Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

And you obviously missed the part I said it doesn't effect scientific studies in other areas whatsoever. Your just wasting your time sticking your nose in other people's business.

You completely failed to understand the point. Pseudo-science, of any nature, is harmful to science regardless of the field of study. It encourages a line of reasoning (or anti-reasoning) that if left unchecked, will lead to other pseudo-scientific rubbish getting into the system. This has widespread ramifications for us all, which makes it my business, so I will stick my nose in and if you don't like it? It's no skin off my back.

And so what I think science is a religion,I never said I don't like religions. Having beliefs and faith in things is great. Don't tell me your getting your knickers in a knot over a simple word?
The more I see and hear science getting all antsy with the church and bible the more I just think it's an alternate religion,a different type of religion. It's just a word,meaning faith, belief,pursuit followed with great devotion. Sounds like a nice word to me.

It matters because conflating faith-driven ideas with scientific study is misleading. It's how the religious right gets ideas like creationism into school science books, despite it having no business being there.

And this big gang you showed us the post you were sending to, sure are taking their time.

What are you on about? I posted on my site yes - never said anything about anyone else getting involved. If people want to respond to it, they can, if they don't, so be it.

And this vague allusion thing you've said in the next post,if you want to think that,good for you. No skin of my nose.
Like I said,I think the chances the earth is round is 30%. My ego couldn't care less if I'm 70% out. In fact I'd be happy if I am and we finally get some understanding of what's going on.
4% knowledge of the particles in our universe,I'm not making any wild predictions based on that or this Swiss cheese big bang theory.

Yet you can't present any reasonable alternative ideas that aren't couched in unscientific notions. You can't even present a reason for a vast global conspiracy to hide FE from us. It's therefore a vague allusion. You might have more credibility if you admitted that.

You completely failed to understand the point. Pseudo-science, of any nature, is harmful to science regardless of the field of study. It encourages a line of reasoning (or anti-reasoning) that if left unchecked, will lead to other pseudo-scientific rubbish getting into the system. This has widespread ramifications for us all, which makes it my business, so I will stick my nose in and if you don't like it? It's no skin off my back.

It matters because conflating faith-driven ideas with scientific study is misleading. It's how the religious right gets ideas like creationism into school science books, despite it having no business being there.

What are you on about? I posted on my site yes - never said anything about anyone else getting involved. If people want to respond to it, they can, if they don't, so be it.

Yet you can't present any reasonable alternative ideas that aren't couched in unscientific notions. You can't even present a reason for a vast global conspiracy to hide FE from us. It's therefore a vague allusion. You might have more credibility if you admitted that.
Your totally missing the point,there's a science board here,go there or stick to your blog. I don't see how this theory effects science at all. People choose science,people choose this theory. People are free to choose whatever they wish,what business of yours is it. If you think science is so under threat,strive harder and stop calling other people's interests 'rubbish'. Or enter parliament and try and have some law passed so your theories are all we must obey.

And I see you took a pot shot at the other religions as soon as you got the chance. Again,prove God doesn't exist. Not religious personally,probably 50/50,higher than round ball theory though. Who are you to tell other parents what they would like their children to believe or learn in school.Seems like there's plenty of religious people out there,so why not teach it. At my kids school it's actually optional so stop complaining about it. If you don't want your children believing in God, just tell them that. Our children will progress in their journey through life and then make their own call.

How about you worry about yourself,your blog,and stop preaching to me. I'm only explaining FE theory,couldn't give two hoots whether someone believes or not,why would I,it's their choice.

30% chance round for me,pretty generous considering everything we don't know about the universe.

And next time you want to stick something I say on your little blog,how about you have the common courtesy of seeking my permission. I would have said yes anyway most likely.

You've made your point here,you don't like FE theory. I've already said your within your rights, so why do you keep commenting about some make believe danger like our flat universe is going to end?

