Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that "most" people these days have a free mind and thus need more then a book of maybes to convince hem that any god (inset religious debate for context) actually existed...are people still that stupid in these day and age. If so how do we approach "my god is real and your god isnt" debate?

I'll stick by the Gods all the same.
Thats not the big question, the question is does god matter, according to Buddhism the only thing that matters is your own self and your own actions. Buddha specifically didnt mention god as he suggested its not important for people to know that, you can disagree but the bigger question is why does god matter? if you develop empathy and mindfulness that is godly to me, i dont need no god, i am speaking from experience, if i didnt practice meditation and mindfulness and relied on prayers and holy books i would have killed myself by now.

Thats not the big question, the question is does god matter, according to Buddhism the only thing that matters is your own self and your own actions. Buddha specifically didnt mention god as he suggested its not important for people to know that, you can disagree but the bigger question is why does god matter? if you develop empathy and mindfulness that is godly to me, i dont need no god, i am speaking from experience, if i didnt practice meditation and mindfulness and relied on prayers and holy books i would have killed myself by now.

yes, the good old "I'll shape MY beliefs around ME and make it all about what I do and then nobody can question ME" schtick. Very liberal and new age. I commend you.

God doesn't need to exist.
If there is code at the very bottom of life,does it matter that something created it?
Why does it matter?
It doesn't need to matter.
Understanding the code matters first and foremost.
Do we really need to worship this code writer?
Why?
It's just a ******* code writer ffs.
Who wrote the code writers code to enable it to write more code?
Having a singular point of reference to bow down before and attribute all of existence to is baseline madness.
It's unnecessary,unless you wholey and solely choose to be mad.
Doing the the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Einstein right?
Even if we prove we are a simulation,will it matter?
The worlds religions will freak out.
Do they have good wifi in heaven?
God does not matter.

If there is code at the very bottom of life,does it matter that something created it?
Why does it matter?
It doesn't need to matter.
Understanding the code matters first and foremost.
Do we really need to worship this code writer?
Why?
It's just a ******* code writer ffs.
Who wrote the code writers code to enable it to write more code?
Having a singular point of reference to bow down before and attribute all of existence to is baseline madness.
It's unnecessary,unless you wholey and solely choose to be mad.
Doing the the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Einstein right?
God does not matter.

Where are you getting your hardware from?

yes, the good old "I'll shape MY beliefs around ME and make it all about what I do and then nobody can question ME" schtick. Very liberal and new age. I commend you.
Yes cause i need to shape my beliefs after a doctrine that i dont approve, which i think is utter disgrace and a sham on humanity. Sounds like a plan bro. Morality is subjective, stop living in the stone ages.

God does not matter.

All this ******* argument based on who and how the world was created. * me dead. You need to make a distinction between a supernatural force and god of religion. The god of religion is an absolute *******

All this ******* argument based on who and how the world was created. **** me dead. You need to make a distinction between a supernatural force and god of religion. The god of religion is an absolute *******

Too many asterisks.

It's difficult enough to interpret your posts at the best of times.

Ultimately, God is the Ockam's razor, best & simplest explanation, for both consciousnesses & the miracle that is life in the universe.

Until Hawking or Dawkins, or who-ever, can do better, then it's as sufficient an answer as we are going to get.

Too many asterisks.

Ultimately, God is the Ockam's razor, best & simplest explanation, for both consciousnesses & the miracle that is life in the universe.

Until Hawking or Dawkins, or who-ever, can do better, then it's as sufficient an answer as we are going to get.
God is not Occam's razor at all, i dont even think you know what that means actually. For God to be Occams razor you need to explain where he comes from, but all those doesnt apply to him cause your concept of god is "vague". If god is outside space/time you cannot apply Occam's razor using deductive form of argument. And if you notice my post my post was about the god of Abrahamic religion.

Too many asterisks.

More simply, if God is required to support the universe, why is something else not required to support God, and so on, ad infinitum .FAIL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Lord:rolleyes:....Why even bother coming into this thread!....You are clearly lost & looking for answers on the one hand, then ( Just like Jason pm) try to make out like you have all the answers on the other.

Once more, your's is a betrayal of philosophical & metaphysical naivete.....The subject was life & consciousness, not the universe.

Dear Lord:rolleyes:....Why even bother coming into this thread!....You are clearly lost & looking for answers on the one hand, then ( Just like Jason pm) try to make out like you have all the answers on the other.

Once more, your's is a betrayal of philosophical & metaphysical naivete.....The subject was life & consciousness, not the universe.
I am not looking for answers, you cannot give me an answer, i tried asking you and all i got was fluff. I am here to discuss, preferably not with the likes of you but someone who have an idea of what they are talking about

So what is it? the asteroid, the stars , the moon the earth everything? so if universe is god then what was big bang?
The Big Bang Theory is purely a human understanding of what we think happened at the beginning of the universe. It can be measured but no one understands why it happened.

The Big Bang Theory is purely a human understanding of what we think happened at the beginning of the universe. It can be measured but no one understands why it happened.

Its the origin of time as we understand it, unless you understand things better than everyone. The universe had an origin of the universe is god where did it come from?

I am not looking for answers, you cannot give me an answer, i tried asking you and all i got was fluff. I am here to discuss, preferably not with the likes of you but someone who have an idea of what they are talking about
So am I. However, the answers you are looking for I don't believe can be answered by Science, simply because Science asks the wrong questions.

So am I. However, the answers you are looking for I don't believe can be answered by Science, simply because Science asks the wrong questions.
what wrong questions are they? how do you think you can ask "where and how did big bang happen"..its the origin of time. Dont pretend you know the answer.

Yes cause i need to shape my beliefs after a doctrine that i dont approve, which i think is utter disgrace and a sham on humanity. Sounds like a plan bro. Morality is subjective, stop living in the stone ages.

Yeah, living as a completely self absorbed ignoramus is much more beneficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back