Discussion The Barometer - Mid Season Dragons, Demons & Roys Review Out Now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Next mid season review is for the Demon's. Below in italics is what I posted pre season.

Next up for review is the Mount Buller Demons.

Led once again by S28 beez winner manangatang with one of the forgotten men of the SFA Yakker as his deputy.

Not a lot of movement in the off season with journeyman akkaps heading off to the Swampies and the little known Adroyo delisted. A couple of huge inclusions though in Harvey Manfrenjensenden and former SFA admin boncer34

In truth when you look through the list in detail there was not much need for movement or recruits. This one is full of quality. sausageroll Proper Gander DemonJim Tarkyn_24 cooney Callums_Guns and Headless are all well regarded and respected posters. Add to this if sante and _Cayz_ can find their best form from a few seasons back on paper this is as good a list going around in the SFA.

Always a team to be up there come the pointy end of the season on field they will once again be one to watch.

My pre season ranking for the Demons is an A-.

I reckon I got this one pretty right pre season.

From what I can see they have around 6 inactives on a list of 27. The most impressive part is the consistency of their posting group. Week in, week out they have been very active and seem to be a really tight group now. Yakker appears to have stepped up more this season and they have 10 posters averaging more than 20 posts per match thread.

The SIM has finally brought them back to the field over the past few weeks but I sense this matters little to this very powerful group of posters.

My pre season ranking was A-. My mid season ranking has improved to an A.

Next mid season review is for the Demon's. Below in italics is what I posted pre season.

Led once again by S28 beez winner manangatang with one of the forgotten men of the SFA Yakker as his deputy.

Not a lot of movement in the off season with journeyman akkaps heading off to the Swampies and the little known Adroyo delisted. A couple of huge inclusions though in Harvey Manfrenjensenden and former SFA admin boncer34

In truth when you look through the list in detail there was not much need for movement or recruits. This one is full of quality. sausageroll Proper Gander DemonJim Tarkyn_24 cooney Callums_Guns and Headless are all well regarded and respected posters. Add to this if sante and _Cayz_ can find their best form from a few seasons back on paper this is as good a list going around in the SFA.

Always a team to be up there come the pointy end of the season on field they will once again be one to watch.

From what I can see they have around 6 inactives on a list of 27. The most impressive part is the consistency of their posting group. Week in, week out they have been very active and seem to be a really tight group now. Yakker appears to have stepped up more this season and they have 10 posters averaging more than 20 posts per match thread.

The SIM has finally brought them back to the field over the past few weeks but I sense this matters little to this very powerful group of posters.

LOL

Next mid season review is for the Roy's. Below in italics is what I posted pre season.

Third team for review today is The Roys.

Holy fu** this team is hard to analyse. They stick in their lane and know their routine very well. Does it come a time though where it gets too stale and it is time for a rejuvenation and some fresh blood?

TedDougChris is now in his second season as skipper after taking over from the great fitzroybowiedog

I personally like what TDC has brought to the table but it seems to have been a quiet off season for the Roys. Rookie PurpleGreenRed joins and the great Barrels has sadly retired with fumbler off to purgatory. Stalwarts I Dont Care JackNah_8 Mobbs Mooch and Allikat continue to form the nucleus to the team but can George and RU_ regain some form that at one stage saw them as league leaders? I truly believe the Roys need to find some other avenues as at times it seems too much is left to too few.

A tough one to rate but I sense this is a big year for the Roys. If they are unable to gather some momentum early and bring on board some new talent it may prove to be a very long season.

I have always enjoyed match threads against the Roys but for me they are currently a B- rating.

Okay so as always the Roy's are harder to judge than the House Rules final.

From a total of 26 posters 6 have been inactive all season. and 2 have only posted once. George and RU_ have failed to fire and once again it has been left to the old crew to hold up the innings. The positives for me are the continued form of Mobbs and it would be safe to say I Dont Care has been a more than handy recruit over the past few seasons.

I noted pre season that the Roys needed to develop some new talent and I sense this has not happened. While it is great to see PurpleGreenRed putting up consistent match thread numbers there are not many other green shoots.

The Roys will always be a favourite opposition of mine as they have some ripping posters in their ranks. Mooch fitzroybowiedog TedDougChris JackNah_8 and my personal favourite Beandip are all sensational to banter against. That said I do have to give a rating and sadly they have dropped from a B- pre season to a C- mid season.

LOL

Next mid season review is for the Roy's. Below in italics is what I posted pre season.

Third team for review today is The Roys.

Holy fu** this team is hard to analyse. They stick in their lane and know their routine very well. Does it come a time though where it gets too stale and it is time for a rejuvenation and some fresh blood?

TedDougChris is now in his second season as skipper after taking over from the great fitzroybowiedog

I personally like what TDC has brought to the table but it seems to have been a quiet off season for the Roys. Rookie PurpleGreenRed joins and the great Barrels has sadly retired with fumbler off to purgatory. Stalwarts I Dont Care JackNah_8 Mobbs Mooch and Allikat continue to form the nucleus to the team but can George and RU_ regain some form that at one stage saw them as league leaders? I truly believe the Roys need to find some other avenues as at times it seems too much is left to too few.

A tough one to rate but I sense this is a big year for the Roys. If they are unable to gather some momentum early and bring on board some new talent it may prove to be a very long season.

I have always enjoyed match threads against the Roys but for me they are currently a B- rating.

Okay so as always the Roy's are harder to judge than the House Rules final.

From a total of 26 posters 6 have been inactive all season. and 2 have only posted once. George and RU_ have failed to fire and once again it has been left to the old crew to hold up the innings. The positives for me are the continued form of Mobbs and it would be safe to say I Dont Care has been a more than handy recruit over the past few seasons.

I noted pre season that the Roys needed to develop some new talent and I sense this has not happened. While it is great to see PurpleGreenRed putting up consistent match thread numbers there are not many other green shoots.

The Roys will always be a favourite opposition of mine as they have some ripping posters in their ranks. Mooch fitzroybowiedog TedDougChris JackNah_8 and my personal favourite Beandip are all sensational to banter against. That said I do have to give a rating and sadly they have dropped from a B- pre season to a C- mid season.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iJjKZgo.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back