Racing The Everest

2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the TAB may be offering a prize for correctly nominating the correct finishing order of this joke

What's the over / under for how much they have spent marketing this piece of crap? Has it's own weekly show on Sky ffs

I just hope the ratings gurus rate this abomination appropriately.

"Everest not so difficult to climb"

The world's richest race on turf proved not so difficult to win this year with Takedown's half a length victory only requiring a modest performance of around 113.

its called publicity. make the obvious fave $6, put a couple horses that no one in this generation has heard of who will see that post ahead of her and watch it run. also the obvious lack of chautauqua greatly disappoints.

Max Presnall was obviously the price assessor.

If that was a real market I'd put my house on her and end up with 6 houses

There would literally be murders by people trying to get to the front of the EBT queues.

I am seriously upset that they have Schillachi at 26s and Hareeba at 51s. Hareeba 4 nil over Schillaci
he runs 2nd to BC, can beat it if the track is rock hard!
Zedative 100000000s as is Tulloch. Placid Ark 3rd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am seriously upset that they have Schillachi at 26s and Hareeba at 51s. Hareeba 4 nil over Schillaci
Didn't Hareeba meet Schillaci when Schillaci was past his peak? For what it's worth, I loved them both. BC beats them quite comfortable because my belief is that they would kill each other up front and BC would take a sit and finish over the top of them. If you added Chautauqua, he would be flying at the finish thanks to the speed of the race. Also, this field is missing another horse, Apache Cat!

Didn't Hareeba meet Schillaci when Schillaci was past his peak? For what it's worth, I loved them both. BC beats them quite comfortable because my belief is that they would kill each other up front and BC would take a sit and finish over the top of them. If you added Chautauqua, he would be flying at the finish thanks to the speed of the race. Also, this field is missing another horse, Apache Cat!
I fully believe Hareeba at its best could run 1.06 easily down the straight on a hard track. No horse before or after BC could do that. He was just fickle though. He was a big horse with lots of problems who when it rained lost 15 lengths. He smashed the 1200m Moonee Valley track record pre strathayr. Lee Freedman conceded every race to Hareeba with Schillaci, always said could only beat him if Hareeba was off.
I rate him 2nd best sprinter ever but not a champion cos of all his faults.

Cataquaua would be about 15-lengths off the leader at the 600 given how slow he is inthe first half of the race and wouldn't be anywhere near them at the finish.

So you think Hareeba was better than Vain. Rightio then...

So you think Hareeba was better than Vain. Rightio then...
that was the argument during the day
i am not so old that I saw Vain, but bar BC Hareeba had more raw ability than any horse i ever saw .

Edit; its effing criminal that there is no video of Hareeba that i can find. it was only 20 years ago FFS, The racing industry should get its act together and have a website full of every group race since forever on some site. It can be that hard FFS

that was the argument during the day
i am not so old that I saw Vain, but bar BC Hareeba had more raw ability than any horse i ever saw .

Edit; its effing criminal that there is no video of Hareeba that i can find. it was only 20 years ago FFS, The racing industry should get its act together and have a website full of every group race since forever on some site. It can be that hard FFS

Vain, grandsire of Black Caviar, is the 2nd best sprinter we've ever produced. Daylight third. And I am a big rap for Hareeba.

Vain, grandsire of Black Caviar, is the 2nd best sprinter we've ever produced. Daylight third. And I am a big rap for Hareeba.
you are using ratings?
Hareeba raced against some quality sprinters. I rate horses like Brawny Spirit and Sequalo better than Cataqua. Vain was a freak i am sure. but i would take the 50s in the real Everest any day!!

No room for Lord Of The Sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back