The F Word

Remove this Banner Ad

Our average age on Saturday was 24.3 years... exactly the same as the Bombers in 1993. Our average games played was 78.5, 8 less than the Bombers in the GF. They had 2 players older than 29; we had two players older than 29.

Now, that doesn't mean we're going to be winning finals this year... just that our window is opening.

Our average age on Saturday was 24.3 years... exactly the same as the Bombers in 1993. Our average games played was 78.5, 8 less than the Bombers in the GF. They had 2 players older than 29; we had two players older than 29.

Thanks Sando.

Here's a ladder of who we've beaten (in green) and who we've lost to (in red). GWS are extra green because we've beaten them twice. It could also be argued that we beat ourselves due to our shitness during the WB game.

34nplj4.png

Ken Hinkley was a coach at Geelong on 29th September 2007. Given he saw what happened to us, and experienced something very similar in both 1994 and 1995 GF's when he played for Geelong who were absolutely smashed by WCE and Carlton, I have confidence that if we make the finals he will make sure we give it everything.

If we are good enough to win 8 or 9 of our last 9 games and make the top 4, then if we win 2 finals and make the GF, I have full faith that Ken wont allow a repeat of 2007. We might not win, but we will never give up and we will give a good account of ourselves.

We could even snatch a win like the Hawks in 2008

Now, that doesn't mean we're going to be winning finals this year... just that our window is opening.

I saw where you were going with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a ladder of who we've beaten (in green) and who we've lost to (in red). GWS are extra green because we've beaten them twice. It could also be argued that we beat ourselves due to our shitness during the WB game.

We would have been sitting a little bit better if we got up that game.

Derbies are pretty unpredictable. Eagles have a tough run home though, they play Freo and then Sydney in the next 2 weeks. Back to back losses would help us.

But there's still so much footy to be played. While it's nice to look ahead, our destiny is in our own hands. Win the games we should win and we'll make the 8.

**** i hate these threads...such a flirt with jinx....

I remember this thread popped up after our 3 in a row last year i was livid seeing that

Yep. After the last five years we've had you'd think we'd have learnt out lesson. Worry about the finals if we make it (it may be viewed different internally, but that's not our concern).

According to my ladder predictions, a 2 game gulf between 8th and 9th is possible. 11 wins + healthy %age might be enough. 12 wins will almost def seal it.

Brisbane and Gold Coast at home are absolute musts.
2 wins out of the Crows / Saints / Carlton games would seal it.

Was anyone else watching the Cows game feeling like the gods were smiling on us when the draw suddenly looked likely?? Would've been like a lottery win!

Its great to see that we are excited about the possible prospects of playing in the finals... BUT, we also need to realise that this is a work in progress, and should we not play finals footy this year, we can honestly say thats it been a great year, and we are well and truely ready for the next year and beyond!

Getting to play finals footy is great once every blue moon, but its better to have consitant footy team that can be playing finals footy every year.....I want to see this set of players, coaches and CEO & Pres. to create a solid foundation for the next players and supporters whn can aspire to.

The hardest think now for Kenny is to try and keep the players grounded to concentrate on the game at hand and not to what might be. If he can achieve this, which I think he can with the knowledge from Geelong's wins, its just a matter of flicking the switch to let the players know its ours to lose now which then brings on the MUST WIN pressure games to play finals, it will be then when our club rises above all expectations hopefully winning one finals game.

I know how hard it is to try and not think of finals, but when we put top four teams ropes and KO'd 2 of em, its bloody hard not to........and based on current form knowing when we came from its hard to see us going backwards, the train has left the station!!

Knowing that this is year has been one of the best in a long time, I cant bloody wait for next year.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back