England v New Zealand ODI Series (Aug 25-Sept 15 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pakistan's plan is in reverse. They are a lot stronger in their bowling, and put priority on Shaheen Shah and Naseem to do the brunt of the work. This is so Babar and co and chase the runs down at their own pace. The Pakistani batsman don't make runs quickly, unlike the big three, they settle themselves and hope not to lose too many wickets up front for a quick dash to the finish
A team should try bowling well and keeping the opposition to a low score but also scoring lots of runs and quickly. I reckon that would be a good strategy.

A team should try bowling well and keeping the opposition to a low score but also scoring lots of runs and quickly. I reckon that would be a good strategy.
In an ideal world.

Last nights Pak v Sri game is a good example of what I explained Pak do. Shafique 52 off 69, Babar 29 off 35. With Rizwan only kicking on after 50 to score 86 off 73, leaving Iftikar and the bowlers to try and score the runs quickly.
No Naseem or Rauf in the bowling line up either.

In an ideal world.

Last nights Pak v Sri game is a good example of what I explained Pak do. Shafique 52 off 69, Babar 29 off 35. With Rizwan only kicking on after 50 to score 86 off 73, leaving Iftikar and the bowlers to try and score the runs quickly.
No Naseem or Rauf in the bowling line up either.
For a rain reduced over game, Pakistan batted quite slow in the first 20 overs of the match. I think Englands batting is the new benchmark of cricket, looking at 5 over blocks whilst looking to tick runs over.

Sri Lanka ended up winning last night but chasing around a run a ball, I know which position I would prefer in a rain reduced match.

Will Young gone, he's not the answer, we need to bring back Finn Allen or even Martin Guptill at the top of the order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back