The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

360 is so much worse when Robbo is back. The guy can barely put a sentence together. When he gets super emotive or passionate about something he just sounds like a flat-out moron.

It really is time he was moved on. Hopefully Jack will take over from next year.
The whole show is tired its been the some format for like 12 years, needs a major revamp with new hosts.

360 is so much worse when Robbo is back. The guy can barely put a sentence together. When he gets super emotive or passionate about something he just sounds like a flat-out moron.

It really is time he was moved on. Hopefully Jack will take over from next year.
Dunstall and Hudson would be the best replacements.

Dunstall and Hudson would be the best replacements.
The whole show is tired its been the some format for like 12 years, needs a major revamp with new hosts.
Can't see Gerard moving on and Huddo and Gerard together would be boring as bit s**t. I like Dunstall when he's being semiserious as opposed to when on Bounce.

Seems like Jack is being groomed as a natural successor though. Anyone but Jordan Lewis, can't stand him. Betts is being gifted appearances too, he's shocking.

He sorted out the whole dangerous tackling issue with two words last night.

'FIXTH ITTT!!!!'

I hope someone at AFL house was taking notes.

I was cringing.

Remember when Matt Guelfi (I think) bleached his hair and Robbo had a crack at him for 'whiting' his hair :$

Was that not just a safe reference to the fact that AFL players bleach their hair to avoid failed drug hair tests? Pretty sure it would've been.

He's like a pissed acquaintance at 3am just after his missus has dumped him again, incoherently telling you how it all went wrong.

And all you want to do is put him in a cab and send him anywhere else.

Can't see Gerard moving on and Huddo and Gerard together would be boring as bit s**t. I like Dunstall when he's being semiserious as opposed to when on Bounce.

Seems like Jack is being groomed as a natural successor though. Anyone but Jordan Lewis, can't stand him. Betts is being gifted appearances too, he's shocking.

Jack is only on because of his assumed ‘likeability’ factor - not because he has any ’connections’ with the Commission or those who hold positions of control or interest within the sport.

I actually think replacing a commentator - albeit a really bad one - with a footballer was a really stupid move - they can provide ZERO insight into :

• the implications of AFL politicing,
  • other clubs politics,
  • the behaviour of other players (whilst still playing)
and,
- the quality of press reports or the truth behind stories.

All we get is the nerdling kneeling in front of Jack…and Jack being careful about every word he says.

It has to be someone who is a recognised AFL critic, but someone who doesn’t go too hard…and an ex-newspaper person.

Because thats the brief.

Jack is only on because of his assumed ‘likeability’ factor - not because he has any ’connections’ with the Commission or those who hold positions of control or interest within the sport.

I actually think replacing a commentator - albeit a really bad one - with a footballer was a really stupid move - they can provide ZERO insight into :

• the implications of AFL politicing,
  • other clubs politics,
  • the behaviour of other players (whilst still playing)
and,
- the quality of press reports or the truth behind stories.

All we get is the nerdling kneeling in front of Jack…and Jack being careful about every word he says.

It has to be someone who is a recognised AFL critic, but someone who doesn’t go too hard…and an ex-newspaper person.

Because thats the brief.
Jack Riewoldt is so vanilla - dunno why he is the (to quote Christopher Moltisanti) hair apparent
I don't disagree I'm just saying it feels as though he will be the one. I'm sure he will open up once he is out of club land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree I'm just saying it feels as though he will be the one. I'm sure he will open up once he is out of club land.

He’s a fairly rare commodity..a footballer who can look at things from different angles - but he has no information sources or network. Just mates.

Betts simply awful. Not only hard to understand he's just another ex footy player reading scripted stats and providing nothing.

Ex-players commentating on their sports are only really good for anecdotes (if their funny and charismatic). And for calling, only if they are prepared to call out what is actually happening during play ala Romo. Outside of that they are way out of their pond and next to useless.

I think it's pretty clear to all that the footy media companies are hiring them for name recognition and not for quality of broadcast.

