Club History The Carlton Football Club [from 2007-2013]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
So in response to another thread on the powerbrokers and what not, and in line with a similar thread from last year. Heres some details you may have missed or be remotely curious about.

Carlton2007-2013.png

I like how a third of our revenue in 2013 came from gaming revenue :rolleyes:

If Watson and Lucas don't come on then the 2009 and 2010 drafts won't be looked at too fondly. The same can be said of the 2011 draft since none of them look close to cementing a best 22 spot.

Great stuff Wookie, another interesting column/row to have as part of the table would be to also list the players and draft picks which went out under the players that came into the club.

I was going to extend the draft/trade section but couldnt think of a way to do it without lopsiding it too much. Still i might added it later. This table will get updated later now that ive discovered that i can buy the annual reports going back to 1990 at least.

If Watson and Lucas don't come on then the 2009 and 2010 drafts won't be looked at too fondly. The same can be said of the 2011 draft since none of them look close to cementing a best 22 spot.
Spot on mate. Lucas will be in red if he doesn't get it together this year. Watson is in the balance. Bootsma and Buckley could come good yet but are yet to convince. If they are all busts it creates a hole in the list you could drive a St Kilda tram through.

Ps love your work Wookie. Thanks.

Spot on mate. Lucas will be in red if he doesn't get it together this year. Watson is in the balance. Bootsma and Buckley could come good yet but are yet to convince. If they are all busts it creates a hole in the list you could drive a St Kilda tram through.

Ps love your work Wookie. Thanks.

The possibility of 0 best 22 players from 3 consecutive drafts would have to be unheard of surely?

It's as useful as picking scabs, but you can't help but think of a few sliding doors moments. Calling out Talia instead of Lucas back in 09 could have changed the complextion of the 10 and 11 drafts considerably. Maybe we don't go KPP mad in 2010 and look for mids, or take a kid instead of Rowe in 2011.

One or two good decisions can make a list. Let's hope we made some in 2012 & 13.

Awesome thread, great to be able to see all the draft picks laid out in that fashion. Would love a drafting comparison of other clubs to refer too, laid out the same way. Think of the teams (Port, Richmond, WB, Hawthorn, GC, GWS) who off the top of my head have got those drafts right - massive advantage over our squad. Seeing these draft results is a MASSIVE concern for me now :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome thread, great to be able to see all the draft picks laid out in that fashion. Would love a drafting comparison of other clubs to refer too, laid out the same way. Think of the teams (Port, Richmond, WB, Hawthorn, GC, GWS) who off the top of my head have got those drafts right - massive advantage over our squad. Seeing these draft results is a MASSIVE concern for me now :(

hmm good idea. Ill get on it tomorrow.

Cant compare us to GWS and Gold coast - we never got 5 top 10 draft picks in a year. WB were average until about 2010 - refer to power broker thread for a list of spuds until their F/S year of Wallis and Libba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back