Autopsy The annihilations continue v suns

Remove this Banner Ad

As disappointing as it is, getting flogged by the Gold Coast in the territory isn’t as bad as some make it out to be. Don’t get me wrong, we are 50 shades of shite, but this Suns team will play finals. This isn’t the cellar dwelling suns of yesteryear - these guys can bloody play footy and are very acclimatised to the hot and humid conditions up North. If this was 2005 Carlton we got flogged by, different story. Speaking of - who would win in that matchup?

Clarko has completely lost the players.

You will all come to the realization eventually.

That’s as bad an AFL football side has looked in the AFL era effort wise. That GC team is terrible and we were made to look like a VFL outfit.

Sacking him won’t solve anything, as it is a complete get out of jail free card for the absolute charlatans putting in 20% of the required effort at the moment.

But it’s true.

We are completely treading water at the monent, Clarko is done and the players are done with him and we need to be done with some of these players immediately.

Club is in a no win complete apocalypse situation at the moment given Clarko’s contract length and terms and still having 4 months of the season to go.

You have to remember that Clarko holds nowhere near the same weight as he did with the Hawthorn playing group, he’s won nothing here and it’s even more amplified by the fact he spent a few months away from this group last year.

Most of these players have turned into self preservation mode awaiting the next coach and/or trade week.
Easy take but I'm far from sold.

This is not largely an effort issue - although there are elements of that.

This is largely a talent (or execution) issue.

Even if those players falling short on effort - turned it around we'd still be a 15th team tops.

No thanks.

Every week we look smaller, lighter, slower, less fit and less skilled than our opponents.

That's a personnel issue.

I see effort pretty much every week from the younger guys - the likes of Comben, Sheezel,Wardlaw, Archer, McKercher, Curtis and Powell.

Clarkson clearly hasn't lost them.

With the exception of Larkey, even if he's lost every other player over 25, no great loss because truth be told there's barely an AFL standard player amongst them.

A mate of mine says following North is like supporting a family member with a terminal illness. You want to be there for them and support them, but you also know how it ends.

As a close friend who was on their deathbed before they passed away the following day said to me “hey, we’ll all be in this position one day, including you. This is just my time. Relax!”

Honestly, once I saw players prostrate on the ground post a slow mo’ chase down attempt, I knew everything which followed would be a s**t show. We were spent. Sapped of whatever energy reserves most players had.

Nothing like playing a game in the tropics against a side better accustomed to such conditions, particularly those drawn from their fabled NT Academy.

I’m now more concerned with how long the players take to recover, knowing we have a bloody up and about * to come next week.

There needs to be change from the top down. Immediately.

Clarko clearly has zero clue what he is doing and coaching in his shorts like some NAB cup game says it all.

The only time ive heard from Jen Watt is jumping on to a Don Pyke (who is looking to rid himself of the Adelaide camp tag) raised non football issue.

Sonja needs to be under enormous pressure too, after leading the charge to recruit Clarko as the sole candidate. He was done at Hawthorn in the end. His current reign is making David Noble look like Jock McCale.

Tonight was truly the last straw for me.

We conceded 120 points in those conditions. Anyone worth their salt on this debacle of a list, should be calling their managers to get them TFO.

Last edited:
And yet, here you are.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

First off, I’m not in the country so how you can expect me to watch this drivel abroad is nonsense, so miss me with that s**t.

Second, I’m going to follow this team somehow, it’s my ******* team. The clubs not gonna tell it to me straight, nor media, and watching these games is a waste of time and money considering Kayo charges substantial amounts of money to follow the worst team in the comp.

third, "and here you are" is the oldest clapback in the bigfooty playbook, and doesn't even consider the fact that Im sure many supporters gave up on this team entirely. So despite 'here I am', at least i give a s**t, the fans probably don't anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is this is a team that has to be rebuilt from the ground up. This could quite possibly be the norm for another 3 years...

As much as I loathe the way we are getting flogged week in week out, I think that might just be a bit alarmist.

We remain the club with the youngest and least experienced list in the competition, and unlike Richmond, who went down by over 90 points tonight, we have just one Premiership player in our team, in Liam Shiells, as opposed to Richmond who still have multiple Premiership players from their era of contending, which finished probably last year. We are simply sitting ducks right now, not too dissimilar to how the GC and GWS started out in the their first few years.

Football is very much a cyclical thing, we are in a huge trough, but we are not the first, nor will we be the last team to be in this position. Despite the floggings, small, and what might appear to be insignificant, steps are being taken on the road to our boys turning a long overdue corner.

Every game this young list plays together, is slowly but surely building experience. Imagine how the likes of Wardlaw, McKercher, Sheezel, Duursma (not there tonight), Comben (too in terms of games played is still just a baby), will be playing when they reach 40, 50, 60 games playing together.

