Rumour Busted The Buck's stops here (Buck's is off the bus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond have lost Maric and a reasonably well performing Vickery from their 2014-2015 side for this year, and are likely to finish 4th. I'd hardly say their list is average now, and it has almost gone backwards since 2014-2015.

How do you explain their efforts in 2013-15 then?

I feel like there will be improvement regardless of who coaches the Pies in 2018.

Even this year has been an improvement over 2015 and 2016. The win-loss ratio will be what people judge on, but if people have actually watched and followed the Pies this year, they've been competitive in nearly every game, and have lost a lot of close ones. We haven't gotten pumped or looked miles off the pace.

Going into the season, I put us in the 9th-12th range this year, and depending on the weekend's results, we could still finish 12th. People will say seeing positives in a year like this is "embracing mediocrity", but the competitiveness is definitely there, and list is heading in the right direction IMO.

Problem is, all sides are competitive and most games are an arm wrestle to 3qt and beyond...it's the clubs that can click a gear and have confidence in their game plan and ability that can break away when required more often than not. Haven't seen Collingwood improve in this area at all to be honest...be interested to know how many last qtrs they've won this year.

I reckon they keep him and clear out the assistants like Richmond last year.

I also think this will be the likely scenario. Eddie will not take the fall for Collingwood's slide under Buckley. The team has improved slightly and probably won a few more games than expected, but well below the beginning of the year's expectations.

They'll give him two more years because Eddie.

An absolutely staggering trade, one of the worst of all time. To have that much money languishing in the VFL.

Needing to meet minimum TPP had a lot to do with the contract amount. It's not evidence of the club "rating" him to that level.

Needing to meet minimum TPP had a lot to do with the contract amount. It's not evidence of the club "rating" him to that level.
So why not pay better players on your list more money to appease TPP requirements, rather than paying over the odds for a reserves level hack.

Is restructuring ongoing contracts even a thing in the AFL?
Apparently it is. Only a few clubs have omitted the provision to increase contracts when the new rights deal went through (apparently Adelaide was one of them). They stand to have a big advantage in recruitment for 2-3 years when the salary cap increases but their TPP are relatively low.

The rumour was that Nathan was offered a year but demanded two. Eddie should counter with 18 months allowing for half a chance to half resurrect the 2019 season.

I don't think he's in any position to demand anything.

Just put him on a staff, ends the whole contract issue and means if next year is a failure he can go without a payout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For an obviously astute and successful businessman and footy club President, Eddie just seems to have a blind spot when it comes to assessing Bucks in the same dispassionate manner that he might have assessed other employees in his vast sphere of influence ...

Is it because Ed's ego cannot admit he may have been w..w..w..wrong ... in masterminding the Kirribilli agreement that had Bucks replacing Mick in 2012.?

#jessicarowe

Last edited:
I hope he stays on, easy points

Damn straight. I hope he stays on. Another year and no finals. I can handle a Collingwood under Buckley. It may be a long time before we see the up and about Collingwood - like we have seen in the past. Which, to be honest, I am pretty content with.

Didn't Nedward say that the footy world would know at around about 7 o clock tonight about Buckleys future? Sure he said it or something to that effect on the Friday night coverage - even told Jon Ralph he'd be the first to know and call him personally

Damn straight. I hope he stays on. Another year and no finals. I can handle a Collingwood under Buckley. It may be a long time before we see the up and about Collingwood - like we have seen in the past. Which, to be honest, I am pretty content with.
difference mate
US grand final average 1 every 3.5 years
you guys 1 every 15 years
yeah dont hold your breath

Is that an attempt at humour?
Let's face it pretty sure we're happy with Goodwin. Hopefully Eddie can look outside the four walls one day and bring in someone that's not his favourite all time Collingwood player.
yeah , but not as funny as the joke your mob put up yesterday , now that was a rib tickler, love how many top 3 draft choices and STILL maybe miss finals .
Oh and hes already done that (malthouse ) , who showed great petulance and set us back years reneging on a deal and biting the hand that fed him for over 10 years with EVERY possible resource.
Eddie our president ,you Diamond joe, and a whole lot of whos(jim aside) who just take take take.Wheres Gary when you need him, thats right taking a
We will stick with eddie mate and get bigger and bigger
you GUYS ?
Neil mitchell or that guy with the mohawk?

yeah , but not as funny as the joke your mob put up yesterday , now that was a rib tickler, love how many top 3 draft choices and STILL maybe miss finals .
Oh and hes already done that (malthouse ) , who showed great petulance and set us back years reneging on a deal and biting the hand that fed him for over 10 years with EVERY possible resource.
Eddie our president ,you Diamond joe, and a whole lot of whos(jim aside) who just take take take.Wheres Gary when you need him, thats right taking a
We will stick with eddie mate and get bigger and bigger
you GUYS ?
Neil mitchell or that guy with the mohawk?
I didn't get near the end of reading all that garbage. Enjoy 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back