You should go get some Kinesiology or something and relax a bit. :thumbsu:

You should go get some Kinesiology or something and relax a bit. :thumbsu:
Lol
Pseudoscience,I actually tried this nonsense 20 odd years ago and liken it scientifically to areas such as astrology and homeopathy.
These *ing movements are completely devoid of data that's suggests they even remotely have beneficial requirements that offer actual therapy,beyond blind luck or placebo.(see the vitamin industry).
It's an industry just as the faith or religious industries.
If you've been to the US and have seen the golden palaces the religious have built for themselves,you'll understand that they do not want "their" people educated,because lies in direct conflict with their revenue source.
Knowledge is dangerous,it undermines their very meaning for existence and that is $.

Lol
Pseudoscience,I actually tried this nonsense 20 odd years ago and liken it scientifically to areas such as astrology and homeopathy.
These ******ing movements are completely devoid of data that's suggests they even remotely have beneficial requirements that offer actual therapy,beyond blind luck or placebo.(see the vitamin industry).
It's an industry just as the faith or religious industries.
If you've been to the US and have seen the golden palaces the religious have built for themselves,you'll understand that they do not want "their" people educated,because lies in direct conflict with their revenue source.
Knowledge is dangerous,it undermines their very meaning for existence and that is $.

Where is this farking edge, lol i wanna launch space tourism and i wanna be designing my product right now :D

Symptomatic of the faithful.
If you can't answer every specific question they have adequately and within a very small defined space in time(theirs),then they have their confirmation bias firmly intact.
When presented with proven emperical data,they attack the methods,see radiometric carbon dating,whilst not entirely as precise as we'd like,it's pretty damned good,billions of years into milllions,millions into thousands and so on.
When pressed themselves,the random number generator kicks in and their fall back position to the safety of faith/god and "how dare you question my beliefs" is asserted.
Their is nothing 'personal' in the scientific method,on the opposing side,it is all they have and this position is very very dangerous to reality.
No,we don't have all the answers,but yes we are working on it.
No,we don't require or have a default position(which is yours and yours alone)unless reverse engineering may be required.
Their is no 'end game' due to,or required by the scientific method,it is only the process of progress that enables the knowledge desirable for the next set of questions.
It's elegant,it's poetic and most of all,it's simple.

You have completely failed to answer the important part of the question. In fact, you have evaded it.

To maintain a global conspiracy involving several space agencies, hundreds of airline companies, communications companies, shipping firms and multiple governments for several years without anyone noticing 'the truth' would be an enormously expensive and time-consuming exercise. I have yet to see one satisfactorily explanation for why it would be necessary to conceal a flat earth from the public, especially through such elaborate means. I may not be able to work out why such a conspiracy would exist, but from your non-answer to my comment, it's clear you cannot do so either.

what a load of pig whallop - i have not evaded the question what so ever, i have made it clear to you

just cause you dont know why TPTB would lie to you on a issue, doesnt mean that there is no lie; it merely means you dont know cause you are probable a pleb. any other conclusions you are worth not much

the Manhattan project along with numerous other historical events prove secrets can be keep relatively easily. you merely departmentalize the information and keep the bigger secrets to the top - the nature of 'secret soceities' and various elites groupins that have held power over humanity is to keep the top information in the top ranks as opposed to mouthing off to every rank and file member. this is why i laugh when you run on the mill freemasons just say we play poker and do some charity work

its quite funny you are saying said elite powers would have money problems trying to have such a scheme going. these folks wouldnt be concerned with dollars and cents too much. Almost as funny as saying it would be too... "time consuming". i dun think there is a rush

to summarize what you consider a "satisfactorily explanation" is laughable and doesnt carry much. ive offered my own version earlier in the discussion but it has some religious overtones and the uber atheists might start crying, again

no doubt if you look into FE theory there will be some explanations

You missed the part where I mentioned that pseudo-scientific nonsense like FE is harmful to genuine science. Perhaps you should heed your own advice and not refer to the scientific method as 'religious'.

image.png

how , is it 'harmful' to 'real' science?

you'd think in '17 there would be suffice proof of the super fast, multi direction moving globe earth that FE could be easily debunked and yet nope, the fe is apparently one of the fastest growing movements

