Status
Not open for further replies.
F: Georgiades - Dixon - Powell-Pepper
HF: Butters - Marshall - Horne-Francis
C: Bergman - Wines - Jones
HB: Burton - Aliir - Houston
B: Jonas (C) - Clurey - Byrne-Jones
R: Lycett - Boak - Rozee
INT: Rioli - Finlayson/Teakle - Burgoyne - Duursma - Farrell (SUB/5th)

This was really tough. I had Bonner on a wing then remembered Lachie Jones. Bonner then tumbled out over Duursma and Farrell.

Took the easy option of assuming Fantasia won't be fit but if he is, he should be a walk up start. More decisions in that case.

Couldn't find a spot for Drew, that just feels wrong.

Teakle is close enough to like for like if Finlayson isn't playing.

Sinn and Pasini should be knocking on the door later in the year, Visentini could surprise, as could Evans.

And a new draftee always seems to break through early, watch out for McCallum and Scully I guess.

F: Georgiades - Dixon - Powell-Pepper
HF: Butters - Marshall - Horne-Francis
C: Bergman - Wines - Jones
B: Jonas (C) - Clurey - Byrne-Jones
R: Lycett - Boak - Rozee
INT: Rioli - Finlayson/Teakle - Burgoyne - Duursma - Farrell (SUB/5th)

This was really tough. I had Bonner on a wing then remembered Lachie Jones. Bonner then tumbled out over Duursma and Farrell.

Took the easy option of assuming Fantasia won't be fit but if he is, he should be a walk up start. More decisions in that case.

Couldn't find a spot for Drew, that just feels wrong.

Teakle is close enough to like for like if Finlayson isn't playing.

Sinn and Pasini should be knocking on the door later in the year, Visentini could surprise, as could Evans.

And a new draftee always seems to break through early, watch out for McCallum and Scully I guess.
Can't see Jones or Burgoyne ahead of Bonner. He's been solid for some time now.

I'd have almost that exact team but with Jones sub, Bonner wing and Farrell bench ahead of Burgoyne. Still a really good side

Can't see Jones or Burgoyne ahead of Bonner. He's been solid for some time now.

I'd have almost that exact team but with Jones sub, Bonner wing and Farrell bench ahead of Burgoyne. Still a really good side

Looking at training photos, Jones is in the white training jumper which might mean he's more possible than probable now. And being considered for half back, not a wing. With his injury history he will have to earn his spot. But he is a huge talent and athletic package.

Bonner more likely a probable and an ideal wingman.

Burgoyne will be a 200 gamer. He can shut down a dangerous forward and gets into good position all the time rebounding from half back.

As I said, some tough calls to be made.

Port Adelaide POWER - Trial Game 1 vs West Coast (In 2 weeks)
F: Georgiades - Dixon - Rioli
HF: Powell-Pepper - T.Marshall - Fantasia
C: Farrell - Boak - Duursma
B: Jonas (C) - Clurey - Burgoyne
R: Lycett - Horne-Francis - Rozee
INT: Bonner - Byrne-Jones - Drew - Bergman (Likely a bunch more players, squad number unknown)
EMERG: Mead (SUB) - Teakle - McKenzie - Dumont

Port Adelaide MAGPIES - Trial Game 1 vs North Adelaide (In 4 weeks)
F: Hayes - Teakle - Evans
HF: Sutcliffe (C) - Scully - McEntee
C: Wilson - N.Moore - E.Moore
HB: Jones - K.Marshall - Williams
B: Pasini - McKenzie - McCallum
R: Visentini - Mead - Dumont
INT: Jackson - Barkla - Hagan - H.Montgomery
EMERG: Weidemann - Francou
DEPTH: Motlop - Cockatoo-Collins - Short - Lobbe - Strange - Corcoran - Kirk - Turner - Sareen - Butcher - Lee - Kennett - Cheesman - Westbrook - Wildman - Carter - Aldridge - Saunders - Appleton - O.Montgomery

Unavailable: (COVID List: ?)
AFL:
Finlayson (Syndesmosis, 4 weeks)
Lord (Lacerated Kidney, 2 weeks)
Wines (Knee, 2 weeks)
Sinn (Hamstring Soreness, 2 weeks)
Butters (Shoulder Soreness, Assess)
SANFL:
NONE
You forgot to add Fantasia to the list due to the inevitable injury he will have sustained by then, whilst getting his breakfast cereal out of the overhead cupboard in his kitchen.

Judging by the training gurnseys, Francis Evans is close to being best 23. I suspect this is if Fantasia doesn’t get up.

It also looks like Bonner is not in the best 23.

