The Hundred Mens 2023 (Aug 1- Aug 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game 8 of the Mens Hundred

Northern Superchargers (Playing XI): Matthew Short, Tom Banton(w), Harry Brook, Adam Hose, Saif Zaib, David Wiese, Brydon Carse, Wayne Parnell(c), Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, Callum Parkinson

Southern Brave (Playing XI): Finn Allen, Devon Conway(w), James Vince(c), Joe Weatherley, Leus du Plooy, Tim David, George Garton, James Fuller, Rehan Ahmed, Craig Overton, Tymal Mills

Southern Brave have won the toss and have opted to field

Another rain delayed game last night between London Spirit and Southern Brave last night.It makes you realise we in Australia dont have it that bad in terms of weather especially during the summer season.

I reckon the English need an indoor cricket stadium like the Marvel to factor into account bad weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just heard Spencer Johnson speak in a prematch interview. He presented very well. He spoke very respectfully and with humility, with no hint of arrogance; if anything, he sounded a bit shy. But you can tell he is quietly confident in his abilities. That's what you want to see in a player's mindset. He spoke of troubles with injuries but said that he wouldn’t have changed anything about his journey thus far. He said he was incredibly grateful to the Brisbane Heat for giving him a chance. As for how he sees himself as a player, he said he sees his role in a team as being like Mitchell Starc's. He said growing up that he was always that type of player, and he looked up to Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson. Going forward, he said he hopes he can make the Test team. He or the interviewer didn't say anything though about his recent selection to the T20I tour of South Africa, which I found a bit odd. Good luck to him. To me, he's a bit of a mix between Starc and Cummins. A good player. There's no reason he can't become one of our 3 fast bowlers at the 2024 T20 World Cup.

get him into the international team ASAP. Hes a bolter. Test team too.
I just heard Spencer Johnson speak in a prematch interview. He presented very well. He spoke very respectfully and with humility, with no hint of arrogance; if anything, he sounded a bit shy. But you can tell he is quietly confident in his abilities. That's what you want to see in a player's mindset. He spoke of troubles with injuries but said that he wouldn’t have changed anything about his journey thus far. He said he was incredibly grateful to the Brisbane Heat for giving him a chance. As for how he sees himself as a player, he said he sees his role in a team as being like Mitchell Starc's. He said growing up that he was always that type of player, and he looked up to Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson. Going forward, he said he hopes he can make the Test team. He or the interviewer didn't say anything though about his recent selection to the T20I tour of South Africa, which I found a bit odd. Good luck to him. To me, he's a bit of a mix between Starc and Cummins. A good player. There's no reason he can't become one of our 3 fast bowlers at the 2024 T20 World Cup.
Well prior the BBL last season, i dont think too many people around Australia had heard of him. I think he was so far back in the pecking order last season, I heard of him being a possible representative for Italy in that form. But he was a big reason why the Brisbane Heat made the Final last season. Last season was his first season in the BBL.

He seems a bit of a different personality to a Stoinis or someone like a Zampa, where he would rather let his actions do the talking.

He is yet to prove himself overseas but I guess you need to give someone like that experience eventually.

Here we go Game 20:

Welsh Fire (Playing XI): Stephen Eskinazi, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Clarke(w), Luke Wells, Tom Abell(c), Glenn Phillips, David Willey, Roelof van der Merwe, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Jake Ball

Trent Rockets (Playing XI): Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Tom Kohler-Cadmore(w), Joe Root, Colin Munro, Daniel Sams, Lewis Gregory(c), Samit Patel, Ish Sodhi, Luke Wood, John Turner

Welsh Fire have won the toss and have opted to field

The Big London derby tonight at Lords

1692077071076.png

Will it be the men from North London (Spirit) or will South London (Invcinibles) get the bragging rights tonight? Another huge game given how much more tighter the table is for mens compared to women.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back