The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

You probably should delete that post.
No. You described him using a rather dehumanising term, perhaps to make marijuana users look like they're undeserving of empathy, to attack a politician for accepting their desires.

As for Marijuana - the thing is I am for it being legalized. I'm just not as extreme as say, Brandt to advocate its abuse in order for a struggling government to win the naiive youth vote.

That my personal experiences with loved ones were ridiculed in defense of Adam Brandt on this board has been an absolute disgrace, but unsurprising.
You used your friend's death as a weird tangential attack on someone who said that people should smoke a little marijuana if that's what they want to do. Nowhere did that suggest advocating "abuse" and it makes you come off as insincere and clutching at straws to justify your dislike of Bandt. Also, you tried to shoehorn in some weird reference to class, as though that has anything to do with anything in this context.

Can you point me to where the green have publicly encouraged their supporters to be insufferable online?

That seems to be your complaint, that you're comparing it to actively promoting racism and anti lockdown protests, undermining democracy etc kind of says your priorities are massively out of whack

As to the weed stuff you slammed a tweet, said weed was a killer and attacked anyone who said you were being dramatic.

So you brought your friend into it as a way to avoid any criticism of your weak arguments

I stated my position on weed last time - it's exactly the same now I can assure you.
I used my personal experiences as to why Brandt shouldn't be advocating Weeds abuse for political point scoring and we saw how snarky Greens voters are.

Not surprising Greens voters act that way - when their leaders punch way above their weight in having low social standards - ie Lidia Thrope -keep your legs shut, and the Greens senotar chanting Alahu Akbar after a viscous assault.

If you want to go on and create a straw man and engage with that then fine, go for it, just don't expect me to take you seriously.

It's all politics to you isn't it? You're FOS.

Is this your contribution....
What are peoples views of the double act osnan faruqi, his legacy and the greens doubles standards and its politic on defending Islam and its culture of a hotbed of Islamic terrorism.

Being a self proclaimed Pakistani Australian, should he confront some uncomfortable truths about the conservative nature of pakistani dispora in Pakistan and Australia that makes Pakistan one of the biggest risks for terrorism. And comment on Islamic terrorism in Australia in general? What about the religion in itself being very conservative with muslim Australians voting against things such as same sex marriage as an example.

Does he or his mother ever comment about this contradiction in politic their views or their own legacy, or are such conversations too uncomfortable for them and green politicians and voters in general?

What makes osman faruqi a 'neo lib wierdo'?
What are his views that draws you to that conclusion. I personally have no idea of his views on economic policy/management/outlook.

:oops:

No. You described him using a rather dehumanising term, perhaps to make marijuana users look like they're undeserving of empathy, to attack a politician for accepting their desires.

You used your friend's death as a weird tangential attack on someone who said that people should smoke a little marijuana if that's what they want to do. Nowhere did that suggest advocating "abuse" and it makes you come off as insincere and clutching at straws to justify your dislike of Bandt. Also, you tried to shoehorn in some weird reference to class, as though that has anything to do with anything in this context.

Actually, I'd like you to stop bringing my mate up yourself for your attempt at political point scoring thanks very much.

It's election year again and the bloody Greens will be at it again with their insanity. It's hard to deny that we need air to breathe and water to drink and dirt to grow stuff. But whether you consider yourself a Greeny and environmentalist or not, you'll have at one point shouted out loud as some idiot spouted off yet another widespread misconception about the environment.
Something like 40 percent of the food we grow isn't eaten, the vast majority of that because it's thrown away by the consumer! So eat your leftovers, kids, and please be sensible when buying all your food at Costco in bulk?

It's election year again and the bloody Greens will be at it again with their insanity. It's hard to deny that we need air to breathe and water to drink and dirt to grow stuff. But whether you consider yourself a Greeny and environmentalist or not, you'll have at one point shouted out loud as some idiot spouted off yet another widespread misconception about the environment.
Something like 40 percent of the food we grow isn't eaten, the vast majority of that because it's thrown away by the consumer! So eat your leftovers, kids, and please be sensible when buying all your food at Costco in bulk?
Yeah all those crazy ideas like:
  • Cutting CO2 emissions to zero by 2040
  • Roof Top Solar
  • Electric Vehicles
  • Large Storage Batteries
  • Community Batteries
  • World Heritage listing endangered species and lands
  • More Public Housing
  • No subsidies to Fossil Fuel Industry

These Green Bastards have no morals at all

I wouldn't go tempting fate with the greens though, they've had some truly sh*t people in the party already, why would you risk a Mark Latham scenario
As I said, every party has bad apples in it. But I think the track record of picking leaders who are not bad human beings should matter, at least in theory. Yes it's entirely possible that a cretin becomes leader of the Greens, but it hasn't happened yet, and I think that's something to note. To be fair to Labor, people didnt know at the time what a shameless turd Latham would become in a political sense, but his assault on a cab driver was pretty well-known.

