Toast The Brendan Whitecross Appreciation Thread - He's back in town!

Remove this Banner Ad

Swiss has been massive for us this year, so, so important - so to see him subbed off with a suspected ACL was devastating to the team, us as supporters and most importantly, must of been just gutting to the man himself.

99% of blokes would be that shattered that they would be inconsolable - and yet we have Whitey gathering around his mates with a smile from ear to ear because they got up and finished the job he started and are a step closer to the big dance.

More than anyone, he stands out to me as a long term future Captain of our footy club - his actions speak loud.

Dunno really what I'm expecting the thread to say, but if you are feeling his pain, want to say what an awesome job he has been doing, whatever - here is the place to pay some respect and wish him well.

Best of luck mate - hopefully the prognosis looks better in the morning.

Came here to post the same kind of thread. Have to feel for the guy, has really become such an important player for us and you can only imagine how shattered he would be. Been solid all year and stood up when we needed someone too and he's a massive loss

Really become a good player for our team. Looks like a really positive guy. Saw him smiling with the docs as he was walking out of the room.

Really our most improved along with Bruest. Hopefully its not a tear. Get well soon Brendon.

Great improvement this year. Really disappointing if it has to end here for him now. He's definitely earned his spot in the team. Hopefully there's some good news for him tomorrow! If not, hopefully the team can get up to this point of the season for guys like him and Guerra next year.

Feel for the guy - he's a real club man. Hoping for the best.. but I have that feeling.. it's like a brick at the bottom of my stomach.

Gutted for the bloke. One of our super important mid-tier players and from all accounts a terrific bloke... Speedy recovery is hoped for.

Is it a confirmed ACL?
Looked fine afterwards!!!
I'm no doctor or medical professional but my understanding with ACLs is that it's still possible to walk around normally and even run with one. But your lateral movements are basically gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no doctor or medical professional but my understanding with ACLs is that it's still possible to walk around normally and even run with one. But your lateral movements are basically gone.
You would think though that we wouldn't be letting him walk around if it was suspected. Also he looked happy after the game. Maybe that's just his good charcter but I am hopeful of good news

You would think though that we wouldn't be letting him walk around if it was suspected. Also he looked happy after the game. Maybe that's just his good charcter but I am hopeful of good news
Hopefully it's good news then! :)

I'm hopeful. I did my ACL a while ago so I know a bit about the injury. I'm guessing it's a strain or a partial tear. Not enough force to rupture it. When I did mine, I landed on one foot from a marking contest. So I had heaps of force coming down onto my knee (85kg and probably the biggest leap I had ever done). Also, when he came out of the rooms, he wasn't really limping just looked to have a slight discomfort. When I did mine I could walk but I was limping very noticeably. Lastly, the smile, he must have had some good news about it, no one smiles after hearin they need a knee reco.

If I'm right, he'll miss the rest of the year still but he doesn't have to endure the rehabilitation of a knee reco, so hopefully he'll be cherry ripe for next year.

One of my best mates tore his ACL and he could walk fine with barely a limp after the game, theres this myth about ACL's that you cant or shouldnt be able to walk after it, it means nothing. It's the lateral movement that isn't allowed/can't be done. Walking on it will have no bearing on the injury. If he has torn it then walking on it wont make any difference to the injury. Let's hope that somehow he hasn't torn it and it's just a slight strain or something, jubut it has the reading's of an ACL :(

I love you Whitey! One of my favourite players and whatever the outcome I wish you the very best in recovery!

All the best for WhiteX... hopefully it's ok, bu tif it's the worst a speedy recovery for 2013
I just hate long term injuries, really annoyed me. Definitely hope it is not long term injury. I thought he was sore last week, wished he rested along with lewis this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back