Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Guys just want an opinion and advise from carlton supporters

My best mate is having his 50th Birthday next saturday and im looking at getting him this carlton.jpg

The question i would like to know the answer to is will this hold value (they want $2000 but will let me have it for $1500) and is this the type of memorabilia that would be preferred or a signed Jumper of stephen Kernahan(also framed with copies of all his medals he has won)

Hi Guys just want an opinion and advise from carlton supporters

My best mate is having his 50th Birthday next saturday and im looking at getting him thisView attachment 615166

The question i would like to know the answer to is will this hold value (they want $2000 but will let me have it for $1500) and is this the type of memorabilia that would be preferred or a signed Jumper of stephen Kernahan(also framed with copies of all his medals he has won)
Go with the Sticks jumper, his record won’t change.

The Premiership signatures will be out of date and therefore less valuable, by October.

just think if you are spending those clams getting a serious estimate is worth it........
Good memorabilia is expensive , but its never going to appreciate in value unless its an extremely rare piece so need to evaluate what its worth for us to keep and $1500 is not massive these days just as an example a dusty signed weg black poster with the premiership team cards and a plaque is costing me $500
this format.jpeg

have kb's old jockstrap available if you are interested, gunny........

Old-Jock-Strap.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a fake

Kb is on record as saying he never wore jocks
Never gave off a handball either.

Josh” Seagull” Jenkins wouldn’t have kicked a goal playing in the same side.

Okay ... I know nobody but me will really care about this .. and it probably doesn't belong here ... but I had to share this.

I'm pretty excited because My Mum (who is heavily into Genealogy) just emailed me to say that my third cousin, once removed, is none other than the great Geoff Southby!

And I always wondered why I was so damn passionate about the Blues! :)

It's kinda made my day.

Apologies for the interruption, back to normal programming folks..

Okay ... I know nobody but me will really care about this .. and it probably doesn't belong here ... but I had to share this.

I'm pretty excited because My Mum (who is heavily into Genealogy) just emailed me to say that my third cousin, once removed, is none other than the great Geoff Southby!

It's kinda made my day.

Good on ya wish I was related to Southby even distantly. 🤙

It's kinda made my day.

Who got removed? And did they make a comeback?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's kinda made my day.

Well Geoff is an absolute gentleman, congrats RF

You have bragging rights

Meh, if we fall in a heap again they're within their rights to lay in the boot.

Can't have it both ways - complain when they're critical, and then cast aspersions when they seemingly take our side. Time for excuses is gone now, plenty of players in the position to step up and impact games consistently. Doesn't mean we make finals, but we need to do what Brisbane did last year and challenge some good teams, while banking a number of wins, so that when this year's Lachie Neale trade goes down, we're on the receiving end.

I might be getting carried away but do we even need a gun mid?

Sure it will help us in 2020, but what about 2021 and beyond.

A top line mid will cost us over 1 mil a year and who will be available that's going to be better than Cripps, Fisher, Setterfield, Walsh, Kennedy, SPS, Dow, O'Brien in 2021. I dunno how much another one would improve us, not to mention Cuningham (who I haven't given up on) and Stocker.

For a million dollars I dunno who much better another mid would make us once ours develop.

I reckon we need to focus on rebounding defenders with questions over Doc, Williamson plus simmo won't be there in 2021.

Plus gun small forwards

Luckily for us small forwards and back flankers cost less than mids and key position players.

More about the manner of losses than number of wins, methinks.

7 wins but getting shellacked a dozen times is a bad look.
5 wins without a blowout against us is significantly better.

Consistency is the name of the game in 2019. And not the 2018 consistently bad, either. Beat most of the bottom 6 sides at least once each, beat Gold Coast by a lot, and keep our losing margins under five goals against the rest.

I might be getting carried away but do we even need a gun mid?

Sure it will help us in 2020, but what about 2021 and beyond.

A top line mid will cost us over 1 mil a year and who will be available that's going to be better than Cripps, Fisher, Setterfield, Walsh, Kennedy, SPS, Dow, O'Brien in 2021. I dunno how much another one would improve us, not to mention Cuningham (who I haven't given up on) and Stocker.

For a million dollars I dunno who much better another mid would make us once ours develop.

I reckon we need to focus on rebounding defenders with questions over Doc, Williamson plus simmo won't be there in 2021.

Plus gun small forwards

Luckily for us small forwards and back flankers cost less than mids and key position players.

For clarity - I'm not saying it needs to be a mid, just that we want to be that team down the bottom half of the ladder that manages to land a "big fish" nobody else was really looking at this season. Reinforces our improvement in the eyes of the media and the average punter, and gives us a lot of momentum going into 2020 when we should be looking to crack the top 8.

More about the manner of losses than number of wins, methinks.

7 wins but getting shellacked a dozen times is a bad look.
5 wins without a blowout against us is significantly better.

Consistency is the name of the game in 2019. And not the 2018 consistently bad, either. Beat most of the bottom 6 sides at least once each, beat Gold Coast by a lot, and keep our losing margins under five goals against the rest.

They forget that the club has stated we are doing a LONG TERM REBUILD. We haven't waivered. Has he analysed our list? Did he look at the reasons for last year? "Awful pre season". Has he been to even ONE session or seen what is happening? He contradicts himself at least twice.

Amazes me just because you played the game you can get a job in the media and spout crap without consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back