Peptides! The *Essendrug Dopers: come smell the bull****! -PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me again what the Essendrug Scum were up to during our Threepeat years. I can be quite forgetful old boy...

Someone was threepeating elimination final losses, someone else threepeating a drug saga fallout...

Fun times for everyone

All the things Rohan could say, thinking the Cats 2008 would get near the 2014 team on the day is one outta left field. Sydney were a damm good side that year and got reamed into submission. The team that came to play that day, would have put away any of the premiership teams from the past 30 years imho. Including the 88/89 Hawks.

2014 was the best GF performance I've ever seen

All the things Rohan could say, thinking the Cats 2008 would get near the 2014 team on the day is one outta left field. The team that came to play that day, would have put away any of the premiership teams from the past 30 years imho. Including the 88/89 Hawks.
To compare the two you would have to break a couple of Hodgeys ribs in the first minute and have him pissing blood from a lacerated kidney.
Then knock Mitchell unconscious.
After that have Roughys lungs filling up with blood from the shattered ribs puncturing them.
Break Burgoynes jaw and Lakes collarbone.
Concuss Lewis and dislocate Gibsons shoulder.
Finally have Gunston do a knee.

Then, and only then could you compare the two.

******* Handbaggers!

All the things Rohan could say, thinking the Cats 2008 would get near the 2014 team on the day is one outta left field. Sydney were a damm good side that year and got reamed into submission. The team that came to play that day, would have put away any of the premiership teams from the past 30 years imho. Including the 88/89 Hawks.
It’s bonkers. The main reason being our 2014 team were at their best and the 2008 team was us playing way way way above our best

It’s bonkers. The main reason being our 2014 team were at their best and the 2008 team was us playing way way way above our best

That 2008 finals series everyone was playing at their best, not above it. That is why we beat an over confident Geelong, they didn't think anyone could match them. 2014 we were just better than everyone

That 2008 finals series everyone was playing at their best, not above it. That is why we beat an over confident Geelong, they didn't think anyone could match them. 2014 we were just better than everyone
What is doubly ridiculous is we were two short on the bench for half a game and they couldn’t get near us. The 2008 cats team is ridiculously overrated. They were good at playing at their best for large parts of the home and away but were s**t under pressure.

Remind me again what the Essendrug Scum were up to during our Threepeat years. I can be quite forgetful old boy...
Glad you asked...

They were sailing up a river called D’nile, on a flailing raft called “Coincidence”, with their Captain Ahab declaring that the storm clouds weren’t really storm clouds.

It didn’t end well.

Glad you asked...

They were sailing up a river called D’nile, on a flailing raft called “Coincidence”, with their Captain Ahab declaring that the storm clouds weren’t really storm clouds.

It didn’t end well.

But it's only a fairy tale Abasi, and as we know fairy tales all end well. I am just waiting for the epilogue provided by the AFL that hands the druggies a flag, then all those years will be forgotten, and the AFL will congratulate itself with a quote borrowed from Chris Scott - "Mission Accomplished."

What is doubly ridiculous is we were two short on the bench for half a game and they couldn’t get near us. The 2008 cats team is ridiculously overrated. They were good at playing at their best for large parts of the home and away but were s**t under pressure.

Exactly, and the two players injured were our best tall defender, Trent Croad, and Clinton Young our best runner, who was close to best on ground in the first half.
The best thing about 2008 is that it's left a huge psychological trauma in their miserable club.

Take that handbaggers!

Exactly, and the two players injured were our best tall defender, Trent Croad, and Clinton Young our best runner, who was close to best on ground in the first half.
The best thing about 2008 is that it's left a huge psychological trauma in their miserable club.

Take that handbaggers!
Yep. And in similar fashion you know deep down the threepete burns bomber fans even more than cats fans because in their minds they were going to be great with all that juice flowing through them. Hawthorn winning premierships really is a moral good.

Is this the summary of what he said https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/16/a-flag-is-a-flag-no-matter-what-the-circumstance-connolly/

Only dig at the Hawks I can find is this bit which is really just personal opinion on the strength of the teams I would have thought, incorrect personal opinion but still

2013 Hawks maybe. 2014 Hawks would have beaten any team any time anywhere. And the 2015 team would have blitzed the old great teams so hard and so fast in the 1st quarter they would have had no idea what they were witnessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take that handbaggers!
Agree except I think our best runner back then was Bateman.

On another note how about those drug cheating scum?

We were stronger without Buddy in 2014 than we were with him in 2013.

Goo I will give you. But Breust and Gunston in 2014 were leaps and bounds ahead of where they were at in 2013.
Only if you look at the grand final margin and not the home and away season. Finished clear on top in 2013. Second by percentage in 2014. We played out of our skin in 2014 grand final but in 2013 we played within ourselves and still won comfortably.

Only if you look at the grand final margin and not the home and away season. Finished clear on top in 2013. Second by percentage in 2014. We played out of our skin in 2014 grand final but in 2013 we played within ourselves and still won comfortably.

How many injuries did we have throughout 2014? What we saw in that Grand Final was the most complete performance in the 40-ish years of football Ive seen.

Geelong in 2007 was a far bigger margin but they played witches hats who were certainly not the 2nd best team of the year.

We played the best team of the year and obliterated them.

How many injuries did we have throughout 2014? What we saw in that Grand Final was the most complete performance in the 40-ish years of football Ive seen.

Geelong in 2007 was a far bigger margin but they played witches hats who were certainly not the 2nd best team of the year.

We played the best team of the year and obliterated them.
Surely we judge teams on actually performance and not what they would have done if not for circumstance A, B and C? We beat the highest pressure team in the known universe in the grand final in 2013 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back