Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you I'll make an exception!

Hahahahahahaha.....

TL15, the only man ever to make MEB boo!!! It feels great though doesn't it.....you now know how it feels for me every time Betts get a possie against the Blues!! :D

You mean this thread.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/carlton-2015.1084087/page-13

If so, it's back up and running.

Blatantly obvious! ;)

It seems like Gavin Excells at those type of threads in the few months i have been on this forum.

Don't know if its been mentioned but Heath Scotland has signed with Doncaster in the Eastern Footy League, they have a pretty decent team now at Donny, i believe former Pies Ben Johnson and Alan Didak are also playing there ..

It seems like Gavin Excells at those type of threads in the few months i have been on this forum.

Don't know if its been mentioned but Heath Scotland has signed with Doncaster in the Eastern Footy League, they have a pretty decent team now at Donny, i believe former Pies Ben Johnson and Alan Didak are also playing there ..

They only recruit players that have been in trouble with the law?

That he does DVB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, can someone tell me about jumpers?

An old mate of mine has been trying to procure for me a new jumper for my 50th birthday.
I said, "just get me the replica jumper with the new/old emblem and a number 7 on it." (My favourite number since the '80s.)
He said "no way mate, we'll get you the team jumper."
"Don't be bloody silly," said I, secretly chuffed, "they're $300 a pop!"
"You just stay out of this." He said firmly.

He got back to me saying that they stopped issuing the genuine team jumpers several days ago and that they are no longer available.
I said "What, never?"
"Apparently not. Took three calls just to get them to answer the bloody phone at the Carlton Shop."
I wondered if he'd let slip at some point that he was a Collingwood supporter, but I have read some posters on BF remarking that the service there is pretty ordinary.
I said not to worry, replica it is then!

Can anyone confirm for me if this is the case about the team jumpers? It seems odd that they would have them on sale for such a short period, then withdraw them, when there are still people wanting to buy them. Perhaps the person answering the phone didn't know what the **** they were talking about, or weren't very clear.
Can someone who has been buying a jumper lately shed some light on this for me?

Okay, can someone tell me about jumpers?

An old mate of mine has been trying to procure for me a new jumper for my 50th birthday.
I said, "just get me the replica jumper with the new/old emblem and a number 7 on it." (My favourite number since the '80s.)
He said "no way mate, we'll get you the team jumper."
"Don't be bloody silly," said I, secretly chuffed, "they're $300 a pop!"
"You just stay out of this." He said firmly.

He got back to me saying that they stopped issuing the genuine team jumpers several days ago and that they are no longer available.
I said "What, never?"
"Apparently not. Took three calls just to get them to answer the bloody phone at the Carlton Shop."
I wondered if he'd let slip at some point that he was a Collingwood supporter, but I have read some posters on BF remarking that the service there is pretty ordinary.
I said not to worry, replica it is then!

Can anyone confirm for me if this is the case about the team jumpers? It seems odd that they would have them on sale for such a short period, then withdraw them, when there are still people wanting to buy them. Perhaps the person answering the phone didn't know what the **** they were talking about, or weren't very clear.
Can someone who has been buying a jumper lately shed some light on this for me?

They were advertising them earlier in the week but they're no longer available on the website. Seems odd.
Maybe they weren't selling particularly well.

Edit: According to Carlton's instagram post from 17th Dec, they were available for purchase until 20th Dec.

They were advertising them earlier in the week but they're no longer available on the website. Seems odd.
Maybe they weren't selling particularly well.

Edit: According to Carlton's instagram post from 17th Dec, they were available for purchase until 20th Dec.
They were also limited to 300 from memory.....I would assume 100 in each of the three sizes.

Hoping to get some feedback from other parents about the best place to watch the footy at the MCG with a little one. He'll be nearly 2 when I take him to his first game at the MCG against Essendon in Rd4. We're visiting Melbourne from NSW and thought it would be good to take him along, being an arvo game.
Does anyone have experience taking toddlers to the footy? Where would the best place be to sit? I don't want to find ourselves in a spot where we could be annoying hardcore fans who might not tolerate a 2 year old.
I'll also contact the club for their input, but thought it was worth asking fellow blues fans. Thanks in advance for any help. Go blues!
Also, wasn't sure where to post this, so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

Hoping to get some feedback from other parents about the best place to watch the footy at the MCG with a little one. He'll be nearly 2 when I take him to his first game at the MCG against Essendon in Rd4. We're visiting Melbourne from NSW and thought it would be good to take him along, being an arvo game.
Does anyone have experience taking toddlers to the footy? Where would the best place be to sit? I don't want to find ourselves in a spot where we could be annoying hardcore fans who might not tolerate a 2 year old.
I'll also contact the club for their input, but thought it was worth asking fellow blues fans. Thanks in advance for any help. Go blues!

try not to go above the bottom level if possible.

I took my two year old goddaughter last year and we sat in the last row of level 1. It gave her some space to run around a little bit (there's a sort of space in front of the rails behind the last row) when she got restless and it was full of families. You're also close to the parents' room toilets and the food.

Sit close to security .
This game in round 3 against efc* could get pretty willing on and off the field with the sledging that will no doubt take place in light of current events ...

Sit close to security .
This game in round 3 against efc* could get pretty willing on and off the field with the sledging that will no doubt take place in light of current events ...
She's 2 years old. I'm sure she could handle herself in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back