crows:
Out: Brown :( (groinage)
Ins: Henderson, Seedsman, Kelly, Milera

Thinking The Seed will come back in..or Kelly for Brown, Seed for Dmac

Carlton:
Out: Bryne
Ins: Armfield, Tutt, Buckley, Graham

Prediction.... Crows by 44

Last edited:

Finally found the preview thread :oops:

Great read. Heading into the city to watch this one. If we win ( and we should by a largish margin) I will do a double Pyke at the Adelaide Aquatic Centre. If we lose I will be Bolton early

Carlton

I hate Carlton more than anyone

The only thing I want is for us to grind them into the dust by 100+

Smash them for our %
Smash them for Triggy
Smash them smash them smash them

Another VFL club gifted draft picks, gifted favorable time slots, gifted gifted gifted.

* them

ahh, that burton mark of the year. I was so close to it I could see his arsehole twitch as he came crashing down to earth

nice write up :thumbsu:

I will be there fully using up all of the immense benefits offered by my highly sought after AFC Vic Membership.

We always struggle to beat these campaigners for some reason (especially in Melbourne) and I am less confident this week than I was last week (and at half time in the Members Bar last week I was not exactly oozing confidence).

We are also due for a pig of a game and I only hope we don't repeat our first half efforts of last week.

However, given the importance of winning momentum currently with the ladder so blocked tight, I feel I will be singing the song with gusto at about 3.30pm in a cold and bleak empty MCG.

Crows by 20 points.

This is truly a "4 points and move on game" and the Crows of old would drop this one for sure!

Great write up.

If we are switched on it should be an easy win. We have shown no signs of not being switched on under Pyke, so I am tipping us by 32.

I believe that the bolded is the most significant observation on the Crows this year. Keep this aspect up and we could do anything.

I will be there fully using up all of the immense benefits offered by my highly sought after AFC Vic Membership.

We always struggle to beat these campaigners for some reason (especially in Melbourne) and I am less confident this week than I was last week (and at half time in the Members Bar last week I was not exactly oozing confidence).

We are also due for a pig of a game and I only hope we don't repeat our first half efforts of last week.

However, given the importance of winning momentum currently with the ladder so blocked tight, I feel I will be singing the song with gusto at about 3.30pm in a cold and bleak empty MCG.

Crows by 20 points.

This is truly a "4 points and move on game" and the Crows of old would drop this one for sure!

I'm much more confident than I was last week: Melbourne are much better than Carlton. Also, I think that we had our pig of a game last week and are due for a better one this week. Until proven otherwise, I've started to believe in our new mindset under Pyke, rather than the previous years' brittleness, panic, and inability to adjust to in-game adversity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although this game is not technically a "trap" game since the Geelong contest is two weeks away, I am leery of a let down here.

No particular reason, just concerned is all. I kinda feel like this will be similar to the Brisbane game last season.

I look for Carlton to realize they are Carlton in the 4th quarter and the boys eek out an 8 point win.

Love that we are wearing our Yellow Strip!
Just proves my point that when you're winning that's all that matters.

It's because we only ever play them In melbourne!! **** I hate the AFL!

Carlton

I hate Carlton more than anyone

The only thing I want is for us to grind them into the dust by 100+

Smash them for our %
Smash them for Triggy
Smash them smash them smash them

Another VFL club gifted draft picks, gifted favorable time slots, gifted gifted gifted.

**** them
Agreed - I much prefer Collingwood than Carlton and that's saying something . Their fans are the worst in the league

Was nervous re last week and for good reason as Melbourne has some fire power . No such concerns this week, hopefully some cold wet Melbourne weather sharpens the focus and we grind them into the ground

Crows by 48 , more if Seedsman plays

They set up well defensively, have a plan and stick to it. If you don't have a good quality forward system they can def trap you.

But they have only played 4 x top 8 sides this year, and in 3 of those games they were belted. I can't explain the Geelong game, but then again I can't explain Geelong v Saints or Collingwood either. I think we can safely call it an outlier.

The key pressure AFC bring is scoreboard pressure, opposition must keep scoring and I think this is what will be their undoing. Over 100pts just twice in 14 games, they rely on keeping low scores against.

This will be a comfortable win

I am hopeful that the effects of our ridiculous bye arrangements will be out of our system. Couldn't kick first week back - fumbly and a bit disorganised down back the next.
Expecting a smoother running machine to pump out a big win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back