The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Been already said many times. Great last game of the round which gets 0 post-game analysis because of this obsession with Bounce. It’s absolute tripe tonight too.
reminds me of back in the late 60s the thrilling comeback end of an NFL end where the last two minutes where a couple of touchdowns were scored was not seen by half the country. The broadcaster cut to the scheduled start of the movie Heidi. That half of the country didn't know the true results of the game which caused confusion especially with bookies. There was massive uproar on radio, and it made the regular news IIRC. And some jobs were terminated.
Anyway in the end, quoted from wiki...
The game also had an influence on sports broadcasting practices; the future National Football League would contractually stipulate that all game telecasts be shown to their conclusion in the markets of the visiting team, while other major leagues and events adopted similar mandates. In 1997, the Heidi Game was voted the most memorable regular season game in professional football history.
Fox take note, you better careful with that cut switch.:winkv1:

True, but now has a terrible legacy given what followed.

I actually blame the TV Show Friends. A bunch of mates sitting around on couches being cosy and having a laugh it was a smash it at the time! If you look at all these talk/panel shows that sit around on couches over the years talking sh!t and trying to be funny you can all trace it back to the mid 90's when Friends made it popular. Somehow TV producers after all these year still think it's an inviting and popular formula. frankly imo it's a tiresome easy and lazy production.

They seem to cutting costs further now, with the AFL Tonight show being hosted by a Sydney woman who is no real affiliation to your game, she is Foxsports reporter. Unlike Sarah Jones, or Sara Olle or Kath Loughnan for example.

They seem to cutting costs further now, with the AFL Tonight show being hosted by a Sydney woman who is no real affiliation to your game, she is Foxsports reporter. Unlike Sarah Jones, or Sara Olle or Kath Loughnan for example.

I suggest we all start cutting our own costs by cutting our subscriptions.

Kath is filling in for Gerard on 360 this week, so presume it has something to do with that (if tonight is Kath's usual night hosting AFL tonight)

Would like to know why there are so few replays after each round. Yes there is the minis, but full replays are few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy is pretty much the Richmond/Collingwood/Essendon channel, with a smattering of Melbourne and Geelong thrown in.

Also Saints when they lose a game they should win.

Other than that, it's utter tripe.

uh Carlton?

The barracking in the box for them is bordering on the ridiculous, particularly during the saints game.

i thought bucks added a bit to "on the couch" this week. Brown can stick to bounce and other bollocks or they need to replace Roo.

Getting rid of geriatric Healy was a good start and Lyon is a good host, browny and roo need to go. Bucks and Joey Montagna would be a much better combination as they can both analyse the game well and actually articulate it too.

Getting rid of geriatric Healy was a good start and Lyon is a good host, browny and roo need to go. Bucks and Joey Montagna would be a much better combination as they can both analyse the game well and actually articulate it too.

Lyon lost me with his stupid clarko joke this week.

Bucks was suitability unimpressed. This isn't bounce.

Haha I didn't mind the joke, bad jokes can be good sometimes. I don't mind Bucks and he fits the style of On The Couch. Once again I just turn off with player interviews, they will forever be my pet hate with these shows.

I like Montagna as well but I think his current exposure is good. First Crack and one night on 360. They just need more on air talent otherwise we have the same old problem with too much exposure and viewers get a bit of sick of it.

Haha I didn't mind the joke, bad jokes can be good sometimes. I don't mind Bucks and he fits the style of On The Couch. Once again I just turn off with player interviews, they will forever be my pet hate with these shows.

I like Montagna as well but I think his current exposure is good. First Crack and one night on 360. They just need more on air talent otherwise we have the same old problem with too much exposure and viewers get a bit of sick of it.

coach interviews are fine, player interviews are utter garbage "yeah working hard on my game" "working on my role in the team" "stringing some good games together" i just fast forward through them.

maybe if they picked decent players to interview. I mean Jack Silvangi? please.

coach interviews are fine, player interviews are utter garbage "yeah working hard on my game" "working on my role in the team" "stringing some good games together" i just fast forward through them.

maybe if they picked decent players to interview. I mean Jack Silvangi? please.

we knew that insert team here would come out hard
they're a great team
we knew if we played to our strengths
stuck to the game plan
the system
played my role
thanks mate appreciate it

why do footy players suck at interviews?

we knew that insert team here would come out hard
they're a great team
we knew if we played to our strengths
stuck to the game plan
the system
played my role
thanks mate appreciate it

why do footy players suck at interviews?

A couple of my favourite ones over the years have been Lance Franklin’s “Happy to get the four points” after a final and Kyle Reimers repeating (many times) “stick to the structures” after bagging eight goals.

The AFL and the clubs have turned most players into PC robots. Listening to player interviews from other sports can be very refreshing in comparison.

A couple of my favourite ones over the years have been Lance Franklin’s “Happy to get the four points” after a final and Kyle Reimers repeating (many times) “stick to the structures” after bagging eight goals.

The AFL and the clubs have turned most players into PC robots. Listening to player interviews from other sports can be very refreshing in comparison.
structures. hahaha. liek to hear what structures are according to players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back