Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

mouncey2franklin

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The worst part? I didn't see this coming.

Two undefeated fighters. A transatlantic contest. A massive buildup.

And I didn't put even a cent on the draw. It was paying $23 on the corporates, no doubt more elsewhere.

fu**.

JackFlash

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2012
Docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills, Melbourne Stars
Fury was totally robbed, how the frig could they make that a draw and one judge had it 115-11 Wilder??? WTF? Wilder won two rounds, the knockdown rounds only....and even if you give him another two closer rounds he still loses comfortably. Boxing has been a joke for a long long time....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan

Well you know...
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
I’m at the stage now that if a big fight goes the distance....you just have to accept a draw. Even if you one guy clearly won.

Boxing is a rort.

Last edited:

Dan

Well you know...
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
It wouldn’t surprise me if the judge that gave to Wilder saw the other judges card and thought......**** it

deklares

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Too much money at stake in the AJ fight for Wilder to lose that IMO. Bullshit but that's the reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crash Davis

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
at the absolute most, Wilder gets 4 rounds. 10-9, 10-9, the knock down rounds 10-8 each.
the reaction from Wilder's corner and Wilder himself straight after the bell tells you he knew he was defeated.
this is where MMA is actually a purer sport. the decision in 95% of matches is self deciding.
you can bet your arse, if Wilder and AJ fight in the UK, AJ will win regardless of the real result.
a great fight, ruined by disgraceful scoring

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wilder knocked Fury down in the last at 2:21. When Fury finally got up it was 2:11 and then the ref gave him another 6 seconds to gather his marbles.
Tyson very lucky to get a long count there. :think:
They always do that though, the get up time is always seperate to them doing their quick glove touch check. It shouldn’t be but it is!

Top Bottom