I think it's pretty clear why he's getting air time.
Yep, in the eyes of fox footy you can never have too many ex blues players, otherwise why else would you have Maclure?

In terms of the shows.

AFL 360 is garbage.
On the Couch is usually top vic focused for the first 20 minutes or whatever they feel like talking about and 40 minutes of snoozing for the remainder of the show. None of the hosts are interesting. Brownie delivers very little.
Bounce isn't too bad. I'm a fan of Jas and the show would be nothing without him, and I quite like the dynamic when Bernie Vince gets going. Andrew Gaze is an idiot.

Fox commentators for 2023

"Experts" These are the only 4 that I think offer something good, or interesting to the network

Nathan Buckley
Jason Dunstall
Jordan Lewis
Cameron Mooney

Eddie Betts, Dermott Brereton, Jonathan Brown, , Nick Dal Santo, Ben Dixon, , Gerard Healy, Brad Johnson, David King, Alastair Lynch, Garry Lyon, Leigh Montagna, , Matthew Pavlich, Mark Ricciuto

"Callers and Presenters"

Kath Loughnan
Gerard Whateley
Anthony Hudson
Sarah Jones
Brenton Speed

, Kelli Underwood, , Mark Robinson, Dwayne Russell, ,, Adam Papalia,, Brihony Dawson, Jon Ralph, Lauren Wood, Megan Waters, Ruby Schleicher, Drew Jones, Cath Durkin

In terms of the shows.

AFL 360 is garbage.
On the Couch is usually top vic focused for the first 20 minutes or whatever they feel like talking about and 40 minutes of snoozing for the remainder of the show. None of the hosts are interesting. Brownie delivers very little.
Bounce isn't too bad. I'm a fan of Jas and the show would be nothing without him, and I quite like the dynamic when Bernie Vince gets going. Andrew Gaze is an idiot.

"Experts" These are the only 4 that I think offer something good, or interesting to the network

Nathan Buckley
Jason Dunstall
Jordan Lewis
Cameron Mooney

Eddie Betts, Dermott Brereton, Jonathan Brown, , Nick Dal Santo, Ben Dixon, , Gerard Healy, Brad Johnson, David King, Alastair Lynch, Garry Lyon, Leigh Montagna, , Matthew Pavlich, Mark Ricciuto

"Callers and Presenters"

Kath Loughnan
Gerard Whateley
Anthony Hudson
Sarah Jones
Brenton Speed

, Kelli Underwood, , Mark Robinson, Dwayne Russell, ,, Adam Papalia,, Brihony Dawson, Jon Ralph, Lauren Wood, Megan Waters, Ruby Schleicher, Drew Jones, Cath Durkin
On the couch has turned to s**t. 10 mins of interesting tactical analysis then a 20 minute painfully boring interview with someone, followed up by 5 minutes of ralphy regurgeting the headlines and finish up with a few minutes of fluff.

First Crack is the best show for footy. Front bar for entertainment.
The 10 minutes of 360 on Wednesdays with kingy is good.

I'd understand the frequent cutting to the comm box if they were trying to fake being there like they do with most of the bbl, but again, it was a Victorian game, and they were literally on the ground in the pre-game, so they had nothing to prove or fake.
I think between this and Dermie in the stand, I reckon it's some producer getting a big head and going 'Right, how can I make my mark? What can I do different without spending an extra cent?'

It’s because Hawkins was on the commentary team. Just trying to ram home the fact he was part of the call.

In terms of the shows.

AFL 360 is garbage.

Nathan Buckley
Jason Dunstall
Jordan Lewis
Cameron Mooney

"Callers and Presenters"

Kath Loughnan
Gerard Whateley
Anthony Hudson
Sarah Jones
Brenton Speed

Reasonably close to being bang on there but I actually for whatever reason enjoy a bit of Dermie every now and then, and Garry is generally a good football operator too.

reiwoldt is terrible cant stand him and dal santo just awful,i stopped watching 360 .
gerard is that far up himself and robbo is a baffoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back