After watching today assuming Finlayson isn’t fit

FB: R.Burton | T.Jonas | J.Pasini
HB: D.Houston | A.Aliir | D.Byrne-Jones
C: X.Duursma | O.Wines | M.Bergman
HF: S.Powell-Pepper | C.Dixon | J.Horne-Francis
FF: O.Fantasia | T.Marshall | M.Georgiades
R: S.Lycett | C.Rozee | Z.Butters
I: T.Boak | J.Burgoyne| J.Rioli | K.Farrell
Sub: R.Bonner

The ones we have are s**t, so I'd rather Burton play tall and add some more of our smaller talent.

Just my opinion though.
Sticking with this opinion. I think Burton, Jonas and Aliir are our starting tall defenders. Clurey, McKenzie and Pasini likely to start in the SANFL.

After watching today assuming Finlayson isn’t fit

FB: R.Burton | T.Jonas | J.Pasini
HB: D.Houston | A.Aliir | D.Byrne-Jones
C: X.Duursma | O.Wines | M.Bergman
HF: S.Powell-Pepper | C.Dixon | J.Horne-Francis
FF: O.Fantasia | T.Marshall | M.Georgiades
R: S.Lycett | C.Rozee | Z.Butters
I: T.Boak | J.Burgoyne| J.Rioli | K.Farrell
Sub: R.Bonner
Good I’d only swap perhaps Jones for Farrell

Burton, Pasini, Jonas
Burgoyne, Aliir, Byrne-Jones
Duursma, Wines, Bergman
Powell-Pepper, Dixon, Rioli
Fantasia, Marshall, Georgiades
Lycett, Rozee, Horne-Francis
Finlayson, Boak, Butters, Houston
Jones

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HF: SPP - Marshall - Fantasia
C: Bergman - Wines - Duursma
HB: Burton - Jonas - Houston
B: DBJ - Aliir - Burgoyne
R: Lycett - Rozee - Butters
INT: Jones - Boak - Farrell - JHF
Sub: Bonner

Pretty much settled on the first 18 + Boak barring injury or someone having a standout fortnight in the preseason games. Assuming Finlayson won't be ready for round 1.

At least to start off with I'm on the Burton as a key defender philosophy. Depending on match ups might shift that week to week but for Brisbane Burton is a good match up for their players.

Horne-Francis needs a good fortnight. I think in terms of mix he is a better fit than Drew but on form he is probably a bit behind.

Bonner and Farrell fighting it out for the that spot on the bench. Giving Farrell the edge purely on his end to last season but his internal was crap.

Jones has done some OK stuff as a mid and has the flexibility to play back or forward. Specifically in the side as cover in defence though if Burton is getting beaten.

Dixon can give Lycett a chop-out in the ruck.

HF: SPP - Marshall - Fantasia
C: Bergman - Wines - Duursma
HB: Burton - Jonas - Houston
B: DBJ - Aliir - Burgoyne
R: Lycett - Rozee - Butters
INT: Jones - Boak - Farrell - JHF
Sub: Bonner

Pretty much settled on the first 18 + Boak barring injury or someone having a standout fortnight in the preseason games. Assuming Finlayson won't be ready for round 1.

At least to start off with I'm on the Burton as a key defender philosophy. Depending on match ups might shift that week to week but for Brisbane Burton is a good match up for their players.

Horne-Francis needs a good fortnight. I think in terms of mix he is a better fit than Drew but on form he is probably a bit behind.

Bonner and Farrell fighting it out for the that spot on the bench. Giving Farrell the edge purely on his end to last season but his internal was crap.

Jones has done some OK stuff as a mid and has the flexibility to play back or forward. Specifically in the side as cover in defence though if Burton is getting beaten.

Dixon can give Lycett a chop-out in the ruck.
JHF will start in the ones, bookmark it! Maybe Full Forward but will be in the ones.

To be honest, I just hope we nurse him through early, get him ‘fit’ and let him wild in the last 5 games heading into Finals.

The problem with playing him forward is that he hasn't shown much to suggest he is an effective forward.

I don't think he got the ball once in the internal when he was playing forward. He always seemed to be on the fat side/away from the play. And that seems to follow what I saw of him playing forward for North.

His dominant position is pure midfield and we should be looking to play him there 80% of the time.

Nope. My statement was that he is not a ‘tall defender’. Jonas was referred to as one of our three tall defenders.

You are using “tall defender” to mean key defender, arguing you didn’t say “key defender” Is bizarre.

we always have played him as one of our tall defenders. It’s just factually true.

Last edited:
For fun

F Riloi Finlayson Georgides
HF Powell Pepper T.Marshall Horne-Francis
C Duursma Wines Farrell
HB Burton Aliir Houston
B Jonas Clurey Byrne-Jones
R Lycett Butters Rozee
I Fantasia Boak Dixon Evans Jones

F Williams Teakle McEntee
HF Sutcliffe Scully Jackson
C Dumont Sinn Bergman