As I said, every party has bad apples in it. But I think the track record of picking leaders who are not bad human beings should matter, at least in theory. Yes it's entirely possible that a cretin becomes leader of the Greens, but it hasn't happened yet, and I think that's something to note. To be fair to Labor, people didnt know at the time what a shameless turd Latham would become in a political sense, but his assault on a cab driver was pretty well-known.
But people in the ALP were well aware of what Graham Richardson and Robert Ray were like and they would have both sat well with Latham
.....and I'd argue people in the ALP did know what Latham was

ALP aren't perfect. Just take some criticism of the bad eggs supporting your party and those who are representing your party.

Your politic is horrible on a personal level too. A stereotypical swarmy, smug 'superior' greens voter who has no idea why his party hasn't grown in ten years despite our nation being beholden to the coal lobby whilst facing an environmental catastrophe that is climate change.
The ALP are certainly better than the phukctards in government but they have had ample opportunity to stand for something and they repeatedly have squibbed it. We’re all completely sick of it.

The ALP are certainly better than the phukctards in government but they have had ample opportunity to stand for something and they repeatedly have squibbed it. We’re all completely sick of it.
ALP are LNP lite

Just a lot of watered down LNP policies.

They will still continure with the $10B subsidy to the Fossil Fuel Industry while telling us how concerned they are with CO2 Emissions

Sorry to sound like a broken record, they stood for something in 2019...

Sorry to sound like a broken record, they stood for something in 2019...
And then scurried away with their tail between their legs at the exact moment they needed to hold fast.

Ask yourself how many long years EG Whitlam was in opposition, and did he EVER address the party room and say “Comrades, we need to make ourselves a smaller target”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then scurried away with their tail between their legs at the exact moment they needed to hold fast.

Ask yourself how many long years EG Whitlam was in opposition, and did he EVER address the party room and say “Comrades, we need to make ourselves a smaller target”.
AA or Shorten are not Gough Whitlam unfortunately.

ALP are LNP lite

Just a lot of watered down LNP policies.

They will still continure with the $10B subsidy to the Fossil Fuel Industry while telling us how concerned they are with CO2 Emissions
The more Labor desperately monster the Greens instead of the real enemy, the more voters are going to go “yeah, time to try someone else I reckon”.

So they need to be pragmatic.
Just like how the Greens make compromises, and are pragmatic in their approach, it's politics after all.
Well that post is entirely dependent on what the definitions are of “pragmatic” and “compromises”.

I have no doubt Whitlam considered himself very pragmatic and more than open to compromise.

AA or Shorten are not Gough Whitlam unfortunately.

The last thing Australia needs is rampaging inflation. As Margaret Whitlam told a compliant press, its a load of hoo-ha, as mortgage repayments outran wage increases.
Inflation is lurking* & will be on the first 100 days agenda of the winner of our next election. A dose of the 1970s is something I would wish on my worst enemy. Note I voted Gough in & out.

*https://theconversation.com/inflati...dge-the-reserve-bank-on-interest-rates-175045

The political landscape has change immensely since then.

You play politics, a poster laughed at my friends death @sswain defence of Brandts weed comments directed at teenagers.

The greens are the supposed party that is idealistic, my view is they are for the most part, full of sh*t. We can agree to disagree.
I have nothing but empathy for the plight of your friend. Addiction is a truly terrible thing. One of my closest mates throughout high-school ended up suffering drug-induced schizophrenia and effectively cut ties with everyone except family. A middle-aged close relative has just been diagnosed with stage four lung cancer as a result of a near life-long cigarette habit.

My reaction to that post, which you keep trying to attribute your own meaning to, was targeted at the fact that you called him a "bong head".

I actually didn't believe your story initially because I thought it was such an awful and dehumanising way to refer to someone that had fallen victim to something as terrible as a meth addiction. For the record, methamphetamine is actually (albeit rarely) prescribed in the US among other countries for therapeutic purposes for the treatment of people with ADHD. I will never judge someone if it is a habit they choose to indulge, but rather I will try to understand why they have gone down that path, and attempt to provide support where necessary. However, I have seen and heard firsthand how destructive meth can be. People suffering from addiction deserve our support and compassion. They should not be the subject of shame, or referred to using dehumanising terms.

I hope that you can find peace with his passing and reflect on his life in a more empathetic way, rather than using it as something to hide behind when slinging s**t in online political arguments.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back