Hard as it is to cope with, we just have to be patient. It will turn, I have no doubt.
I bathe in your optimism.

Will they stay together? I have no faith in the club to do the right thing and improve.

Well, I for one am happy we soaped up the balls in preparation for this game. Skills realllllly stood out. Handballing to the feet. To the opposition. To empty space. Excellent
The handballs were deplorable

Im the opposite, North is the only thing that connects me to the game.. Footy is s**t these days. It’s unrecognisable from what it once was. Ive been saying that since before we were this bad too.
Support a local team. I spent an enjoyable day watching Canterbury (firsts and seconds) who play in the lowest grade of the Ammos.

I give some Coles gift vouchers for the girls team. You follow your money so it keeps me interested in footy.

I don't think that's the answer, and I hope they abolish priority picks in the first round, until the end of the round. Which we've already had two for this year.

We need the AFL to step in and help us with player development and pay for extra coaching. We haven't got the money, but if we can have an extra soft cap budget, and its funded by the AFL for development it may be more acceptable to other clubs.

And rather than a PP, maybe what we need is an extra $300k salary cap or something along those lines, so we can recruit established players?

The problem with an 18 team competition is that the talent is spread too thin in the draft. And unlike sports like the NBA and NFL where one player can make a huge difference, AFL is different. How many good defenders are in the draft each year, and how many are ready to play from year 1?

I follow NFL, and there are multiple good players in each position available, who are ready to start. We don't have that, so building by the draft is a slow process for most teams, unless you hit the jackpot with a player.
I have thought for many years about an established priority system along the lines of how many years you have been out of finals. Say after 5 years of non finals you get pick 19or if there are several teams in this situation they go in order depending on how many years they have been out of finals,

If you have been out even more years you get pick 20 and you could even go pick 21 if there has been a longer non finals period.

Stops all talk about picks and hopefully repairs clubs before they hit the bottom.

There needs to be change from the top down. Immediately.

Clarko clearly has zero clue what he is doing and coaching in his shorts like some NAB cup game says it all.

The only time ive heard from Jen Watt is jumping on to a Don Pyke (who is looking to rid himself of the Adelaide camp tag) raised non football issue.

Sonja needs to be under enormous pressure too, after leading the charge to recruit Clarko as the sole candidate. He was done at Hawthorn in the end. His current reign is making David Noble look like Jock McCale.

Tonight was truly the last straw for me.

We conceded 120 points in those conditions. Anyone worth their salt on this debacle of a list, should be calling their managers to get them TFO.
I personally believe we need more coaches wearing shorts.

The reality is this is a team that has to be rebuilt from the ground up. This could quite possibly be the norm for another 3 years...

No it doesn’t.
This is the ridiculous mentality that sees us lose by 10 goals per week.
We need to add 8 - 10 AFL standard players around the 12 we already have on the list to get to the level of Adelaide, Hawthorn even Richmond.
Sadly, I’m convinced Clarko is not the right guy either. How we address that I have no idea.

in the last 5 seasons of footy we have won 12/92 games. We will most likely finish this 5 year period 12/106. Of those 12 wins only 3 were in Melbourne and only 2 were in front of a live crowd. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that no other professional sporting organisation in Australia has been that bad. We are the worst run sporting club in the country. Certainly in my time watching footy (40 years) no one has been this bad (and survived). When does the AFL step in and take over? In our current state with the current management there is no way we survive 3 more years.
We are on the road to extinction.

Sheezel
Colby
Duursma
Wardlaw
LDU
Larkey
Logue
Chom
Curtis
Hardeman
Goater
Ford
Archer

Possibly a couple of untried kids.

The rest are no good and would struggle to find a spot on any other AFL list

Last edited:
I’m just sick of there being two interpretations when we play.

We are going to lose anyway, but these maggot campaigners truly don’t give a * when they umpire us.

It’s like they have the mindset that the opposition is better so they don’t make mistakes and let them get away with everything.

I highlighted in an earlier post an umpire in the last 10 secs call Witts to stand twice and he kept walking away, yet decided to do nothing.

How can you just ignore something so blatant unless it’s a conscious decision. It’s not a mistake, he is actually pleading with Witts to stand so he doesn’t have to pay 50 and then when he doesn’t, just decides not to penalise him anyway.

It’s hard enough watching us play, but then having to put up with this s**t decision making week in week out that we are always on the wrong end of.

Who was the dumb campaigner who thought 4 was a good idea when we can’t even get 1 good one in a game.

The AFL is a ******* joke if they think the standard of umpiring is acceptable. Laura Kane is a gimp that will * this game.
AFL umpiring is a hot mess and is the biggest blight on the competition excluding our rabble of a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back