Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really wish that they'd relearn how they put together highlights, because there's more to footy than goals and celebrations.
wut? I could watch this bloke peel onions......

Outsiders thinking we're a slow team fail to realise a lot of our speed was out a fair bit this year.

Williams, Saad, full year from Fisher and Cunningham, return of Charlie, and some confidence in Dow, toss in Martin and Jones is quick almost half our starting 22 has some decent zip about them.

Running is easy. Navigating through a tight situation is a lot more difficult and this is what Williams brings. Saad is a bit more raw pace.
The other players that can bring this quality along in their game is, as you say Martin, Fisher but also Williamson.
One full year down for Williamson and the confidence should be back.

We won't be slow next year and even our talls our quick off the mark - Mckay, CCurnow, McGovern and TDK.
Guys like Cripps, Walsh and SPS as quick off the mark, but quick of mind....We'll be quick enough.

Running is easy. Navigating through a tight situation is a lot more difficult and this is what Williams brings. Saad is a bit more raw pace.
The other players that can bring this quality along in their game is, as you say Martin, Fisher but also Williamson.
One full year down for Williamson and the confidence should be back.

We won't be slow next year and even our talls our quick off the mark - Mckay, CCurnow, McGovern and TDK.
Guys like Cripps, Walsh and SPS as quick off the mark, but quick of mind....We'll be quick enough.

Interesting listening to Goddard talking about Cripps this week.

Agreed that he was probably hampered a bit with his shoulder and being targeted but was also said (paraphrasing) that sometimes players just want to play their way and Cripps needed to work on his speed much more . Can’t remember exactly what he said but it did sound like he was suggesting Crippa needed to work harder and he might just be in a bit of a comfort zone in playing style.

I liked the message and I can see why Goddard used to spit it a lot. Sounds like he sets very high standards for himself and others.

If they can lose the fool Cooney the rest of the broadcast is pretty good considering there * all trading going on.

wut? I could watch this bloke peel onions......
He was a top flight midfielder, who won clearances and broke free from stoppages. That video contains maybe a single one of those, and in exchange we get an awful lot of handpass receives into goals.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are truly spectacular, but for whatever reason highlight reels don't show the play anymore. It's a mark, a HTB, or it's a goal. The game used to be bigger than that, better understood than that.

It makes me sad that it's not that way anymore.

Interesting listening to Goddard talking about Cripps this week.

Agreed that he was probably hampered a bit with his shoulder and being targeted but was also said (paraphrasing) that sometimes players just want to play their way and Cripps needed to work on his speed much more . Can’t remember exactly what he said but it did sound like he was suggesting Crippa needed to work harder and he might just be in a bit of a comfort zone in playing style.

I liked the message and I can see why Goddard used to spit it a lot. Sounds like he sets very high standards for himself and others.

If they can lose the fool Cooney the rest of the broadcast is pretty good considering there fu** all trading going on.

Going back probably three year nows, but recall watching Cripps work hard...very hard...on his speed off the mark trough the pre-season.
Sometimes from a standing position and then off the ground. It looked weird because he was the only one doing it and did it for quite some time.
I really don't think that Cripps somehow got lazy in regards to this. In fact he should have got quicker given the weight drop.

There was something else hampering him I feel.....I don't know what though and why his speed was clearly down.

Going back probably three year nows, but recall watching Cripps work hard...very hard...on his speed off the mark trough the pre-season.
Sometimes from a standing position and then off the ground. It looked weird because he was the only one doing it and did it for quite some time.
I really don't think that Cripps somehow got lazy in regards to this. In fact he should have got quicker given the weight drop.

There was something else hampering him I feel.....I don't know what though and why his speed was clearly down.

Yeah, it wasn’t just about his speed he was more emphasis on him doing different things rather than just being a bull at the contest.

Wish I had the audio.

Do they keep it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was about to have some 2 min noodles for lunch.

But I noticed something that might change my mind...

View attachment 999515

So the bucket-load of MSG tipped into it didn't turn you off, but letters on a cup did? OK.. :)

Wait until we raise the big one on GF day - 'This Cup is CFC Free-Dom'

Haha

Probably a case of Tuck being a modest man and not wanting to say his own name.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just saw this on a FB Post.

123323349_3335640949816488_8977819126311856149_o.jpg

Anyone know why our B&F isn't until Feb 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back