Last edited:
Yet you cannot offer a single clue yourself as to why? Your entire point here is 'they lied because they wanted to'?

im already said my peice, ill try and requote it if you cant be bothered reading it

my entire point is cause you cannot think of the reason by the zionists or Illuminati, or jesuits or whatever the fe theory goes, would deceive you, doesnt mean all that much outside of you dont know

i am not an expert on fe thoery and have not done all that much reading on it yet, hence i am reluctant to give definitive answers

This explains a lot (as does BrewSmackerVeiny's explanation). You think the notion that the earth is a globe is somehow an attack on religious beliefs.

incorrect again, i certainly dont personally reckon, globehead point of view a religious attack of any sort

i think that fe group and christan groups are different

yet there might be some overlap. my guess, is it would be connected

So in other words you admit there is no valid reason you can think of to deny FE, only vague allusions. Thank you.

who are the ones - that set the level of validity?

look at pizagat and tell me whats valid and whats not in those circles

again, chances are you are a normal blue collar person. because your little mind cannot wrap it self around a process, means only that. not that the process is not there

image.png

what a load of pig whallop - i have not evaded the question what so ever, i have made it clear to you

just cause you dont know why TPTP would lie to you on a issue, doesnt mean that there is no lie; it merely means you dont know cause you are probable a pleb. any other conclusions you are worth not much

the Manhattan project along with numerous other historical events prove secrets can be keep relatively easily. you merely departmentalize the information and keep the bigger secrets to the top

its quite funny you are saying said elite powers would have money problems trying to have such a scheme going. these folks wouldnt be concerned with dollars and cents too much. Almost as funny as saying it would be too... "time consuming". i dun think there is a rush

to summarize what you consider a "satisfactorily explanation" is laughable and doesnt carry much. ive offered my own version earlier in the discussion but it has some religious overtones and the uber atheists might start crying, again

no doubt if you look into FE theory there will be some explanations
Careful now,he's sent a call out to his computer army,linking this very sight and naming those he wants placed under attack for daring to think differently from himself.
Rambling on about throwing balls in the air to prove Gravity while dismissing the experiments already carried out with zero understanding of Universal Acceleration or the possibility of a repulsion force from nearby parallel universe.
Shows how much of the thread he's actually read before declaring war and attempting to send the fear of God into his blogites by suggesting they are now in the gravest of danger because people are daring to think differently to them.

thank god (or science) that #roylin turned up

the level of debunking was getting piss before before the white knight rode in
Well darth_timon has adopted those policies that he has more right to tell a persons child what they should believe,ahead of the very parents who gave birth to,and raising those children.
Funny thing is,I missed the part where they proved God doesn't exist before their attacks on this bloke,and their ruling that all must cease their own individual journeys through life.
I also never remember religion being mentioned in this thread until the anti brigade recently decided to branch out in telling us what we can or can't do and believe.

And this computer army from the land of blog sure are taking their time on arriving to where they have been linked to.

Careful now,he's sent a call out to his computer army,linking this very sight and naming those he wants placed under attack for daring to think differently from himself.
Rambling on about throwing balls in the air to prove Gravity while dismissing the experiments already carried out with zero understanding of Universal Acceleration or the possibility of a repulsion force from nearby parallel universe.
Shows how much of the thread he's actually read before declaring war and attempting to send the fear of God into his blogites by suggesting they are now in the gravest of danger because people are daring to think differently to them.
"Repulsion force from nearby parallel universe"
And there you have it folks.
Salt water and pure water and never shall the two mix!
The level of stupidity is stupendous!

ed388d6c725b925b999c2412ee232153.jpg

first-they-ignore-you.jpg

since the cavalierly has arrived at the party i think we have progressed from no1. to no.2 ^^

some times they threanted no.3 but currently they are too soft to follow thur with death threats

Funny thing is,I missed the part where they proved God doesn't exist before their attacks on this bloke,and their ruling that all must cease their own individual journeys through life.
I also never remember religion being mentioned in this thread until the anti brigade recently decided to branch out in telling us what we can or can't do and believe.

