The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I rate Dylan Moore as a player and Ginnivan too. But yeah, ginnivan's carry on is a little extra. Yeah, players are allowed personalities and I'm also allowed to think he is a douche. lol

Oh also, Spargo, he like Pickett seeks the head high contact. I don't like it. But the standard of umpiring is so bad these days that it gets rewarded but I coinage a little inside when it happens.

I know you dislike our boys, but based on the current standard of umpiring, players are just going to keep doing it across the league. Once they get a whiff of the potential benefit and they have given it a go (even if it’s isolated), that’s probably the main problem is that they got there in the first place.

Did you see the Lachie O’Brien one from round two? That’s the worst I’ve seen and the umpire was right there.

97FD9304-59D3-45E4-A5A9-AE286FB5835B.jpeg

I know you dislike our boys, but based on the current standard of umpiring, players are just going to keep doing it across the league. Once they get a whiff of the potential benefit and they have given it a go (even if it’s isolated), that’s probably the main problem is that they got there in the first place.

Did you see the Lachie O’Brien one from round two? That’s the worst I’ve seen and the umpire was right there.

View attachment 1384277

Yeah I saw this one. I think he got fined for this one?

I think there's got to be room in the game for reviews. Not sure practically how it works. But by the time O'Brien kicks the goal (or behind) a review could have been done. The score could be taken off the scorecard and the bulldogs take the ball from where O Brian staged or a ball up depending on the situation.

What about how over-umpired Richmond games are?????

This is a bigger issue…

According to the few clueless posters on here, Richmond supposedly “purposely” give free kicks away. All part of your game plan apparently.
Love to know your thoughts BC.

According to the few clueless posters on here, Richmond supposedly “purposely” give free kicks away. All part of your game plan apparently.
Love to know your thoughts BC.
I think it would be a bit tongue in cheek to say players purposely give away a free kicks to work to sort of strategy… I’ve seen nothing like that apart from your odd “professional” free kick.

My personal opinion is that tigers play arrogantly at times and it means they play every disputed ball on the edge of free kicks. I also think umpires over-officiate Richmond games.
I’m unable to find any statistics to back this thought up. I’d love to know which teams have the most free kicks paid per game as a whole (both teams included) I just know in Richmond games umpires really enjoy the fact they would have a big crowd and a large tv viewing and they get carried away.

Seems to be a lot more evidence of Melbourne players playing for frees than the Bulldogs, or any other team for that matter

Gee wizz it’s quite in here lately. Where are the sooks / whingers? Must have moved onto other threads to complain about the standard of umpiring in other games whilst Weightman is out and the dogs are winning (lols yeah na I doubt it).

Gee wizz it’s quite in here lately. Where are the sooks / whingers? Must have moved onto other threads to complain about the standard of umpiring in other games whilst Weightman is out and the dogs are winning (lols yeah na I doubt it).
That extra free kick got us over the line on Saturday!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kicks in the game are even, Bevo complains;

As long as they are “EVEN” and you can sleep at night, that’s all that matters right?

Well your coach was the one upset that the Dogs almost lost the Free Kick count. Must have been very distressing for him only having 18 players on-field instead of the usual 20+

Well your coach was the one upset that the Dogs almost lost the Free Kick count. Must have been very distressing for him only having 18 players on-field instead of the usual 20+

That’s not what he’s unhappy about at all. So good to know you’ve popped your head in and lied straight off the bat.

He was unhappy about some of Naughtons treatment. Wasn’t the first and won’t be the last coach to do it.

Rather have 20 on the field than 2-3.

Rather have 20 on the field

I suppose Dogs supporters are used to playing with extras on-field since 2016. No wonder Bevo was upset they didn't perform to expectations.

I'm sure they'll be up and about next week, though they're playing West Coast in Perth. The unstoppable force vs the immovable object right there.

I suppose Dogs supporters are used to playing with extras on-field since 2016. No wonder Bevo was upset they didn't perform to expectations.

I'm sure they'll be up and about next week, though they're playing West Coast in Perth. The unstoppable force vs the immovable object right there.

I’ll see myself out. Yikes that’s some embarrassing posting 🤣
Enjoy.

I’ll see myself out.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

Even Garry Lyon has admitted his beloved Demons are getting well looked after. Doesn't matter what the free kick table looks like when a team is getting so many shots at goal from frees.

The Demons had eight shots at goal in the first half that came directly from either 50 metre penalties or free kicks.

“Melbourne got the greatest run from the umpires I have seen for a long, long, long time. Jeez they had a good run."

Even Garry Lyon has admitted his beloved Demons are getting well looked after. Doesn't matter what the free kick table looks like when a team is getting so many shots at goal from frees.

The Demons had eight shots at goal in the first half that came directly from either 50 metre penalties or free kicks.

“Melbourne got the greatest run from the umpires I have seen for a long, long, long time. Jeez they had a good run."

The weekends umpiring was the worst I’ve seen. Some of the decisions on Saturday and Sunday were disgraceful and the dogs game wasn’t even part of the discussions. The same sooks on here won’t make mention of it though.

Melbourne players are obviously very brave, polite to the umpires and play the game the right way. That's the normal dribble the western supporters post, right?

A has been's opinion trumps stats does it?:rolleyes:
I thought this thread was about the Bulldogs, not the demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back