The "Ask Lions_Insider!" discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really give a s**t anymore. Not going to see people promote harassment of our womens team members on this board and sit idly by. If anyone has a problem take it to my PM. Thanks.

I saw that comment about the guys and Ashmore more as an inoffensive joke than anything else....SM, I really feel you have over reacted on this particular matter.

It is a credit to you that you feel so strongly about attitudes of males towards females....but you need to look at each situation seperately, was Kaitlyn offended or upset? If No, then don't worry about it. If Yes, then of course there is something to get concerned about.

If we get to the stage where men can't say or act in a inoffensive joking/complimentary way towards a woman, then the population is in big trouble.....and the PC brigade have doomed the planet;)

Last edited:
I saw that comment about the guys and Ashmore more as an inoffensive joke than anything else....SM, I really feel you have over reacted on this particular matter.

It is a credit to you that you feel so strongly about attitudes of males towards females....but you need to look at each situation seperately, was Kaitlyn offended or upset? If No, then don't worry about it. If Yes, then of course there is something to get concerned about.

If we get to the stage where men can't say or act in a complimentary way towards a woman, then the population is in big trouble.....and the PC brigade have doomed the planet;)
Well said MM

For those here that may have played/attended the inaugural Brunswick St Bash below is a link to photos from the day, which includes this one of players #10, #12 & #14 - apologies to the other two. :cool:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156565735@N08/albums

zzqveKs.jpg

For those here that may have played/attended the inaugural Brunswick St Bash below is a link to photos from the day, which includes this one of players #10, #12 & #14 - apologies to the other two. :cool:

zzqveKs.jpg
Thanks for the link mate. Some great pics in there. My wife was spewing on me, as I was the only one holding a can in the whole group photos. Not even Pykey and Doc had one which is saying something! Haha

Hi there,

I have a few questions for the lions insider if possible. I’m a guernsey enthusiast and was wondering if the lions are putting out:

-Hall of Fame guernsey?
- Anzac guernsey?
-Indigenous guernsey?
- any other guernsey?

Thanks for any feedback

Hey lions insider I notice another price spike in alcohol and the fact they’ve taken away the heavy’s.

The cost for food and drink at the Gabba is beyond ludicrous and the fact now I question whether I can afford my membership as well as a couple drinks and a bite to eat at the Gabba is starting to really play on my mind.

Why spend all the money when I can get a similar atmosphere and spend half the price going to a pub?

Let alone trying to convince a few mates to come with me when to have a semi enjoyable night costs an arm and a leg.

Isn't the Hahn Super Dry a full strength? I've found the $9-10 schooner is pretty common in most bars now and that is depressing enough although pubs are a bit cheaper. Unfortunately preloading seems to be the only sensible option now.

Hi there,

I have a few questions for the lions insider if possible. I’m a guernsey enthusiast and was wondering if the lions are putting out:

-Hall of Fame guernsey?
- Anzac guernsey?
-Indigenous guernsey?
- any other guernsey?

Thanks for any feedback
On that note I hope common sense prevails and we wear our home jumper against GWS in Round 6, both Roys and Bears jumpers will clash with their orange but our maroon home will contrast fine. Even if this means wearing one of our alternate jumpers at one of our home games to please the vero/oaks sponsorship arrangement. Also we should always wear our home jumper against Collingwood regardless of whether we are home or away because * Collingwood and also due to us beating them in two grand finals in it

G'day Lions insider,
Just wanted to say that I played in the Brunswick st. Bash today and had the time of my life. Was such a buzz for me to be playing alongside some of my childhood Fitzroy hero's in Simon Hawking, Brett Stephens, Jeremy Guard, Pykey and Doc Wheilden. Initially was hard to play by the AFL 9s rules without any contact etc. but quickly adapted. All the past players who participated were very down to earth and up for a chat. Pykey was our captain/coach for the day and had a really solid strategy and gameplan: make sure you sink 2 cans before we play! Didnt work out great, as we won the wooden spoon haha. Also had a great time at the pub afterwards. Having a few beers and talking about the old days of Fitzroy with past players was an absolute childhood dream! If my dear old nan was still around, she would have been beside herself seeing me out there with the boys. Thank you for organising such a wonderful event for the Lions supporters in Melb and if it's on again next year, count me in for sure!
It was a ripper day - I agree with all of your comments. I was on Clark Keating's team ans had a ball.

Isn't the Hahn Super Dry a full strength? I've found the $9-10 schooner is pretty common in most bars now and that is depressing enough although pubs are a bit cheaper. Unfortunately preloading seems to be the only sensible option now.
Holy cr@p. How much is a basic spirit in bars now?

I don’t think it’s that sensible, some drunk old bloke tried to pick a fight with me pre-game and he reeked of beer and was stumbling around all over the place.

If we get to the stage where men can't say or act in a inoffensive joking/complimentary way towards a woman, then the population is in big trouble.....and the PC brigade have doomed the planet;)
Lets also remember that if there was a joke about females wanting the number of whoever the best looking male player is no-one would say anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it’s that sensible, some drunk old bloke tried to pick a fight with me pre-game and he reeked of beer and was stumbling around all over the place.

It was an Essendon supporters' uncle. Did you push him down some steps?

zzqveKs.jpg
Is that Cameron Wood and Scott Harding that I see in a few of the photo's? Edit: Marty Pask as well? A few random ex-Brisbane Lions making an appearance. Good to see though.

Last edited:
Is that Cameron Wood and Scott Harding that I see in a few of the photo's? Edit: Marty Pask as well? A few random ex-Brisbane Lions making an appearance. Good to see though.
Yep they were all there. Scott Cloustan was another ex Brisbane lion that played as well

Lets also remember that if there was a joke about females wanting the number of whoever the best looking male player is no-one would say anything.
It's Staker. It's always Staker, and there usually are plenty of jokes about women wanting his number...

Of course, he starts most of them himself...

Hi,

That's very strange...haven't heard of that problem before.

Are you running an extensions that blocks Ads or something that might be blocking the content?

Yes I run ad blockers on Safari, however they are off for both Lions & AFL websites.

When I select a video to watch, all I get is a black screen, no buffering, no spin wheels, nothing but black. Strange indeed.

I can however watch the content on YouTube. I suspect the problem is exclusively with content posted & hosted (originally) by the AFL.

Yes I run ad blockers on Safari, however they are off for both Lions & AFL websites.

When I select a video to watch, all I get is a black screen, no buffering, no spin wheels, nothing but black. Strange indeed.

I can however watch the content on YouTube. I suspect the problem is exclusively with content posted & hosted (originally) by the AFL.

Dumb question, but have you restarted the device?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back