And this computer army from the land of blog sure are taking their time on arriving to where they have been linked to.

:thumbsu:

lol

"Repulsion force from nearby parallel universe"
And there you have it folks.
Salt water and pure water and never shall the two mix!
The level of stupidity is stupendous!
And the unproven Big Bang doesn't seem overly feasible,the Swiss cheese theory. Although I'd imagine it's something a god or creator could probably pull off.

Do you feel your closed mind and arrogance is in anyway dangerous to the susceptible intelligence of the human race?
Are you from the computer blog army that is on its way?

And the unproven Big Bang doesn't seem overly feasible,the Swiss cheese theory. Although I'd imagine it's something a god or creator could probably pull off.

Do you feel your closed mind and arrogance is in anyway dangerous to the susceptible intelligence of the human race?
Are you from the computer blog army that is on its way?
I believe in evidence and you have supplied this site with more than enough for us to assert,beyond repudiation,that your opinions are ignorance wrapped up in faith,masquerading as an idea worthy of posting.
If you were an engineer,you'd begin from the 200th story downward and expect a great result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/board-rules.1047789/

I believe in evidence and you have supplied this site with more than enough for us to assert,beyond repudiation,that your opinions are ignorance wrapped up in faith,masquerading as an idea worthy of posting.
If you were an engineer,you'd begin from the 200th story downward and expect a great result.

i believe in forum rules and the rules state it is up to the globe heads to proof the earth is a fast moving pear like thing that is rotating wobbling and such in an endless space

you must prove this and in 90 pages you have failed

do surveyors take into account the curve of the earth when workin big jobs?

further more there is no need for such personal attacks of the following nature "your opinions are ignorance wrapped up in". the question at hand was the lack of evidence in regards to the soceity of jesus invention, the big bang theory and does require such attacks of a personal nature

170px-Lemaitre.jpg

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/board-rules.1047789/

i believe in forum rules and the rules state it is up to the globe heads to proof the earth is a fast moving pear like thing that is rotating wobbling and such in an endless space

you must prove this and in 90 pages you have failed

do surveyors take into account the curve of the earth when workin big jobs?

further more there is no need for such personal attacks of the following nature "your opinions are ignorance wrapped up in". the question at hand was the lack of evidence in regards to the soceity of jesus invention, the big bang theory and does require such attacks of a personal nature

170px-Lemaitre.jpg
Do you proof read before you post?
Oh shut up,seriously you are the worst poster around here.

just dont point it at the planets, cause they 'twinkle' but ... they are not sposed to
Face palm. They don't twinkle at all.

the Manhattan project along with numerous other historical events prove secrets can be keep relatively easily.

But the Manhattan Project wasn't a secret that could be kept relatively easily. Despite there being 130,000 odd workers involved in the project, only a few dozen men in the US knew the full meaning of the Manhattan Project, and perhaps only a thousand others even were aware that work on atoms was involved. While, most of those working on the project had no idea what their work involved, those that did were subject to the heaviest security and censorship. And the Soviets knew about the Manhattan Project possibly as early as 1943. Soviet spy, Klaus Fuchs for example, was one of those known to be involved. He worked at Los Alamos from August 1944 and was present at the first ever detonation of a nuclear weapon 'Trinity' on July 16th 1945.

Your totally missing the point,there's a science board here,go there or stick to your blog. I don't see how this theory effects science at all. People choose science,people choose this theory. People are free to choose whatever they wish,what business of yours is it. If you think science is so under threat,strive harder and stop calling other people's interests 'rubbish'. Or enter parliament and try and have some law passed so your theories are all we must obey.

When stuff like flat earth theory is paraded around as a valid alternative to something that is based on literally hundreds of years of study, it serves to undermine genuine attempts to understand the world around us. Resources that are better used elsewhere are being wasted on dealing with this sort of insidious idea, that would fill minds with pseudo-scientific rubbish if left unchecked. Your angry rhetoric notwithstanding, I have every right to discuss this here, in this thread, and I have every right to call flat earth theory rubbish. It's not an 'interest' - it's a symptom of a dumbing down of society. It's no different to creationism - it's faux science, that is trying to masquerade as the real thing, why should that be allowed into science lessons?

