The AFL is rich in cash, staff and resources...

Remove this Banner Ad

So why did they get the work experience kid to do the fixtures?
Sadly, the truth is some genius was paid good money for that s**t sandwich.
You have to wonder if we paid the price for resting blokes in round 23.
You can't fight city hall...

Hind sight is 20/20 as we didn't win the flag last year we would have been better off playing kids once top 4 was out of the question.

Imagine if we'd have played Woods first 10 games last year and the guy was pushing 20ish games now. Playing the fixture of a team that finished 10th rather than 4th. Our back to back overacheving in finals has actually set this up.

THe fixture is outside of our control. it is what it is and we have known about its difficulty since October. We have some player management issues in the early part of the season which have bitten us now too.

The fixturing is a disgrace. The bye round is one thing the AFL should be able to handle fairly and easily. The six teams coming off the bye should play one another. There are no excuses for the AFL in this and it is yet another example of what a hopelessly, incompetent, compromised organisation the AFL is.

The fixturing is a disgrace. The bye round is one thing the AFL should be able to handle fairly and easily. The six teams coming off the bye should play one another. There are no excuses for the AFL in this and it is yet another example of what a hopelessly, incompetent, compromised organisation the AFL is.
It's not rocket surgery!

Round 23 2015.

Says 'hi'

But you know what. That was totally reasonable decision and brought players into our finals side cos they had the opportunity that day. We were cooked against the Dogs and had plenty of players who needed a rest.

Like everything else (well what seems like everything else) that goes against us admin wise it comes off the back of shitheads in the media pushing their own agenda and usually bagging us in the process. Brad Scott should have punched the first media ******* to use the term tanking in reference to us that weekend. Once upon a time he could blue a bit.

7e614977d415fec5bba9b0b59dc3152d

The sooner that Arthur Nahas slaps his massive python across this Turkey's face to sort him out the better. :stern look

So why did they get the work experience kid to do the fixtures?
Sadly, the truth is some genius was paid good money for that s**t sandwich.
You have to wonder if we paid the price for resting blokes in round 23.
You can't fight city hall...
This is true as Leigh Matthews said also about fighting city hall.
Brisbane were propped up during their threepeat and then when they got to big and strong they were fined for anything the AFL pulled out of their backside. Look at Brisbane now.

Sydney went behind the AFL's wishes to send Buddy to GWS and they were punished and threatened from the AFL mafia.
Yeah it's really sad how the AFL is run now. Big business men in suits.

If it wasn't for North i wouldn't follow AFL in any way.

If it wasn't for North i wouldn't follow AFL in any way.
This. My passion for footy is slowly but surely ebbing away with each passing year. The game is being made progressively blander by the idiots in charge of it. Something's gotta give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is a joke. Dictated by $$ not passion, and run that way accordingly*.

I agree with shniko11, I don't enjoy AFL like I used to - rarely watch a neutral game yet I watch other sports/hobbies regularly.

If love North but if we folded (which we won't) i'd move on pretty quickly to other endeavours which have so far taken a back seat.

*during writing this post 2 more rule changes have likely been made :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This. My passion for footy is slowly but surely ebbing away with each passing year. The game is being made progressively blander by the idiots in charge of it. Something's gotta give.
Talk about "somethings gotta give"
I just read how Charlie Spargo played for the under 18's Allied team attached to the GWS academy... Shoot me!

In all fairness, I would sell the s**t out of my integrity for $1 billion.

Well I spose they sold our integrity when they theirs.

To anyone who thinks the AFL will look after the clubs when they get Ettihad I say this,

The emergence of the Woman's league is rather timely isn't it?

The emergence of the Woman's league is rather timely. What a great way to funnel any extra money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back