They bought Vauxhall/Opel off GM in 2017. So Holden could no longer offer the Commodore, Astra anyway (as they were Opel products).
There's no a single thing GM did right by Holden post 2013. They set it up to fail.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is it just me or did the VL when sitting inside it have a very distinctive running sound? I haven't been in one for like 10 years.

It's hard to say i havent driven a standard one for quite some time now.

The fuel pumps can be quite loud though.

Anyone remember the dreaded digital VK dash? About as reliable as Kim Jong's temper.
Its like an 80s computer game
Love how it has electronic written on it to give it more luxe styling

iu

I think it's pretty cool, but I wouldn't have one only because I like the analogue VK dash better. Probably my second favourite dash design behind HQ.

Looked at buying a Nissan 300zx once with a digital dash, looked like a transformer on the inside.

What's the dial on the left for? Right is headlights, wipers are on the blinker stick, I can't remember what it is.

I think it's pretty cool, but I wouldn't have one only because I like the analogue VK dash better. Probably my second favourite dash design behind HQ.

Looked at buying a Nissan 300zx once with a digital dash, looked like a transformer on the inside.

What's the dial on the left for? Right is headlights, wipers are on the blinker stick, I can't remember what it is.

I reckon it's "wiper dwell". The wiper control on the stalk was standard on all mid '80's holdens (I remember a UX Torana with one). But the "dwell" or intermittent speed control was only for the optioned up models - but needed a separate control

Holden VF's have big round gauges more in common with Toranas from the 60s than anything from the 80s.

Interior design in cars is funny. An interest of mine.

Being a commodore or falcon driver started to get people labelled as a bogan, it’s not good to be labelled a bogan. Pretentious people did this, ruined it for everyone.

I have a 2017 commodore and love it

Back