And I see you took a pot shot at the other religions as soon as you got the chance. Again,prove God doesn't exist. Not religious personally,probably 50/50,higher than round ball theory though. Who are you to tell other parents what they would like their children to believe or learn in school.Seems like there's plenty of religious people out there,so why not teach it. At my kids school it's actually optional so stop complaining about it. If you don't want your children believing in God, just tell them that. Our children will progress in their journey through life and then make their own call.

Strawman fallacy (you're attacking an argument I didn't make). I didn't attack religion - I criticised the injection of religious ideas into science lessons. If you have faith in God, more power to you - if you don't, again, more power to you - but you're using a religious mentality and trying to pass it off as science, which is blatantly wrong, and then saying I'm attacking religion? That's just dishonest of you.

How about you worry about yourself,your blog,and stop preaching to me. I'm only explaining FE theory,couldn't give two hoots whether someone believes or not,why would I,it's their choice.

I can say whatever I want in this thread. The discussion is about FE theory, which is what I am discussing. It clearly matters enough for you to keep defending it.

30% chance round for me,pretty generous considering everything we don't know about the universe.

You base this 30% chance on what? A rejection of hundreds of years of observation in favour of.... ?

And next time you want to stick something I say on your little blog,how about you have the common courtesy of seeking my permission. I would have said yes anyway most likely.

Here's the thing. I don't require your permission. You made public posts on a public forum. I can repost this entire conversation on my site, on other forums, on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter - anywhere I want. Given that you have failed to extend much courtesy to me (by creating strawmen distortions of my position, an act of clear dishonesty), what makes you feel I should extend any to you?

I find it amusing that you feel the need to refer to posting about this on my site as a rallying cry. I don't recall issuing a call to arms in my post, but I am interested in preserving these discussions for posterity. I have to wonder - why are you so threatened by this that you have to imply a meaning that isn't there, then attack that? You are far too fond of Strawmen.

You've made your point here,you don't like FE theory. I've already said your within your rights, so why do you keep commenting about some make believe danger like our flat universe is going to end?

Another Strawman. You grossly exaggerate and distort my position. Fe theory relies on non-scientific means, yet its supporters also try to pass it off as a scientific theory. It's clearly not a scientific theory, so attempts to inject it into the science curriculum are symptomatic of a growing anti-science mindset. Quite how this will affect our progress and our understanding of the universe we don't yet know.

Well darth_timon has adopted those policies that he has more right to tell a persons child what they should believe,ahead of the very parents who gave birth to,and raising those children.

Wow. What a load of misleading and self-congratulatory crap. You have more than once referred to the scientific method as a religious idea and refer to theories based on observation, testing and study as 'beliefs'. You have more or less repeated your Strawman fallacy here regarding attacking religion (in other words, you have wilfully misrepresented my position- you've lied), and I have to wonder why you are so afraid of an honest discussion?

im already said my peice, ill try and requote it if you cant be bothered reading it

my entire point is cause you cannot think of the reason by the zionists or Illuminati, or jesuits or whatever the fe theory goes, would deceive you, doesnt mean all that much outside of you dont know

i am not an expert on fe thoery and have not done all that much reading on it yet, hence i am reluctant to give definitive answers

incorrect again, i certainly dont personally reckon, globehead point of view a religious attack of any sort

i think that fe group and christan groups are different

yet there might be some overlap. my guess, is it would be connected

who are the ones - that set the level of validity?

look at pizagat and tell me whats valid and whats not in those circles

again, chances are you are a normal blue collar person. because your little mind cannot wrap it self around a process, means only that. not that the process is not there

Has it occurred to you (in between your snide remarks) that the reason no one is able to properly answer the question of why this conspiracy exists is not because it's beyond our understanding, but because there is no conspiracy?

Back