Prediction The Doig- Congrats to Sandi

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I reckon so. The Doig voting system heavily favours consistency, and as amazing as the Fyfernator was in the first half of the season, he either wasn't playing or was severely hobbled in the later part. Hill was great late in the year but not so much early. Sandi will piss it in.

Sandi is the only one I can see who can challenge Fyfe for it this year - Mundy certainly had his moments, as did Neale early doors, but it's definitely a race in about 1.5!

That, and Alex Pearce for the Beacon Award are the certainties.

I'm more curious as who else will place in the Top 5. And of course whether somebody other than De Boer or Mzungu will win Best Clubman this year. And three life membership inductions too. I'm looking forward to the evening, as ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a hard selection for top 5, but I think I'd put Hill before Spurr.
Hilly had a very consistent year, so that's a fair call. I'm going to stick with Spurr though.

How is the doig voting done? Anyone know?

I believe five (?) coaches can award 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 votes per game to each player based on their assessment of playing their role and effort.

This is why the voting system rewards consistency - if you continually perform to standard, you will outpoll someone who has a brilliant game in one match but goes missing in the next.

I believe five (?) coaches can award 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 votes per game to each player based on their assessment of playing their role and effort.

This is why the voting system rewards consistency - if you continually perform to standard, you will outpoll someone who has a brilliant game in one match but goes missing in the next.
Pretty sure it is 1,2,3,4, 5 to the top 5 players each game. Like the one we do on here...

Reckon Mundy will run away with it particularly where he was pretty much BOG for the last few games of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back