Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Carlton board, but Carlton supporters would do well to remember that supporters of every club are encouraged to post here so long as they do so with good intent.

A simple question was asked; there's no need to be hostile.

Friend of mine, her brother is an AFL boundary umpire (did the 2013 GF, unsure about last year) and he did our intra club a few weeks back. She had this to say -

"My brother umpired a Carlton intraclub club match the other day. Matt Watson was BOG. My brother said that the others must love him or feel that he's a bit fragile because they keep pumping him up and telling him that he was doing a good job."

Friend of mine, her brother is an AFL boundary umpire (did the 2013 GF, unsure about last year) and he did our intra club a few weeks back. She had this to say -

"My brother umpired a Carlton intraclub club match the other day. Matt Watson was BOG. My brother said that the others must love him or feel that he's a bit fragile because they keep pumping him up and telling him that he was doing a good job."

Matthew was very fragile a couple of years ago with few, other than Laidler coming along for support.

Pretty sure it's a little friendlier and somewhat more supportive down CFC way, these days.

HARKER in a related story, it was interesting to read in Micks latest article that "our football club was as introverted as I've ever seen a football club and with the benefit of rear-vision I think it was a bit suppressed". Where was the suppression coming from? I have always tended to feel a certain player who decided to part ways with us last year did a good job of that.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-12/we-got-more-than-a-player

HARKER in a related story, it was interesting to read in Micks latest article that "our football club was as introverted as I've ever seen a football club and with the benefit of rear-vision I think it was a bit suppressed". Where was the suppression coming from? I have always tended to feel a certain player who decided to part ways with us last year did a good job of that.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-12/we-got-more-than-a-player
I am Waite-ing to hear who that may be.

Missed an important question for you here....

Did Watson play forward or back in that game?

i heard there was a meeting at Ikon last night with about 150 members. Members had the chance to ask Mick and SOS a few questions. Did anyone go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpsons-Movie-pitchforks-and-torches.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back